Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC that sells lowish 201+ refined Jobe clusters

Thumbs up NPC that sells lowish 201+ refined Jobe clusters

Not to nerf exclusivity of the 'fun' in getting really high QL refined Jobe clusters.
    It makes sense to have an NPC for those at ql201-215. Otherwise it's next to impossible to get dozens of them in a single lifetime for an endish TL5-6 character.

That's part of the challenge man. You're a froob. Don't eliminate an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    That's part of the challenge man. You're a froob. Don't eliminate an opportunity.
    it's a challenge when it's a possible thing to achieve. you don't know exactly how many of them I'd need and for how many characters.

edit: just to set it straight, I'm not just froob. I do have a full account, albeit frozen at the moment.
    Last edited by Techwiza; Oct 11th, 2012 at 16:44:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Techwiza View Post
    Not to nerf exclusivity of the 'fun' in getting really high QL refined Jobe clusters.
    It makes sense to have an NPC for those at ql201-215. Otherwise it's next to impossible to get dozens of them in a single lifetime for an endish TL5-6 character.
    Should just make all QLs of all Jobe Clusters buyable. There's no reason for them to be as rare as they are.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Wtb leadbots, boc, tara loot etc, etc shop buyable. No reason why not is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    haha
    saw your huge refined clusters wts list noobius, I am interested in a few Jobe ones. care to message me ingame? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    There's no reason for Supple Bots to be as hard to farm as they are either, and I wouldn't exactly call Tara Loot or BoC rare.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    There's no reason for Supple Bots to be as hard to farm as they are either, and I wouldn't exactly call Tara Loot or BoC rare.
    Hell with it, let's just make everything in the game easy for Sultryvoltron's carebear army as well as handing out credits like candy to everyone at all levels. Then I could 'finish' the game in minutes! Yay!

Seriously, go play a singleplayer game, you really miss the point of MMO's.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Hell with it, let's just make everything in the game easy for Sultryvoltron's carebear army as well as handing out credits like candy to everyone at all levels. Then I could 'finish' the game in minutes! Yay!

You agree then that players should be unable to powerlevel toons or transfer creds and items to alts?

make them all rollable. problem solved.

wow that aggressiveness..

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    You know what Lazy, your suggestion is actually better than mine because it will send us on a quest at least and not just get it from the bot NPC.
    I support that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    You agree then that players should be unable to powerlevel toons or transfer creds and items to alts?
    Powerlevelling - I disagree with it in it's current form, yes. I'd only point out that you'll never get rid of it, because powerlevelling is subjective. If they nerf everything in-game to give 2% of current levels XP, but give one mob 2.5%, that mob will be considered powerlevelling - it's a subjective phrase.

Credits and alts. No. Why is that making the game easier? I've still had to farm the item and put in the effort. Just because it's proportionated out to my toons/alts doesn't mean I'm at any more or less of an advantage.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

This is a great way to make a credit sink. Make 201-230 clusters shopbuyable, let them cost 100x more than their ql200 counterparts. so instead of 200k they'd cost 20mil a piece. Presto we have credit sink. Likewise ql 125+ implants. up to 250 should be buyable but each 250 should cost around 10milion credits and around 1.5mil for ql200. That'd be a great way for removing some credits for the game and still make it resonably profitable to farm these oldschool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    This is a great way to make a credit sink. Make 201-230 clusters shopbuyable, let them cost 100x more than their ql200 counterparts. so instead of 200k they'd cost 20mil a piece. Presto we have credit sink. Likewise ql 125+ implants. up to 250 should be buyable but each 250 should cost around 10milion credits and around 1.5mil for ql200. That'd be a great way for removing some credits for the game and still make it resonably profitable to farm these oldschool.
    Only ql 200ish shiny cluster costs ~200k creds. Bright is about 60k and Faded is less than 10k. So are you suggesting bright cluster would cost ~6m and faded would cost ~1m creds? Quite cheap for a ql 201-230 jobe clusters..
    But maybe it could be something like 20m for shiny, 12m for bright and 8m for faded? This way price would scale better with their benefits (shiny = bright + faded, faded is 40% of shiny and bright is 60% of shiny).
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Someone's mad.

Someone also doesn't have a reason why jobe clusters should be stupidly rare, even costing upwards of 1 bil, and even a consistent farming possibly NEVER seeing a high QL HD foot their entire career.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Another reason this game is dead and will stay dead. My agent needed a aad arm imp it cost 900m a support symb cost 20m. Stupid so stupid.

If FC would make Jobe clusters appear in chests (instead of only "boxes") and make chests contain loot appropriate to mission level (currently most chests contain QL200 clusters even if the mission is QL250 and/or has a fixer bonus) then finding Jobe clusters would still be difficult but would be bearable.

Alternately, they could also give Fixers a special implant stripping device (since anyone can use the current one from Fixer shop), instead of destroying the clusters and ending with a blank implant, it destroys the implant and gives the lowest QL clusters to make that implant. That way if you find a QL300 Adventuring/Energy AC/healdelta leg imp (or other similar, common, useless combinations) a Fixer can strip it to provide you with QL258 adventuring cluster, QL252 Energy AC cluster, QL246 Healdelta cluster.

I feel as if I have suggesting both of these solutions before, but since FC has not yet implemented them, I stand by my repetition!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Powerlevelling - I disagree with it in it's current form, yes. I'd only point out that you'll never get rid of it, because powerlevelling is subjective. If they nerf everything in-game to give 2% of current levels XP, but give one mob 2.5%, that mob will be considered powerlevelling - it's a subjective phrase.

Credits and alts. No. Why is that making the game easier? I've still had to farm the item and put in the effort. Just because it's proportionated out to my toons/alts doesn't mean I'm at any more or less of an advantage.
    No. Powerleveling is not killing mobs that give more xp. Powerleveling is leveling by leeching xp from badly designed gameplay without playing your toon. If you can make up a definition I can too.

Transfering creds and gear makes the game many times easier, try farm a set of basic armor with a level 20 toon without any help from a higher toon and with a fully equipped 220. Then come here and tell me you had to make the same effort and spend the same time with both toons.

Better gear should be more difficult and require more effort to get. That means doing challenging game content and getting a reward for your effort if you succeeed*. Camping a grey mob for months is not doing something challenging, it is mind numbing stupid gameplay. Since most people dont have the maniac drive to perform such annoying and repetitive tasks for a bit of Epeenal growth, the end result is a game with the amount of players that AO has.

*Getting a reward doesnt mean getting everything the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Totally agree with this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast