Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 13th, 2011 - Friday the 13th?

Map Skills

Kintaii made a reply on the April 29th FwMeans thread ... it is now closed so will ask my question here ...

Quote: Kintaii from April 29th:
    For any skills we may remove or merge (and before anyone panics there's only a couple more we're looking at, and those are also mostly 'cosmetic' type skills), the 'removed' skills will still have their IP spent in them. If you have any IP in these skills after the rebalancing goes live, you will have a new option in your GUI called "Removed Skills". You will then be able to IPR those skills if you desire. Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    End quote:

This may seem silly, but who in their right mind would not want to reset these "removed" skills?

Why do we have to take everything off to get these "removed" skill IP's back? Why don't you give them back automatically? Or figure out some switch we 'check' to make them come back without having to take all our 'twinked' 'hard-to-get-on' stuff off and re-equip?

Oh well ... 2nd page ...

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    Kintaii made a reply on the April 29th FwMeans thread ... it is now closed so will ask my question here ...

Quote: Kintaii from April 29th:
    For any skills we may remove or merge (and before anyone panics there's only a couple more we're looking at, and those are also mostly 'cosmetic' type skills), the 'removed' skills will still have their IP spent in them. If you have any IP in these skills after the rebalancing goes live, you will have a new option in your GUI called "Removed Skills". You will then be able to IPR those skills if you desire. Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    End quote:

This may seem silly, but who in their right mind would not want to reset these "removed" skills?

Why do we have to take everything off to get these "removed" skill IP's back? Why don't you give them back automatically? Or figure out some switch we 'check' to make them come back without having to take all our 'twinked' 'hard-to-get-on' stuff off and re-equip?

Oh well ... 2nd page ...

Colrain
    Good point! I cant even imagine trying to put certain items back on my "twinks". I wanted to die irl trying to get them on the first time.
    Based God.

Cubetastic!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't wait to see what he puts together for the preview of the new engine.
    Couldn't tell at wich point entire community feels the same ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Perhaps you should stop the FWM tradition unless there's actually something of relevance to be said? At some point it just becomes a rather empty gesture... Well-intented, but utterly defeating the purpose of establishing a meaningful dialogue with the community.
    I think that still stands..

Gratz Cube! Your videos always are breathtaking.

I once commented "Damn FC, hire this guy!!!" on one of them. Glad they did it
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Grats "Cube." Your videos are the derpest. :>

Ok, so video regarding new engie is going to start now? Then one can conclude that new engine hits servers...?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Cubetastic!
    Woo!

And thank you everyone else, words can't even describe how elated I am to start working on AO! <3!
    Last edited by cube; May 13th, 2011 at 17:39:20.

Who is this cub everybody is talking about?

Post XXX!!! YEAH!!
    Last edited by Lusos101; May 13th, 2011 at 18:07:52. Reason: Mind your own business> :p
    Gustatus similis pullus.

So when they failed to deliver engine in 1st Q of 2011 means said it will be in 2nd Q of 2011...I guess that wont happen since ur getting the guy who will make preview video for it??

Jesus will it ever come out?!
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

No, they're just using it as a ploy to keep people paying their sub fees.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Great job getting Cube to do the preview video for the new engine. He has done some fantastic video work in the past. I can't wait to see what he does with the new engine video.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    No, they're just using it as a ploy to keep people paying their sub fees.
    Right, because people are stupid enough to just pay for a sub to sit and wait and not actually play the game.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Well you were stupid enough to reply to my sarcastic comment, so maybe?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I think our "professionals" should be fair game in the QQ thread. Please amend the rules.

Funcom employee

Nah. You're free to complain about "Professionals" in general, but no singling another player out. 'sides, like I said in the OP - The thread is supposed to be fun, not mean. I'm ok with taking one on the chin because I've got pretty thick skin and so do most of the other peeps who work with us here on the AO team. Guys like the Professionals, though, are players just like the rest of you guys, and while I'm ok with QQ regarding the overall program/title/position, I'd rather not run the risk of someone targeting an individual and getting 'em upset over something that's *intended* to be (mostly) good-natured fun. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ...I'm ok with taking one on the chin...
    That's what she said!

ZING!

Sorry.. just read this week's Savage Love and right after, for some reason, everything that can be taken out of context to be even slightly pervy just lights up like a christmas tree. It's like the least useful -but quite amusing- superpower ever.

Grats Cube, I like your videos
    Strombanni, 220/70/30 Doctor
    General of The Red Brotherhood | Our videos

If a man of learning does not understand brotherhood
    has not the learning been a waste?

6 weeks since the last doc was posted. I know you said you were waiting until after the Version 2 documents for everything else were put out before you put out the Agent doc, and I'm fine with this. But shouldn't we have gotten at the very least one version 2 doc in the last 6 weeks?

The fact that I've lost all expectations for FwM is the hardest part.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast