Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Temporary Removal of Nano Delta

You know, the most simple fix is to make it use "Nano Pool" as deciding skill and not "Body Development". In the end, the difference will be rather small, ^15 maybe ^20 for CM/P users but at a 2s tick that matters in the end. Especially to those without ND imps/symbs, e.g. sols, most enfs, lots of agents. And ofc those who reset nano pool, but then, most of them, like engis, have a fair enough ND to roll with it.

It would also be a good idea to remove/reduce/change the amount of ND buffed by the city. I'd rather see it speed up the ticks than increase them.
    Last edited by sannz; May 6th, 2011 at 19:39:19.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    What you are suggesting would result in crats simply running out of nano in a long fight, and having ne means of getting it back. The proposed changes by the devs would result in crats running out of nano fast, but retaining the ability to regain a decent amount of time. Surely you can see how, in any lengthy encounter, the two are completely different.
    Overall this change would be more limited to tl7 and have a moderate effect as low as tl5 for some.

The speed at which one runs out of nano based on the docs would be incredibly fast, where as now it you should be able to cast for significantly longer as the costs are much lower and there are now cooldowns. Players could still regain nano through stimming, kits, or nano regain tools/perks. More time before you run out of nano gives you more stims and kit uses.

As long as no one spoils it I can let it go for a bit longer.

Not sure if u can't see the problem in what you are trying to convey here but the nano regain tools for crats are nanodelta and only nanodelta except the stims ofc, so doing this u must understand u would crats which have no other way to get reliable nanoregain in any other way.. NT's would have it different since their nanoregain is differently set up..
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 8th, 2011 at 07:56:07. Reason: removed obscenities
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Not sure if u can't see the problem in what you are trying to convey here but the nano regain tools for crats are nanodelta and only nanodelta except the stims ofc, so doing this u must understand u would **** crats which have no other way to get reliable nanoregain in any other way.. NT's would have it different since their nanoregain is differently set up..
    I believe it would extend to advy, docs, enforcers, fixers, soldiers, and possibly MA's as well (I think my MA could still keep up nano with SL stims).

imo nanodelta should at least cover debuffing mobs and some bot healing on crats case.
    they shouldn't be able to brainlessly spam nukes and even if teamed with NTs MPs etc.

stims & kits etc are for emergency use and shouldn't be required in normal pvm.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 8th, 2011 at 07:57:00. Reason: removed obscenities
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

But but but, i like to spam nukes >.<
    NO U

Imo this whole thing with 'running out of nano' is just AO trying to be more like whats considered cookie cutter MMO's.

Messing around with nano costs to the point where most professions are screaming for nano if there isn't keeper+trader+NT available for nano replenishment will only cause veteran players to quit, rather than drawing more people to the game.

Everyone seems to forget how gearbased AO really is.
    If endgame geared chars are gonna have issues with nano, then what about those trying to level up.
    Having high levels carry lower lvls to gain xp will go from being a convenience to a neccessity.

The problem isn't nano costs, or cooldowns. It's the huge difference between endgame gear and lower levels.
    That gap has to lessen, and it shouldn't be by nerfing endgame, it should be by buffing nano delta for lower lvls.

Simply making nano and heal delta always tick every 2 sec regardless of psy or sta seems like the most reasonable way to approach a rebalancing anyways.
    Whitelighter - 220/21 Doctor
    Bigblitz - 200/9 Fixer

General of Circle G

Well the thread has gone on long enough, to get to the actual point now. This thread was NOT intended as an actual suggestion to be attempted by FC devs. I doubt anyone could actually expect the devs or Means to allow such a thing to take place. The point of this thread, instead, was to hopefully arrouse remarks stating that this would indeed make it to where many professions would have difficulties using their toolsets.

Some players do not seem to realize that if certain professions do not have nano then the raid becomes impossible. I was hoping this thread could be a stating the obvious thread that for some reason needed to be stated. The current nano-docs require nano-regen professions for raids as much as they require the healers, tanks, and support. I am just glad no one believed I was too intelligent to make such a foolish request

On another note, I am glad Whitelighter made the point about gear differences. A major issue with the nanodocs is that heavy nano-costs are just thrown around with little concern of where a tool will be used and needed.

