Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

Great. And now, how about them buff totems/dispensers and complete removal of garden keys?

P.S.
    I kinda liked how the map navigation worked as nice (un)balancing tool in lower level notum wars.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Sometimes, Dreams becomes reality. In my last "Dreams of Anarchy" article I suggested the changes and removal of some skills and I'm extremely happy that maybe some of it was considered.

This encourages me to continue writing about AO and keep working on positive and creative projects created by myself or other AO fans.

I also appreciate the mention about the Community Supported Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Chat Server.

I'm looking forward to the goodies they are working on for June.
    Do you think that the devs read your article and decided to do away with Map Nav?

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Do you think that the devs read your article and decided to do away with Map Nav?
    You may not believe it, but some of the devs read stuff from AO fansites, not just AO Universe, they also read other AO/gaming sites. Not all the time of course, and sometimes it only takes one of them to read and comment it to the rest of the team. The dev team have a very open relationship with each other, they are quite a tight group of co workers who have also become friends.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    agreed. certain skills have always been a pita, a pita that is there for likely creativity reasons, as opposed to practicality reasons.

on a similar topic, having 1hand and 2hand skills for both edge and blunt has always seemed a little strange to me. every new player I've shown AO to has always commented on it. most weapon skills have a multi-melee/ranged requirement if you want to duel wield (if they are duel-wieldable), but edged and blunt weapons go a step further for some reason by involving IP distribution in an area other than multi-melee skill. this makes no sense, never has.
    Pistol is the only true 1 handed ranged skill, but it's true that ranged and melee treat their weapons differently. This push advs as dual wielders however and not have them use the same swords as keepers so it's okay.

I don't mind this, I'm against the removal of any skill that is currently used. We're not dubbing down the game but cutting down skills we avoid to IP at all cost.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    After reading this thread I cancelled my subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Last time i said something like this, i received infractions...
    It makes sense, if at the smallest level it is off topic. It really isn't giving feedback, at worst it's an "I quit", which they get fed up with.

I know Masta is joking...it's just nice to get the TRUE thoughts of Masta :P

Small improvements here and there never hurt.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

The true thoughts is that it's silly to cry about changes and quit. Taking it easy is better.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The true thoughts is that it's silly to cry about changes and quit. Taking it easy is better.
    It is better to realize that everyone who complains of certain changes isn't "crying"....doing so serves to help the game improve by allowing others to provide proper criticism to actually help the game, rather than be appeased by everything FC fails on (for instance, the massive failures insinuated within the OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    It is better to realize that everyone who complains of certain changes isn't "crying"....doing so serves to help the game improve by allowing others to provide proper criticism to actually help the game, rather than be appeased by everything FC fails on (for instance, the massive failures insinuated within the OP).
    Couldn't say it better. But anyone that disagrees in this forum is a whiner or a troll and the truth is that there is hardly any real communication between players and developers making the numbers dwindle on a daily basis. I think most people would like more to be playing that whining here, including me so if they are here it means a) they have a game issue or bug or b) they are worried because of "insert theme here" c) they are MPs and have no team to do anything so they wander throw the forum.

Fact is: Flatterers are killing the game and drowning suggestions with piles of text.

Fact 2 is: People that whines in the forum usually LOVES the game and wants it to be better, many do give good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by sabandija View Post
    Fact is: Flatterers are killing the game and drowning suggestions with piles of text.

Fact 2 is: People that whines in the forum usually LOVES the game and wants it to be better, many do give good suggestions.
    Well said.

I dont know if anybody had this idea before but i have to say it

Making new pande dmg war pf: cool. But, as always not all profs are top in dmg, even ppl think "they are less dmg" while they can do nice. So my idea is to force ppl to invite only 1 / each prof into their team. AO has 14 profs, so 1 from each into teams shouldnt be hard and it would realy help make it more fun imo: this would force us to try new team combos, it would give a chance mainly everybody to get team invite.

Else, if teaming is free, ppl will invite 2-3 sols/shades or any other top dds and skip rest.

Making the pf checking profs in team everytime when somebody join the team and debuff whole team with -1,5k AAO if 2 same prof in team would be cool i think. Ofc it must check true prof, so agents can mimic as they want.

Just my idea, but this would make new pf much more colourful

Quote Originally Posted by sabandija View Post
    Couldn't say it better.

You said it better, LOL!

Anyway, as someone who cares about this game or a moderator you look at a post and have to find if fact #1 or fact #2 is more relevant in my opinion.

Is this person drowing the forum/game, or are making good suggestions and want better.

I have to admit, there is a LOT of positive to take from this FWM. A lot of which wasn't mentioned...if you they take a HARD look at skills maybe we might see new grenade weapons, reasons to IP Ranged Energy > Pistol, to take B&E, to IP swimming (or merge it with run speed).

Just little things that add up.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Is ranged Energy realy needed?

I mean, there is quite a mix up between pistol, assault-rifle and rifle weapons, some of them are probably energy based, so why separate skill for ranged energy, as only difference is form factor? I do prefer variety though...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters.
    I've been expecting this one for a while. Good riddance, really.

It doesn't matter if they get rid of some skills that hardly anybody uses, or merge them with other skills (vehicles? map navigation...) It won't probably oversimplify the game. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Is ranged Energy realy needed?

I mean, there is quite a mix up between pistol, assault-rifle and rifle weapons, some of them are probably energy based, so why separate skill for ranged energy, as only difference is form factor? I do prefer variety though...
    Once it was needed to use laser and plasma weapons added to the specific design (SMG, Pistol, Assaultrifle.... )
    But over time it lost the need this skill once had to be trained for using a weapon which does energy dmg.

Now this skill ist totaly useless same to melee energy, heavy weapons, parry and reposte!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    Once it was needed to use laser and plasma weapons added to the specific design (SMG, Pistol, Assaultrifle.... )
    But over time it lost the need this skill once had to be trained for using a weapon which does energy dmg.

Now this skill ist totaly useless same to melee energy, heavy weapons, parry and reposte!!
    Melee energy could go too, not sure if they are redoing parry and riposte...

Heavy Weapons could be expanded in line of LE: Make it more effective againts towers and such, mainly superior PvP skill, also add some effectiveness for mechs and turrets. Basicly trade-off for pvp IP a lot, get a lot of dmg against mechs/turrets/towers...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

to be honest if new vehicles are coming I dont want more air vehicles, I want land and water, those two have been forgotten for so long.... last thing I believe is from Phasefront, but the Original Land and water's probably could do with some make over, or a better version of them each made for this 10th
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    You may not believe it, but some of the devs read stuff from AO fansites, not just AO Universe, they also read other AO/gaming sites. Not all the time of course, and sometimes it only takes one of them to read and comment it to the rest of the team. The dev team have a very open relationship with each other, they are quite a tight group of co workers who have also become friends.
    Then write an article about the urgently needed improved drop rate on supple bots and an across the board price reduction for the item store.

Then write an article about the urgently needed improved drop rate on supple bots and an across the board price reduction for the item store.
    This!

Then write an article about the urgently needed improved drop rate on all types of Lead Viralbots and an across the board price reduction for the item store.
    /fixed
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast