Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did your nick originate?

Beornin - Beorn from The Hobbit, was taken so I added a few letters

Obsessive - Was creating a trox engi in 2004 when that wasn't a great idea, and figured I'd have to be a bit obsessive compulsive to go for first 220 trox engi.

Names of all other alts - something I made up while watching char-creation screen.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Anarchy Online inspired my name... Ironic seeing how I'm currently unsubscribed and frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Repopulation View Post
    Anarchy Online inspired my name... Ironic seeing how I'm currently unsubscribed and frozen.
    Rejoin us and create an alt named "Unsubscribed"

Mostadio - Drunken typo of the name "Mustadio", the engineer in FFT.
    Katata - Random name I've used in online games since the mid 90s.
    Gateaux - Locked the name so a French guy couldn't have it. It's now my TOTW/Foremans plaything.
    Frenchtoast - Decided to continue with the French and food theme
    Steinbeck - I was stationed in Monterey and had just come back from the Steinbeck Museum.
    Kaesekki - Korean for "Son of a Bitch". Meant to be a trader twink but I just kept levelling.
    Bank - My bank alt.
    Waiting for a cure.

Bubbacrush (Enforcer) is a long story. Later I learned that it was also the name of a semi-professional wrestler. Has since been renamed to Gorillatron which was an homage to the band Gorillaz.

Warpixie (Martial Artist) I wanted a cute but fierce name.

Towerblock. (Engineer) A Tower block is a colloquialism for a high rise section that takes up a whole city block.

Sidereal. (Metaphysicist) Is a form of keeping time based upon heavenly orbits.

Groundzer0. (NT) The epicenter of a blast radius that is called 'ground zero'.

Scaramedic. (Doctor) A compound word made from 'Scare' and 'Medic' meant to sound like Paramedic.

Necrophim. (Agent) A Necrophim is a bastardization of the word Seraphim, and Necromancer. Put together it means 'Angel of Death'. Not that he's particularly scary or anything, just that it fits theme.

And a metric crapton of others, twinks, and other various projects prolly not worth getting into.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Mar 24th, 2014 at 22:47:42.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ameliaa/Ameliaamp/Dramelia/etc: My RL initials are MLE which sorta sounds like Emily and I turned into a portion of my original internet handle (ChitownEmily). People used to call me Emy then someone started calling me Amy then Ame and I transformed it to Amelia.. which is what I used online from like the late 90's on.

Omegalife: Full name was Alpha "Omegalife" Death. As in Alpha/Omega Life/Death. Seemed like a cool name for a doctor at the time and I was kinda hiding out Clanside from the people that knew me as Amelia

Traderjill: Just a spin on my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's.

Negativnancy/Debbiedowner/Positvpatty: Someone I know used to call me Negative Nancy so I named my 220 crat as such. Then when I created additional crats I decided to go with the theme and that's how the other 2 names came about.

Norastanton: My engineer. The RL Nora Stanton was the first female member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and played an active role in the women's suffrage movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    And a metric crapton of others, twinks, and other various projects prolly not worth getting into.
    What he said.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 13th, 2014 at 18:29:22.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    My RL initials are MLE
    Oh you're a descendant of Einstein?

My aunts name is Lia so I tried it, but I needed more than 3 letters. Leah was taken so I ended up with Letah.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 15th, 2014 at 14:19:17.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Oh you're a descendant of Einstein?
    Apparently not because I have no idea why you'd say that.. the E?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Apparently not because I have no idea why you'd say that.. the E?
    Trying to guess your name. I'm coming up with Megatron Lafawnduh Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Trying to guess your name. I'm coming up with Megatron Lafawnduh Einstein.
    Mary Louise Elmgarden

Liked the look of the ship and the name.

Then I learnt about Nordic history.

Then people just shortened it to Raggy.

Had this name for nearly 11 years now.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 16th, 2014 at 02:01:52.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Scrambled up my real name...
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

I have always had an interest in old fashioned fairy tales. When I was looking for an internet handle I thought about Rosamund, Goldmund, Goldilocks. None of them seemed to fit. They were too obvious. My husband looked at my dark, reddish blond hair and said, “How about Bronze?” It stuck.

Bronzeflair – (main) 220 trader: flair evolved from fair because traders engage in commerce, ie: fair trade. Flair worked because I had to play her with panache and pizazz to overcome a trader’s shortcomings.

I have an interest in Gaelic mythology, mainly due to being part Irish.

Nuadha - first king of the Tuatha de Danann (a tribe of pre-Christian Irish Gaelic deities). The more common form of Nuada was already taken.
    All of the other toons on that account are named after or based on the Gaelic deities of the Tuatha de Danann.
    Goibhniu (engineer) was the smith,
    Creidhne (trader) was the goldsmith,
    Diancechtmed (doctor, Diancecht was already taken) named after DianCecht (the healer),
    Lughanrigh (agent, means Lugh the king) named after Lugh who was good at everything and was king after Nuadha,
    Grianainech (crat) means Shining Face (a nickname of Oghma, inventor of Gaelic alphabet and a champion of the group who gave speeches before battle),
    Morrighann (advy, Morrighan was taken) meaning high queen in Gaelic who was a shape-shifting warrior goddess,
    Deaghdia (enfo) the "good god" another high king who was immensely powerful and used a huge club in battle.

I have another paid account whose names are all based on Latin (originally, I was going to make them omni) and a froob account with names of American Indian tribes (I am part Cherokee).

Zustol - was pretty random. I wanted his nick to start in Zu, so I just played around with letters.
    Vitellus - based on the Roman emperor Vitellius. The nick was already taken though, so I just removed the 'i'. Coincidentally, "vitellus" means "yolk of the egg"; an egg can be a metaphor for "bald head" which Vitellus has. Another coincidence, he is a bald detective like Theo Kojak, whose actor is Telly Savalas. If Vitellus had a nickname, it would probably be Tell(y).
    Lucio "Zustol" Houston (Lv.123, Engineer), OT-RP
    DC Glenn "Vitellus" Vai (Lv. 62, MP), Department of Investigations
    ----------------
    [Policebot] Policebot: I am lonely.

My name came from a good friend who lives in Germany.
    Guardian Valter
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

I had just returned home from a trip to the zoo...
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Aggro:
    Started to use it just after AO's release. Have used it ever since, because I found it catchy and cool 13 years ago.
    I am Aggro both ingame and in forums in a lot of MMO's. Been petinioned thousands of times because of this name, especially on RP servers in other MMO's. Never been forced to change it though, cause it is probably treated nothing more than just a random name of letters which by coincidence is used as a term in MMO's.

I like to believe I am the "original" Aggro due to this.
    Today the name is probably the most used name in MMO's, but I have been Aggro since AO came out, so it has a special meaning to me no matter what others could think about me being Aggro

-Aggro
    Aggro™
    Proudly since 2001 when Anarchy Online was released.

Humlebien danish for "The Bumblebee"

Why? I dont really know, it was rolled way before the transformers movies, and I wasnt much of a fan of comics, and Im not even sure if the car was called Humlebien in the danish version.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast