Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    edit: Are those 'glass walls' gonna be actual walls at some point and they're just glass now to show the difference?
    Make them transparent so we can see out into space like they changed the floor with!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Would be so much cooler if you just added new BS room(s) with different size(s) and layout(s). The more players would be in the queue the bigger room they would join in.
    IMO, room selection should be based on total levels in queue rather than # of players. You still get a bigger BS with more players, but also get a smaller BS for low-level players.

Speaking of a CTF mode, they should add that to WTF (and make a warp item to get you there).

Omg a new head damn this is moving fast!

Does anyone else feel like it might be time to suspend the FWM for a bit? Or if nothing else, make it monthly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Does anyone else feel like it might be time to suspend the FWM for a bit? Or if nothing else, make it monthly...
    Do you feel it is a Friday Without Meaning?

Why not make Means write one every other week and Kintaii to ramble a long long post every other?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thumbs up if you thought that these will be new new engine screens!
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidjesse View Post
    Sparta representin first page (gang sign)
    Propaganda
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Too much petrol on the coals!

Seriously though, FWM is really great. I still look forward to it every week. But it can be so... depressing.

There's such a visible difference in content and tone that I do wonder: Did you just get fed up with us, Means? With the game, maybe? With the company?

We all love AO. And we'd love to hear more from the man in the big phasefront loungemaster.
    Last edited by Redesine; May 27th, 2011 at 18:35:54.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

the new "you cant pass" areas @ BS couldnt have been made any uglier -.-
    YouTube

AOCharViewer

Martiadvy ~ 220 Clan Advy [Rimor]
    Proud member of Tiger Claw
    in love with Peoples Front of Judea

The change to core looks ok (forcefield following the ramp around a bit) but the rest of it looks terrible.

I could accept the changes to the ramps around core (aslong as you put some decent work into them and not just leave them with their current "oh just cut all this and leave it like that" style (which I assume is just to show us what your doing and isn't the actual way your going to leave em)

But the wings? why? THAT much removed? for what reason? Why why why remove such an area for no apparent reason that is used by many people for many different uses?

Or do you really just want to promote teleport camping?

The purpose of my post was not to troll. Seriously. But I think that at where everything is at, a weekly update might be too often. And I agree with Red that the tone has definitely changed over the course of the years. I'm thinking that spacing them out monthly might give Means more information to dump on us, which we would love. There could still be the occasionaly special announcement when something cool is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    Random request: Please, please redesign the martial artist ofab back! It's so horrible looking.
    add trader ofab back piece to that list. who designed that one anyway? I r not like turtle shells for back pieces.

also, just noticed that in the screenshots, it doesn't look like the hallways going from core to a, b and c are not completely closed off, anyone care to speculate?
    Last edited by SoapTarder; May 27th, 2011 at 18:48:24. Reason: forgot to add "not" in a sentence
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Since everyone seems to be in a QQ session this week, while still waiting for the results from the QQ contest, I'll add my own:

This weeks FwM was too long winded. Next time please be more concise.

Last edited by Tazalanche; May 27th, 2011 at 18:59:28. Reason: We have been waiting for years for more than one battlestation map!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Smallest FWM ever. At least now we know that not all wing are gonna be closed, just the nasty parts where everybody use pet disable.

The separation seems ugly, but if it is only first draw than it is ok
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    This weeks FwM was too long winded. Next time please be more concise.

If a picture is worth a thousand words...
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    If a picture is worth a thousand words...
    Word, how many bytes? 4? Then certainly, more like 200 thousand words ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    My gf always said that no. 2 is a no no
    Thats new to me...

Opi looks too elvish, but the rendering looks otherwise good and new - I'm assuming it was rendered in the new engine?

I think the problem is that the mouth looks like Liv Tylers.

Last edited by Dagget; May 27th, 2011 at 21:18:02.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I agree.

Only the dude who hangs out here needs a FWM every week.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast