Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 6th, 2011 - Thank you and farewell to Metaing

this ''Birthday Vehilce work in progress.jpg'' err spelling ''VEHICLE'' post is a total fail. would may success to impress only back in 2000ish years and show how there is not enuf human resources behind all the promises and expectations.

Thank you Metaing for all you’ve done. Wishing you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "This is nothing...I worked on Anarchy Online".
    I do hope you made Metaing a T-shirt with the above quote.

Applicants must have time and space, mild megalomania and have a cape.
    pfft…I just have the cape.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

With the sad departure of Metaing...
    Nobody ever really leaves AO, we all know that. If this one happens to be the first one that sticks, however, thanks for all you have done for the AO community.

...AO through the next ten years.
    I hope so.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Nobody ever really leaves AO.
    They just go AFK for a while...

Thanks for all you've done Metaing, and good luck in your future conquests.
    Have fun, and see you WHEN you crave to get back
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Goodbye Metaing, thank you for all you've done for the game and best wishes on the resumption of your other career .

Makes you wonder though.. if Metaing hadn't left this week, providing an excuse for some awkward and sentimental sobbing over some guy changing jobs, what on earth would have been in this FWM?

Perhaps you should stop the FWM tradition unless there's actually something of relevance to be said? At some point it just becomes a rather empty gesture... Well-intented, but utterly defeating the purpose of establishing a meaningful dialogue with the community. What's next? Some dev's daughter talking about how difficult it is to be a teenager in this day and age and how Edward is like, totally hotter than Jacob?
    Last edited by crattey; May 6th, 2011 at 19:18:25.

All hail Metaing! And good luck, too!
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Metaing!

Can I have your stuff?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Goodbye Metaing, you will be missed.

Now can my birthday vehicle come with Kato as the driver, we see some mobs, we step out kick some serious arse and the he goes back to the car.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Farewell (?) Metaing, wish ya the best for the future man, take care. (:
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Should we be concerned that Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled to be released in about 34 days, while AO is losing a Dev with no FwM update on the status of the engine upgrade?

Bring on the beta!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Farewell, Metaing, thank you for your hard work and dedication.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Any difficulties or adversity he faces he can now smile calmly to himself and think "This is nothing...I worked on Anarchy Online".
    Dude, what a resume u can build around that simple sentence. Good luck, and thank you.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Thank you Metaing, and good luck!

Held og lykke i fremtiden, Michael
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Takk for alt, Michael
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

Muchas Gracias Mister Metaing!

All hail METAING!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Your hard work has always been noticeable, from the days of the eminent MP and Professional to becoming an excellent DEV, it's been a fantastic pleasure and it is simply awe-inspiring to hear of the amount of work you put into our little world.

Best of luck wherever you go - you've earned it!
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Thank you for all of your work on Rubi-ka, good luck!
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast