Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 13th, 2011 - Friday the 13th?

Funcom employee Friday with Means - May 13th, 2011 - Friday the 13th?

Some weeks there will be more to say than others. While the No-Shade item changes and advertising system look good and might possibly hit the live servers next week there has not been anything "spectacular" or particularly noteworthy this week here in Montreal.

The engine work is going well as the version now being taken from Conan is now STABLE and no further major changes are going to be made in this area (I'm sure there will be small tweaks and additions...but we will get those too). So it has been great for the team to go through the process of "merging" up to the latest Cheetah version for probably the last while in a long time. Once this is done we can get some more help from the main rendering team to sort out some old persistent issues with shadows, water and grass...all not particularly important to game-play but certainly important to someone who wants to make a video...

Next week another intern will be joining the team, "Cube" on these forums. I'm sure most of you have seen his AO videos before..but here they are again for those who somehow missed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYvIQ0ri5Kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmSB6f3_lo0

It will be great to get him here. I can't wait to see what he puts together for the preview of the new engine.

Work is progressing well on a big pile of new items and encounters for the birthday. The artists are outdoing themselves this year. I'm also hoping for the next big addition of daily missions and Pandemonium to make it out for the Birthday.

Many things on the go as usual.

Everyone have a great weekend...we finally have proper spring here in Montreal. I might even go OUTSIDE.

Kintaii Edit!: And remember, our 10th Anniversary Gathering here in Montreal is coming up soon! If you haven't sent in your RSVP to attend yet, make sure to visit our big informational thread here on the forums for more details! =)

Kintaii Edit the 2nd!: After a rather... interesting... morning meeting today, we've decided to run The Anarchy Online QQ Qontest! Give us your best QQ and win fabulous* prizes!! NOTE: READ THE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE DELVING INTO THIS THREAD!

*not really fabulous but still kinda cool
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first

edit: Like wow I got the first post. From work no less. Should have played the lottery this week.
    Last edited by Lheann; May 13th, 2011 at 15:01:39.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

last as usual
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

3rd
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

220/70/30 The "Stupidjesse" Fatman
    220/70/30 "Lamp"...The Shade...get it?
    150/42/20 "Luwa" soli ma
    200/20/15 Agent Pew "Yasuda" Pew

:: Proud Member of Spartans ::

lastest
    i R not spik engrish

^ Inbetween v
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Not much to report here either. Still paying, not really playing, still misses all of my former peeps.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

It's still early...

Person with my avatar, sans hat, was first. I think I should get some credit for that.

Oh and speaking of Birthdays - GSP is Turning 9!! This weekend will be a 48 hour birthday marathon starting at 3:00 PM GMT on rk1! w00t!!!
    Last edited by vallikat; May 13th, 2011 at 15:12:43.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

So concluding remarks, we can expect the engine before Duke Nukem Forever launch date?

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post

many things on the go as usual.
    2005™

page1 !
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Boring...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Boring...
    is that what they call hanging out in Bor these days?

and, GL to cube. looking forward to his video(s).

*edit* I predict post below mine will be /thread win
    Last edited by Worldofalts; May 13th, 2011 at 15:28:04.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

I'm just hoping for a mega-affro from the birthday stuff, I would not wear it but I know they would be everywhere.

Dewd! Don't go outside, it might be very dangerous!

meh , means made a post, and I replied...
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Congratulations, Cube!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enakur View Post
    So concluding remarks, we can expect the engine before Duke Nukem Forever launch date?
    In other words, in less than a month? LOL no way.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast