Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Friday with Means - May 6th, 2011 - Thank you and farewell to Metaing

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood something obvious but didn't RK3 get taken down already and Krisdoc is waiting for character to be transferred from RK3? Kind of hard to "continue to enjoy what you love to do" if that is the case.
    Nothing to misunderstand, until the fix she/he can make a new toon, and level his/her way back up to where their friends are, and while they are doing this they can continue to enjoy the game....
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    Nothing to misunderstand, until the fix she/he can make a new toon, and level his/her way back up to where their friends are, and while they are doing this they can continue to enjoy the game....
    there's no need to be so patronizing. unless of course you are being sarcastic here. otherwise, telling someone what they will enjoy and how they will enjoy it is a little absurd.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Fact of the matter is, people from RK3 had plenty of advanced notice to get their characters off there, and while they did say it would still be possible to retrieve characters after the shut down, you shouldn't expect it to be so simple and instantaneous. As was already said, roll a new character and have some fun while you wait...and heck, 5 weeks? You could have been near 220 by now!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Good Luck Metaing.

On another note, what's the Tradeskill slider??? Or am I just missing something really obvious?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

When you tradeskill, you get a range of QLs the item may be tradeskilled to, based on the items involved, your appropriate skills, etc. The tradeskill slider allows you to adjust to the QL to what you specifically need, rather than having to play around with your exact level of tradeskills to create a specific QL.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    When you tradeskill, you get a range of QLs the item may be tradeskilled to, based on the items involved, your appropriate skills, etc. The tradeskill slider allows you to adjust to the QL to what you specifically need, rather than having to play around with your exact level of tradeskills to create a specific QL.
    Ok, now I'm gonna sound REALLY stupid, was this a recent addition? And if so, how do you access it?
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Ok, now I'm gonna sound REALLY stupid, was this a recent addition? And if so, how do you access it?
    It's pretty recent.

It's in the tradeskill window. I don't remember the button-combinations you have to press to open that one though. It's probably something like ctrl-T or ctrl+shift-T or something like that.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

See I've been a tradeskiller for SO long, I haven't used the tradeskill window for years lol.
    I'm gonna have to go look at it now, thanks guys
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Fact of the matter is, people from RK3 had plenty of advanced notice to get their characters off there, and while they did say it would still be possible to retrieve characters after the shut down, you shouldn't expect it to be so simple and instantaneous. As was already said, roll a new character and have some fun while you wait...and heck, 5 weeks? You could have been near 220 by now!
    although this is correct auto there might of been quite a few people like idk about krisdoc or whatever they might of not been around during this warning of such, and as for patrinizing im sorry if I came off headstrong but I do think it works that way... if a person doesnt love making a new character and reexperiencing the abilitys to twink and so on and so forth then what is there that they can do? yes pvp but theres pvp of all levels or so I am told daily
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    although this is correct auto there might of been quite a few people like idk about krisdoc or whatever they might of not been around during this warning of such
    While I understand this, it is also my understanding that FC sent emails to inactive accounts, even offering a free month of reactivation in order for people to be able to move their characters over before the shutdown.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

the warning was emailed out, I got one for my level 6 I had on RK3. And I dont think the account even had to be active to transfer, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It's pretty recent.

It's in the tradeskill window. I don't remember the button-combinations you have to press to open that one though. It's probably something like ctrl-T or ctrl+shift-T or something like that.
    BTW, I wonder when will this be made available for making implants, or am I failing to see the obvious as well?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    BTW, I wonder when will this be made available for making implants, or am I failing to see the obvious as well?
    :P It is
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Ahh the end of an era, no more arguing with Metaing about the deficiency of engies compared to MP's, no more random zix armies being spawned on my head for making fun of the pink pocket knife, no more bugging you to fix kamikaze pets for engies....

Oh well, i guess now i get to start over with someone new.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Now MPs are really doomed after loosing their own dev *evil laugh*
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Now MPs are really doomed after loosing their own dev *evil laugh*
    No worries. He still Metephysicaly spying ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    No worries. He still Metephysicaly spying ^^
    Kinda like Jeff Goldblum watches people poop?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345