Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Apparently, no one has listened to the majority of player who said DONT BLOCK OFF THE AREAS IN BS!!!

instead release photos of retarded opi's with mullets, lmao.

If you think 8-10 people are the majority, you must be severely misinformed.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

There's a joke about the amount of active subs in there somewhere, Demoder!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
    Apparently, no one has listened to the majority of player who said DONT BLOCK OFF THE AREAS IN BS!!!

LAWL @ majority.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

This stuff was made in 2010 (check thread title)
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    LAWL @ majority.
    I kno rite? The majority of people laugh at his false majority

Battlestation *should* have a bit of open areas, but the places large open areas (with no cap points) in core are a little over the top.

Overall though, I'd take a medium/small over large and excessive.

A far as the ELF comments, compare these two pictures:

http://i34.tinypic.com/qqpr0p.jpg

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...2&d=1306505816

That is a DROW elf compared to Opifex. Make it a half-elf (or in this case half opifex, half elf) and it's pretty much Opifex. Anyone else notice that?
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; May 28th, 2011 at 04:05:22.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    while giving the shaft to the active subscribers.
    Your punishment is self inflicted!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Yay for blocked areas, damn fixers stop running away from me >.>
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrlaltwin View Post
    A far as the ELF comments, compare these two pictures:

http://i34.tinypic.com/qqpr0p.jpg

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...2&d=1306505816

That is a DROW elf compared to Opifex. Make it a half-elf (or in this case half opifex, half elf) and it's pretty much Opifex. Anyone else notice that?
    OMG Elves!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Anyone else see from miles away that the new BS will in effect be a huge boost to "spawncamping"?

Can't go 'silent' anymore now, which is gonna kill bs more I betcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Yay for blocked areas, damn fixers stop running away from me >.>
    It's the class, chase! I play a profession thats designed for evac's and stealth, as opposed to one designed for healing and direct combat. Not gonna run sucessfully from any (skilled) pursuers for sure now, which is the intention of my toolset. FC...
    Last edited by Lletah; May 28th, 2011 at 07:44:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Anyone else see from miles away that the new BS will in effect be a huge boost to "spawncamping"?

Can't go 'silent' anymore now, which is gonna kill bs more I betcha!
    no, just you. the rest of us are sitting much closer and see a different picture. your rifle scope must be smudged a bit.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Says the guy with a forums account that is 1 month old.
    ROFLMAO!

Thank you. I needed a good laugh today.
    Oh clownboy, didnt you know that forum accounts now expire with game accounts? Look up the name Ganiscol, if you insist on an old joIn date...

why closing area in bs Q.Q
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

Quote Originally Posted by Xeralix View Post
    So people don't have to run that long to get to the core. Oh, wait...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Xeralix View Post
    so you can't do any clever flanking with mechs, any kiting, and sneaking past or anything like that when one side decides to camp the teleporters

Good news is you get to choose one of many places to start before you get telecamped!

After seeing the pics I've no problem with the areas that FC have closed off. It seems from the last pic especially that you can still run from core to B for example without usng the teleport, just that if your being chased by a pet/melee class you can't use the lower level and the ramp to the higher section to mess about with pets/people on follow.

Are FC going to do something about /follow?

I'd suggest that on BS the /follow command be disabled, remove the black screen when blinded and just have it set your AR to 25% of your Norm (or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

Yeah, heck with *battle*station. We should call it the *space*station where there are long, long hallways and paths where you do not see anyone for several minutes, and when you do you try your best to avoid them again otherwise you may....DIE OMG NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Please FC, nothing is worse than a meaningnless death in a playfield with absolutely no penalty for dieing but there will be a penalty for not actually pvping and trying to hide, which is also known as losing. Battlestations should be like most of our PVM zones, hours upon hours where you see no one.

Yawn.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Yeah, heck with *battle*station. We should call it the *space*station where there are long, long hallways and paths where you do not see anyone for several minutes, and when you do you try your best to avoid them again otherwise you may....DIE OMG NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Please FC, nothing is worse than a meaningnless death in a playfield with absolutely no penalty for dieing but there will be a penalty for not actually pvping and trying to hide, which is also known as losing. Battlestations should be like most of our PVM zones, hours upon hours where you see no one.
    NOES, what the battlestation should be is a "caroussel" with the cannonfooder standing still on a rotary platform and the ubarestubars competing with each other to see who can farm the most kills.

The images are not clear and can be interpreted both ways. Maybe there are some passages left and maybe there arent. My opinion is that if the developers had any intention of leaving any passages they would have imediately clarified the issue. Their silence points to a complete closure of those areas turning the BS into a series of boxed areas easily controllable.

Also. Your attemp to demean other players who dont like their toons to serve for anything more then cannonfooder shows clearly that your toons are so much more awsomer and how much better you are then they. Congratulations, you win +1 in manly Epeen interneting trollery.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    NOES, what the battlestation should be is a "caroussel" with the cannonfooder standing still on a rotary platform and the ubarestubars competing with each other to see who can farm the most kills.
    And who would you place on this caroussel? Would it be my 100% pvm setup soldier? I am not sure it qualifies because rather than hide I actually TRY to help my side win in BS. So if you want to distract the pvpers that will prevent me from capping with the useless losers who like to hide while the few of us attempting to win are struggling, then by all means I support your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    The images are not clear and can be interpreted both ways. Maybe there are some passages left and maybe there arent. My opinion is that if the developers had any intention of leaving any passages they would have imediately clarified the issue. Their silence points to a complete closure of those areas turning the BS into a series of boxed areas easily controllable.

Also. Your attemp to demean other players who dont like their toons to serve for anything more then cannonfooder shows clearly that your toons are so much more awsomer and how much better you are then they. Congratulations, you win +1 in manly Epeen interneting trollery.
    My attempt to demean other players? I was not aware people who wanted to completely avoid battle in the battlestation were even qualified for the term player. Often times when I bring a newer character into a battlestation round I often find myself the target of well-built pvp twinks, but that does not force me to hide until the round is over. I have been the cannonfodder player lots of times and it helps your side win. If I was attempting to demean someone you would know it, I am simply upset with people trying to support players who are the main cause of their side losing.

The worst thing that can happen from this change is more players actually utilizing APT's to defend consoles. PVP playfields are meant for PVP.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast