Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anarchy Online Makes Top 10 List on MMORPG.COM!

Quote Originally Posted by Crisalys View Post
    As Haxi mentioned, there used to be a portal in ToTW (I've never been in the temple, but I have no reason not to believe him or the thread link).

But there's obviously a definitive connection between ToTW and the Inner Sanctum (as at least one of the robes you can loot in ToTW can be used to get IS passes); If there's a connection between the Temple of Three Winds and and the Inner Sanctum, and a connection between the Inner Sanctum and and The Shadowlands, then it stands to reason there's a logical connection between the Temple and the Shadowlands.

Again, this is what I love about AO- Not so much that there are so many "holes" in the various mini-stories that haven't been filled, but the fact that the holes can provide points of discussion such as these- So many stories with so few endings, leaving room for expansion.
    TOTW came first and was followed by IS a year later. But yeah they bosses are hissii. No idea what the connection.

As for the subway. Prior to whompas being created RK had a complete and working subway system. When whompas came on line the subway was abandoned. It became the refuge for all those souls that suffered at the hand of early reclaim tech. And for reference the grid was created later by omni-tech as even more superior form of travel. And then I forget the date but the fixers figured out how to hack the grid and created the fixer grid.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Prior to whompas being created RK had a complete and working subway system.
    o.O? Hax! Never knew such a thing.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    o.O? Hax! Never knew such a thing.
    Story line stuff only these days. The subway buildings in the cities always existed. Of course at least one has been moved. West Athen Subway was actually in OA at release. Not sure when and why it got moved. Probably had something to do with the OA remake.

There are few items one can pick and read the description of that talk about the old subway. But somewhere around Subway going live it was talked about pretty extensively about the history of the old subway. Just can't find that dang reference now.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

TOTW came first and was followed by IS a year later. But yeah they bosses are hissii. No idea what the connection.

As for the subway. Prior to whompas being created RK had a complete and working subway system. When whompas came on line the subway was abandoned. It became the refuge for all those souls that suffered at the hand of early reclaim tech. And for reference the grid was created later by omni-tech as even more superior form of travel. And then I forget the date but the fixers figured out how to hack the grid and created the fixer grid.
    The Hissii, were a sort of branch for the redeemed made for war with the unredeemed. But they were so violent that they lashed out at anything that wasn't redeemed, even the yuttos. ( very similar to the sentinels. )
    How the got to RK (or stayed alive ) is a bit foggy.

The fixer grid, I heard, was actually made by the unicorns to get too more locations around RK faster. It was suposed to be a private system, but fixers hacked it.
    The only supporting evidence, that I can remember, is the giant unicorn logo on the fgrid floor. Funny thing is the unicorns were not on the planet when the fixer grid wen 'public'.
    Point Blank

atleast we beat pirates of the burning sea. I was getting worried here
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

And for reference the grid was created later by omni-tech as even more superior form of travel. And then I forget the date but the fixers figured out how to hack the grid and created the fixer grid.
    I was always under the impression the fixer grid was an abandoned private Unicorn grid as the unicorn insignia is on the floor of the first level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    it's really the same ten/fifteen names that pop up week after week to act like idiots and spew nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Actually, it goes back much further than that, back to Prophet Without Honor where the Unredeemed were steering people in the 20th century, or possibly even earlier. The Redeemed were also at work then, more subtly still, steering a genetic lineage that led to David Marlin.
    Prophet without Honor, by Ragnar Thornquist (pdf)

Read it.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Crisalys View Post

- Who are Virgil or Abmouth, why are they at Subway ?
    Dunno- the Subway was created after I leveled high enough to enter it, and I never spent the time to create a new character to go in there.
    don't quote me on this officially, but i believe Abmouth is an experiment done deep in the subway that eventually turned against his masters (as there are (broken) bio-tanks and all around him). As for Virgil, i guess if i remember well he's more-or-less human, so he might just be a gang boss that set up camp there, and doesn't want anyone on his turf (maybe gang boss of those semi-humans in sub)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Never forget about Phatmos' Booty. Always made me think that Hezak is from those NW parts of Inferno as a result originally!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123