Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Anarchy Online QQ Qontest!

Red did a really good job up there, so there's no point trying to top that. I'll add simply that I took a short break from AO recently. My QQ? I didn't miss it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm hungry, and thus would LOVE some cheese with this whine.

FC (this is primarily Means and Kintaii, though there's likely only 1 or 2 other people anyway so why not address you all),

No one wants the rebalance to happen, at least not in the entire let's fark everyone over and completely change a game that's existed for 10 years. Make a few changes, fine... change everything and completely redefine professions (while magically making the strong professions stronger and nerfing the ones that were fine already), retarded. Then again, it's never going to happen anyway... youve been messing with it for around 2 years and have barely even gotten the first full wave of documents out... but dont worry, you've laid the groundwork for it to take another two years by saying those are just the first waves of documents and there will be more waves before anything happens. At that rate and the rate at which your game is hemorrhaging customers like a farking boat cruise ship taking on water you'll never have to do it anyway. I swear, you guys just talk about this to piss off paying customers and act like youre doing work during your days instead of just circle jerking each other off.

And then theres the retardo graphics update... do you really think anyone plays this game for graphics? do u really think graphics will bring in any new customers and keep them here? people who play games for graphics arent going to "get" AO and people who play AO cause they "get" it couldnt give a fark about the stupid graphics anyway. FFS, ur new graphics engine still looks like 10 year old graphics so what the heck do you plan to accomplish? "Oh, now it looks like 10 year old graphics instead of the 15 year old graphics it used to have" CONGRATU-FARKING-LATIONS! Yet again, youve found a way to piss off your customers and pretend like your doing work without any intentions of really doing anything.

You guys have proven over and over that you don't have a farking clue how to actually play or manage this game... sure, you know in theory that Q starts an attack but you have no concept of how us hardcore gamers actually play the game... you prove it with your ****ty content... your total lack of new content... you total lack of ingenuity... your amazing ability to never introduce any content that doesnt need "fixing" within 2 weeks... and your amazing ability to have no clue how to find exploits on your own without them being spelled out for u by people after theyve been abused for months (years) on end.

In short, you are by far the worst farking game managers/developers i have ever seen in my life.

OH! I almost forgot... the most epic failure of ALL the epic failures of FC (and there have been many)... "There will be no camping in the ShadowLands"... are you farking kidding me? The whole place is designed as one giant camp fest from having to camp mobs to get pb patterns so that you can camp pbs to get your symbs to camping the same 10 hecklers for hours on end so you can try and level because FC is too retarded to introduce instanced content in SL until about 5 years after it comes out. RETARDS!
    Last edited by Bonghigs; May 17th, 2011 at 22:55:03.
    Proud Member of Paradise

The first prof I played up to 220 was a PVM, Tradeskilling Trader. So much QQ I get choked up just thinking about how to express it!!!

Kintaii Edit: Didn't read the rules!

Autohead Edit: See sig for QQ.
    Last edited by Autohead; May 18th, 2011 at 14:47:26. Reason: .
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Didn't read the rules!
    Kintaii Edit: Won a prize this time!

Autohead Edit: Thanks Kintaii, I knew I'd win!
    Last edited by Autohead; May 18th, 2011 at 14:47:04. Reason: ...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Its not as fun if I'm asked to do it .... just doesn't feel natural if I'm not going to get under anyone's skin lol.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/co...2ac270db0.html

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; May 18th, 2011 at 06:05:51.

I guess you made this thread because of the lack positiv mail you received on the "tell us why AO is specials to you" yeah player are QQing, we are all emo and you've done nothing wrong.

We all spend time and money waiting an engine update that never happen, and we are watching you develloping new game (like conan or this other kids mmo...) or bringing a cash shop and stuf.

Lots of ppl are sploitiing, using bug and stuf, database hacking and you do nothing about it.

Lots of class has no team attractivity (MP,Agent,Traders,Fixers...) and 3 ppl of the required prof can do anything (doc,sol,crat...)

Some ppl try to get inside the new stuf (such as collector) they all receive same kind of answer "Sorry we don't need a XXXX"

But we should still play/pay, so we can be cheap pvp target providing enterteinment to other prof that could feel great killing us by pressing few button.

the way you ask player to QQ is really and clearly expressing the consideration you have for us. no wonder why everyone is gone.

What words come in my mind when someone is saying "Anarchy online"? rippe off, frustration, epeened geek, gief my euro's bk...

First of all? Why the ****** hell you have to mess up things with every single patch? I mean every patch brings up new sploits and tons of bugs.. Is it soooo hard to do something well?!?!?!

Took me 6 months of massive playing to collect every ingame twink stuffs to twink my trox adv with intelli symbs. (Note: head and ear are not possible to put on) And when im done with the **** hard twinking what i see??? A small little bug, but with that even a lvl 60 could get more ability than ME!!! You keep swapping negative effect items and you gain +1-2-3k ability... ****** nice, isnt it? Most of us work hard in-game to be uber and top and Thanks To You some ppl with just a little cheat can get even better. My bro did a screenshot, he was bigger on his tl5 sol than a whole city... "Works as intended"

But ok, lets move on. What i REALY miss from this game? Well for that i must tell you what i realy loved.

I loved the massive public raids, when 100+ ppl came to Sec42 and 50-80 ppl did pande raids. I realy loved those raids! Ppl got to know each other, those big public raids built friendship and helped the community. Now, when you made RI interface you removed those big funs and what we got? Private, 1-2 teams only playfields that support only the most hardcore farmers. Because nobody will go to an IBeast raid with 20 ppl (even ppl start to whine after 8 ppl) and same to apfs.

Yes, that took some time to gather stuffs, but that us uber. Those who didnt want to spend enough time with collectign stuffs couldnt get the best gears.

At least when we had fixed apf/zods-beast pop time we timed our raids. I knew when i have to log and we could time our playtime. Now i can sit on lft whole day and dont get invited.

Also, instead of making new shiny craps you could work more on engine and rebalance. I dont give a **** to new t-shirts or new wehicles or a dancing cyborg or a whatever ... i dont need more craps into my bank.

I just want this game fixed, and let me enjoy to play without hearing about an exploit or bug that gets me ****** ******** ****** angry.

kthxbye

Talking

You know whiners, right? That group of people who are loud-mouthed about things, often failing to check facts before stating their pre-determined, unmovable opinions on a random matter of the moment? Yes, that bunch. Here's my thoughts on that matter. Like, really. Some whines are warranted. But 99.98% of them (75% of which contain statistics invented for purposes of the moment) are not.

I mean, if your strategy, whatever it is, always fails with the tools you have at hand.. Maybe you should stop hammering the screw with your sledgehammer, and rather use the screw driver? Or in simpler terms: Adapt your tactics to your tools & situation, instead of demanding the tools and situation be adapted to your tactics?

I've been playing lots and lots of World of Tanks lately. It never fails to amuse me how many people whine over tank X being horrible "because I instadie". The next day, the same person whine about that very same tank being OP, because he faced a player whom knew how to hide its weak spots and use its strong points... Yet claim there's nothing wrong with their playstyle. I see a lot of this mentality around in the world. It's almost depressing at times. I sometimes fancy this idea that many whiners whine because they refuse to admit they're inadequate at whatever it is they whine about. But if I were to tell them this, they would, of course, whine about how rude I am. Ironic isn't it?(*)

The most surpricing whine ever was someone whining about me not whining enough, claiming I'm a FC fangirl (because, somehow, I managed to rationally explain that their PC overheating when playing AO is definitely an error with their PC, not AO.. which did not fit into their Plan of Whines(tm), thus I'm a fangirl).

But on another note, I'd like to chime in a little bit on my tools & stuff: I hate it how I can have a 'coding spree' for a week or three, then have a complete drought which makes my coding performance worse than that of a polar bear hunting for Pinniped in the Sahara desert. It's not all that bad, really.. I do have lots of other things to do. Contray to popular belief, I'm not a robot.. so I do have a life to live. But.. I want certain things to get out there sooner rather than later (see: my patcher, and that guild bot).
    So.. When I have a drought, I kind of go a little bit like "I should be working on that... but.... *further loss of motivation because I should be working on it but don't have the motivation to*". Which is a bad circle, and I'd hate to be the project stuck in the middle of that. But then again, none of my projects are (officially) alive.
    I even planned to spend most days outside, sitting in the sun, coding on the laptop... There's just one scratch in that plan: My laptops screen is so weak, it looks like the laptop's powered off when it's outside.

Now what's up with all the people who feel like nitpicking on peoples spelling, grammar etc... But somehow manage to misspell/get wrong grammar in that same post themselves? I mean.. Unless it's out of a sincere intention to help (which is like 20% of the time tops), you should REALLY make sure that your own spelling and grammar is correct.. right? Or people might start asking who's watching the watchers, who's tasting the wine testers, who's testing the crash-test-dummies, who's whining the whiners, or even: Who's spellchecking the spellcheckers?
    These questions are dangerous. Revolutions have been started over simpler questions than these in the past. And we don't want to start a revolution now, do we? Therefore, spelling-nitpickers should also nitpick their own spelling!

I wnoder if tihs setnecne fleis unedr teh radar?

Only one way to find out, I guess. Spelling nitpicker: I challenge thee!

(*) And to top off that irony, I'm now whining about whiners whom whine about me whining about whiners whining over me not whining in the first place.

And for the love of all that is unredeemed... Will someone just randomly assign a faction to the neutrals known to request neutral token boards? I'm sure it would raise the quality of future game suggestions by a notch and a half!

Whining Out.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 18th, 2011 at 23:05:57.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I guess that my whine would have to be, bring back reclaim, and make it to where people choose more weapons then just a select handful, I mean we have all these weapons on Rk and SL that will never get used because of low min damage or long recharges on specials, or having 5 skills if a gun has more then 3 skills I believe it should be really uber instead of really sucking, but seeing as my QQ will probably be over read idc I guess
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Funcom employee

Contest is OVAH! Cheers to everyone for the amazing amounts of QQ - Truly awesome stuff itt. XD We'll be announcing winners (yes, plural) and prizes (plural there too) soon!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Funcom employee

Alright everybody, it's finally time to announce the winners of the AO QQ Qontest! Each winner will receive 1000 Funcom Points to use as they please in the ingame store, as well as a unique, personalized t-shirt to be sent to the character of their choosing in-game; this is a one-of-a-kind shirt that only the winners will own, so if you see a QQ shirt in game you know you've come across the best of the best! ;D

And now, without any further ado, I give you... The QQ Qontest Winners!

Best AO Profession QQ: Lyrajayne. I was really expecting someone ranting about NTs to take this one - This was outta left field and absolutely golden; maybe my favourite rant in the thread.

Best Real-Life QQ: Phylicity, because... damn. :|

Kintaii Memorial Wall 'o Text Award: midgarclan, whos post I still haven't read because yeah. I'm just kinda assuming he wins due to the sheer amount of words.

Best Use of ****ing Asterisk: Tazalanche, for his Wall 'o *s

Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL: Arriviste wins this one hands down with their awesome submission. A picture truly is worth a thousand tears.

Best Lyrical Contribution: I was kinda hoping for more song/poetry entries. :| Thankfully Redesine actually had a decent reworking of the Fresh Prince theme to keep me happy. =D

Lifetime Achievement Award: quieter456 wins, not only based on the quality of his submission but for his efforts through-out the years. quieter, this one's for you.

And that's it! Thanks to everyone for entering and having fun - I'll be contacting the winners soon with more information regarding their prize. Cheers, and have a great weekend! =D
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jun 3rd, 2011 at 19:24:35.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567