Doctors as an example should have a low cost DoT line, medium cost, and high cost rather than all three DoT lines being high cost. Enforcers should have a heavy cost AOE taunt, but tools like healing or absorbs should be low enough that the enforcer can actually use them to survive on their own. The currently proposed nanodocs will leave newer and leveling players unable to sustain casting and they will die.

My nano hungry trox crat doesn't have the IP to max NP and I am already using 250 stims constantly when chain nuking.

This idea would make my crat unplayable, and any FC tinkering in ND/nanocosts will also nerf me.

Might be dusting off my soldier soon :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    My nano hungry trox crat doesn't have the IP to max NP and I am already using 250 stims constantly when chain nuking.

This idea would make my crat unplayable, and any FC tinkering in ND/nanocosts will also nerf me.

Might be dusting off my soldier soon :P
    breedchange to nanomage.. -cost% might solve the problem
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    breedchange to nanomage.. -cost% might solve the problem
    Yes that's the solution, all nano profs must change to NM :P Boooring!
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Some players do not seem to realize that if certain professions do not have nano then
    a) they are using wrong nanos.
    b) they are spamming nanos when they should conserve nanos.
    c) they are geared badly
    d) their team members are geared badly
    e) they have wrong proffs in team
    f) they are not using item cooldowns properly.
    g they use wrong tactics for encounter or pull too many mobs.
    then the raid becomes impossible.
    player issue. Even after rebalance and upped nanocosts.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; May 11th, 2011 at 13:11:41.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    a) they are using wrong nanos.
    b) they are spamming nanos when they should conserve nanos.
    c) they are geared badly
    d) their team members are geared badly
    e) they have wrong proffs in team
    f) they are not using item cooldowns properly.
    g they use wrong tactics for encounter or pull too many mobs.

player issue. Even after rebalance and upped nanocosts.
    All of which do happen frequently, and all of which could be solved by inviting a nano-regen profession to your team.

/point

Some players do not seem to realize that if certain professions do not have nano then the raid becomes impossible.

Stay out of fight, sit down, use rechargers, Ch orders. Sounds familiar?

I suspect you never did a Merc raid before SL.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post

Hm, no...but then again that is not viable in SL/SL type playfields.

There would also be a problem if the nano recharger was only enough for one or two casts in which a regen profession gives a lot more over time.

I do remember this
    In the long run it was more annoying than fun though.

FC are walking a fine line by adjusting nano costs.
    I think endgame will be fine still, since people will bring their trader/keeper/NT alt for nano regen to benefit the raid, as an example, and they seem to balance the costs around high nano delta/regen and capped/near cap cost reduce.
    People not in endgame gear might face nano shortage though, chances are not every team in the raid will be covered with nano regen.
    People might have to put their CC set on wait for their alt in benefit of more nano casting oriented gear until they have other slots sorted to support the required nano useage, I don't think this will be appreciated by most people.

Nano is already a struggle for some profs before nano delta cap, the suggested changes will make it worse.
    Endgame challenge seems fine. Constant struggle while leveling seems like a bad idea.

Leveling is already a grind, and the grind should be the only annoying part about it if you ask me. Adding one more requirement to form a team seems like a bad idea (current would be tank+healer needed) with a nano regen prof being added to needed people. There will be even less people leveling the 'normal' way.

Atleast consider adjusting nano costs to suit the lower levels.
    I also still stand by my idea of making nano delta tick every 2 sec from character level 1.

Regarding endgame nanos, it probably still lacks alot of adjusting, but it does seem like they are also adding more nano regen to the game, like the extention of NT humidity extractor line.
    Whitelighter - 220/21 Doctor
    Bigblitz - 200/9 Fixer

General of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post

Atleast consider adjusting nano costs to suit the lower levels.
    I also still stand by my idea of making nano delta tick every 2 sec from character level 1.
    True. The tick rate should be the same, the amount should scale with a skill.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

True. The tick rate should be the same, the amount should scale with a skill.
    And stims should work as a modifier on that rate as well, I believe other MMO's do something similar and it seems to make "potions" better.

I was with a 220 enf in Arid today and even running Rouse Outfit constantly his nano pool was almost constantly hovering just above empty.

So if we are counting traders as a nano regen prof then well that's not really going to cut it!

I so hope FC don't screw this up

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    I was with a 220 enf in Arid today and even running Rouse Outfit constantly his nano pool was almost constantly hovering just above empty.
    see my previous post.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast