Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    I agree.

Only the dude who hangs out here needs a FWM every week.
    Hey I told you not to post pictures of my pc room!
    (atleast I was planning to had I known..)
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Hello Means,

Will there be a free month for this years anniversary celebrations for those who decided to suspend their subscription for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    Hello Means,

Will there be a free month for this years anniversary celebrations for those who decided to suspend their subscription for a while?
    ...or better yet, how about a thank you gift to the people that actually PAY their subs?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    ...or better yet, how about a thank you gift to the people that actually PAY their subs?
    ^^ This.

Stop giving the gifts to the quitters, while giving the shaft to the active subscribers.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    ^^ This.

Stop giving the gifts to the quitters, while giving the shaft to the active subscribers.
    I'd take that suggestion from somebody who has been paying during 8 or more anniversaries... it's my turn to freeload a month now, should there be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    I'd take that suggestion from somebody who has been paying during 8 or more anniversaries... it's my turn to freeload a month now, should there be one.
    Says the guy with a forums account that is 1 month old.
    ROFLMAO!

Thank you. I needed a good laugh today.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Makes u wonder tho, what happened to scrn0002.png? :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Lost in the wash?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The dog ate it.... or the teletubie?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    I DEMAND scrn0001.png!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thanks for the screenys Means, much apprectiated to see some new graphical shots but ultimately I am more interested in the overview for the week and 6 pictures don't quite cover it.

I look forwards to reading a couple of paragraphs which allows to me imagine more what goes on in the office-place.

Maybe next week !

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    I look forwards to reading a couple of paragraphs which allows to me imagine more what goes on in the office-place.
    The morning usually starts off with some coffee...

Then reading mails.

Then slapping the keyboard for some hours.

More Coffee..

LUNCH! WOHAAA!!!

Coffee...

Keyboard...

Some phone calls...

Typical office stuff

2nd Round Nano Documents? Nope
    Agent Nano Document? Nope
    Engine News? Nope

Another stellar edition of FWM! Shaping up to be a 10th anniversary to forget.
    This...

We have seen differend head models for 2 years already ! C´mon ! I want to see things in action, videos, estimate dates, even rough ones. Now it seems;

Engine release; 2013+
    Rebalance stuff, 2nd round; 2012+
    Rebalance actually on test; 2014+

New head models finally ready; 2016+

-.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post

I have always wondered why the active subs wont get any compensation, while "newbies" get all sorts of offers and free months. Though there is like 200 ppl paying per server now, so doesnt matter much anyways. And since Im unsubbed atm, bring on the free months ! ^^ Sorry guys, maybe next time..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I never tried it, but can you yalm up/quantum wings in BS? If so, I hope that you guys are blocking off the upper levels of the spiral accordingly to prevent people from flying up there as well as running.
    You can't. Should you be able to? IMO, yes (only QW and sparrow though).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

just remove the wings entirely, remove the spiral from core and make it into an instanced tir arena!

With so much cut off its basically all its going to be anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_1 View Post
    This...

We have seen differend head models for 2 years already ! C´mon ! I want to see things in action, videos, estimate dates, even rough ones. Now it seems;

Engine release; 2013+
    Rebalance stuff, 2nd round; 2012+
    Rebalance actually on test; 2014+

New head models finally ready; 2016+

-.-
    I have personally learned not to ask for any sort of dates from Funcom. They haven't met the rough estimates thus far.. what makes you think that any new estimates are going to be different? (i.e. in an April 2010 chat Means stated that we could expect the engine to be released that same year. almost 16 months later and still nothing.. and I think I saw a Q1 or Q2 2011 expectation set someplace.. Q1 is long gone and in a month Q2's timer is up as well).

This isn't really anything against you.. it is reasonable for paying customers to ask such questions but the reality is that the company has proven that they are not quite capable of setting realistic expectations on large scale projects. Asking for more dates that eventually get missed because of AoC/a natural disaster/someone quitting/whatever is just setting yourself up for further disappointment.

At this point, I'll believe that these things will be released when I see them on a test server. Until then I will just wait and see what happens.

And before anyone comments.. this is in no way an attempt to bash the Devs. I love the fact that Means talks to the players and Kintaii as well. The fact of the matter is that I think they are probably really nice guys... thus me using the term "Funcom" because it is ultimately the company's responsibility to provide accurate communication to its customers and to insure that its employees have the tools and resources necessary to make good on publicly promised deadlines.
    Last edited by Traderjill; May 28th, 2011 at 00:58:48.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

*sigh* I was looking forward to this FwM in the hopes it might say something about this patch that was supposed to be released close to a month ago. You know, the one where shades get back items and token boards; amongst other little things.

It's a miracle that there hasn't been a patch for AO in a good few months now. I cannot remember when the last one was. Have we even had one this year? I remember the good ol' days when there was a patch a week. We knew things were happening.... Now, every time theres mention of a small patch adding a few things here supposedly to come in the next week or 2, I get excited, only to find it wont be out for months to come.

WTB some patches with some of the little stuff implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    Did you just get fed up with us, Means? With the game, maybe? With the company?
    He's probably too busy beating himself upside the head for trusting in fanboy suggestions too much. Now he has to figure out on his own WTF he needs to do to fix this game. Unfortunately, the BS changes are a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    I remember the good ol' days when there was a patch a week.
    That could just as well be a bad sign, that the game was so broken it needed constant fixing to work.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast