Thread: Codders needed!

Codders needed!

I am trying to make a new bot using vhabot core.

For IC chatting we got ch42
    For OOC chatting we got Network

What I'm trying to make is a database bot. A bot that'll store anything known about AO timeline-backround-info on people places etc-research

For timeline it'll be like !timeline (to post whole official timeline entries with links that open a new window with more info about each entry) or !timeline [whatever here] for an exact event or year entries.

For info it'll be like !info [character name (to get char's backround)/place]

For both previous examples I could use premade plugins and change the code.

The real problem is the last function about research. What I think about it will go on like this:

It'll be divided in groups (for example !research add DustBrigade would make a new research group named DustBrigade) and people will be able to see those groups with !research (which will open up a new window with already added research groups) (kinda like !teams command works). Clicking on research name will open a window showing each research objective info and known stuff/progress till now. There'll be a button to join research group if you want.

For any research group you are a member you'll be able to do !research update [something] for your new findings (like in the !news command) and the researche's leader could add it to researche's progress/info.

All this just to have a full online database of everything related to backstory/timeline/known facts/ongoing stuff. Maybe it'll have ongoing RP stories (official and not) where you could find info about the stories and !join to send a pm to the story handler to add you to the plot (But I need permissions from each ongoing story's leader if unofficial/events team if official) just to make things easier for new people to take part in stuff or older RP'ers to find info they need fast without alt tabbing and googling stuff.

Till this is up and running smoothly I'll probably make a forum dedicated to AO RP and this stuff for people to access them all together.

What I want now is some people to help me code stuff. I know a bit of C# but I can't say I can do everything. SO I need some people to help with coding in order to get it out in a logical amount of time as it'll take WAY to long if I do it alone.

If you are interested or have ideas post here or PM me in forums or ingame on Aloyce.
    Current RP characters:
    Alyssa "Aloyce" Nemesio "offworld"
    Logan "Cosmicfreak" Stritzke
    Celia "Naleana"
    Cellante

I had a similar system in place with RPNet before it was retired.

You will be far better off if you make people perform their updates via a web form which updates the Bot's Database.

We did this with the Storyteller and PSN systems. When people were writing stories which were extremely long, it was too unwieldy to have them attempt to enter it in-game using a command.

So they would go to a web form, enter, edit and submit their stories. They would be saved to the Databases and made available via the bot. Then when called, the Bot would parse the database entry and return it to the character in +/- 1024 character blocks.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||