Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 20th, 2011: No to Spawn Camping

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    2. Large empty areas of the Battlestations are going to be made inaccessible. The blank areas between teleporters at core and wings are going to be blocked off. Before these areas were necessary for Mech transport but with the removal of the steps around teleporters are no longer necessary.
    Oh noez! Now where will all those points farmers AFK in their mechs?

Wheres my hat!
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Riawn View Post
    Oh noez! Now where will all those points farmers AFK in their mechs?
    in decon

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    in decon
    Hmm, yep decon is good place to farm I like to awt there ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious
    3-all charactors beginning with the letter G are now the coolest, and we're putting them in charge.
    Should have happened years ago tbh

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    1 of the devs logged into the game and got spawn camped DERRRR!, the only reason anything ever changes in AO ^^ hi Kintaii !
    Nice try but re-read the OP - I didn't write it, and I wasn't the guy who came up with the idea. I'm just the dude doing the implementation, as usual. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Nice try but re-read the OP - I didn't write it, and I wasn't the guy who came up with the idea. I'm just the dude doing the implementation, as usual. XD
    I prefer to think of you as a really really hawt blonde chick. stop ruining it for me ><
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Thank you to the Devs for making an effort to improve the current battlestation map.

That's all well & good, but what about our requests for new battlestation maps set randomly (with smaller versions for the lowbie levels)?

We have only been asking for those since the release of the battlestation.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

pet player love! yay!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

I approve of these changes.
    :thumbsUp:

Now quad-capping spawn-campers get to QQ when someone spawns at a different location to capture a panel.
    no more NT's in core chain-casting tripples from 6 floors up?
    no more jumping up/down ramps to kite pets?

also, could you PLEASE prevent players from jumping on top of the machinery near the teleporters?
    perhaps add a blocking-wall or laser-fense there (I prefer the laser fense, to add to the machinery effect.)
    Last edited by Xyphos; May 20th, 2011 at 19:00:31.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Those areas that are being deleted are pretty good to drag somebody to if you can handle him, but it will take a while and you don't want his friends to show up . But I suppose that kind of fights is more something for duels and his friends are supposed to show up to help... or your friends .
    Good changes .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Question

wha! no more camping "spawn" at dyna camp...etc?

they're all buyable "ingame" store now???
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Wow, instead of actually fixing pet pathing and spawn camping, you use such band aids that will make BS even more dull then it is today.

The most exciting fights I had were in those long corridors (yes, even with currently sucky pet pathing), that you are planning to remove now. Well, screw that.

P.S.
    I wonder, how will you deal with actual TELEPORT CAMPING now, since it will be the only option to get to the core?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post

also, could you PLEASE prevent players from jumping on top of the machinery near the teleporters?
    perhaps add a blocking-wall or laser-fense there (I prefer the laser fense, to add to the machinery effect.)
    yes, let's make this game more boring, and more 1 dimensional. maybe if we try hard enough, we can make BS as popular as the pvp playfeild.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

Here here to updating content while the list of things not delivered remains.

1. Round two Nano documentation. Where? When? It only took a year to get the first round done.
    2. Round two Perk documentation. When? First round took months as well.
    3. Engine to testing. When? Heck just on test server would be a start.
    4. New starter experience. Progress? When? Players going to get any input to it?
    5. The list of annoying little things. When might more of those get fixed?
    6. QQ contest results. Typical BS we are used to. Announce something and then don't deliver on the announced date and change the date to Soon.

Today FC gave most of the players a new shiny to chase to distract them from the the apparent truth. That being that the dev team has too many irons in the fire and instead of focusing they are just spreading out more and more. But I think there is a reason the players have not been told. Read on.

We have heard Means say that this other content does not effect the engine effort. But we also have seen him post that the "art" is being updated to look better. Yes we have the Pande content and now the BS rework. Both of those I am pretty require art. So new content has some effect on new art for engine at a some level.

But given all this and my personal displeasure with the big ticket items I have come to a conclusion. Kintaii can correct me if I am wrong. FC is letting the team make these huge (nearly new game) scale changes and probably are looking at a relaunch type of scenario to go with them. Sort of an AO2 with out actually making AO2. I would not be surprised if the all the big content get released under version 20.0 (2.0 get it). And that if AO the remake fails to attract and retain then FC will be truly be finished with it.

Call it the all or nothing shot in the dark. I just have to say that while the new BS changes are nice they stop short of some of the bigger issues the BS has. New maps and red vs blue would have been something.

I will say this as well, the comment about closing in the big empty areas helping with lower level run speed issues such a joke. I mean really Means, Kintaii create a level 30 twink and spawn at A and take the fastest path to B or C. Using the most direct and short path is a multi minute run. Just because I can spawn closer does not change how fast the rest of the moving around will be and at the lower levels people avoid those empty areas like the plague already. As I said I consider this a shiny to distract the masses vice really doing something for the players.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post

4 capping is, in fact, the real objective of the game. As long as it isn't done before the opponents show up or so fast that they get no points it's all good. Even then, theoretically it just expedites the start of the next round where the real objective is to 4 cap.
    I completely agree. But since people like to PVP I would suggest that cap points are disabled the first 5 minutes of the BS round. Time to spread and start killing and ensures at least 5 minutes of pure kill or be killed. I think this would also help with the VP farmers that are there to four cap and not PVP. If each round is going to last 5 minutes then fast easy 4 capped VP is not so enjoyable now.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Well the effort in improving BS is OK, but this really is NOT the way you should be doing that.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    yes, let's make this game more boring, and more 1 dimensional. maybe if we try hard enough, we can make BS as popular as the pvp playfeild.
    translation: "I use those machines and the core spiral to avoid pets, I don't want my camping spots ruined."
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    translation: "I use those machines and the core spiral to avoid pets, I don't want my camping spots ruined."
    o boohoohoo, an engy ofc, probably 1 of 3 top predators that can kill just about anything in pvp...if you can catch it. crank up your snare aura and stop trying to ruin my game...maybe go play a second prof, and see how the rest of us feel your idea of proper pvp is probably 50 people crammed into a 10x10 room while you hide in sneak and let your pets rip them to shreds...yay. love your site, hate your ideas ><

I'llbe honest with ya, I ccl about your pets, those machines, and the general ability to jump on top of things just makes sense, being prohibited from that makes this game retarded beyond my ability to subscribe to it.

maybe you'll ask for all sharp corners in the game to be removed next, or maybe keep us from jumping at all, remove all buildings so nobody can use los, we should only be able to run in straight lines...for 10 feet at a time. there, i did your next game suggestion threads for you, you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    4 capping is, in fact, the real objective of the game. As long as it isn't done before the opponents show up or so fast that they get no points it's all good. Even then, theoretically it just expedites the start of the next round where the real objective is to 4 cap.
    Hazzar....one other person that thinks the same as me!
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast