Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters. That's really just the tip of the iceberg, with some other large surprises in store later.
    Sometimes, Dreams becomes reality. In my last "Dreams of Anarchy" article I suggested the changes and removal of some skills and I'm extremely happy that maybe some of it was considered.

This encourages me to continue writing about AO and keep working on positive and creative projects created by myself or other AO fans.

I also appreciate the mention about the Community Supported Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Chat Server.

I'm looking forward to the goodies they are working on for June.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrlaltwin View Post
    I'd like to see it taken one step higher Kintaii (and the rest of the AO crew). Let's see some of you a TS server, or pop on to chat to the community during the 10th Anniversary. THAT would be something special, and a true reason to log on a TS server. Otherwise...it's just another TS server. Yes, no?
    Well that is a good suggestion, maybe Kintaii will read your post and consider getting some of the Devs on for the 10th Anniversary for a 1-2hr "Dev Chat". Since we can create a temporary channel and silence everyone but Devs and Mods we could then create a list of questions/comments/suggestions in the order it is received.

It would be like the old AO Stractics (an old AO fansite which used to be popular over 5yrs ago, now dead) IRC Dev Chats.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    this--^

I've been complaining about the game economy for YEARS.
    (then on an ironic side, I get hit with economic issues IRL.)
    Karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Kintaii must be confused.. first he's like "Friday April 28th" when Friday is at 29 isn't it, what with it being Saturday the 30th now?

Then he's like teaser art for the birthday items "next month", not next week? :<

Also nerfity, no Agent docs. You're making us wait. ;(
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

This begins to look like a three wheeled car wreck on its way to the scrapyard...

Here's a teaser: map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters.
    And what about the rest of the upgrades? How will they be obtained? Rubbish minimaps is a major beef I have with other MMOs and I'd hate to see AO's become more limited.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

I just absolutely loves how stuff players make actually gets implemented (the guy with maps / the dude with the rings, etc) in the game, and now chat server :=)

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    I just absolutely loves how stuff players make actually gets implemented (the guy with maps / the dude with the rings, etc) in the game, and now chat server :=)
    TS-chat server is as implemented ingame as Auno or Gridstream.
    not implemented at all but hosted by players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Kintaii must be confused..
    its either major jetlag or canada has forgot to adjust clocks few times for daylight saving time..
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 30th, 2011 at 10:56:35.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Do they use different calender in Canada? I thought it's same week-day all over the globe(on same numbered day), but no...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Didnt doubt for a second that you guys would find something to complain about, but wrong date in title? stfu already.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Map navigation was annoying, you had to implant it in order to get these (rubbish) minimap in and have other players/monsters on it. Yet any IP spent on it is wasted.

Other useless skills like swimming or tutoring had the merit of not being useful by themselves, but map nav is just an annoyance you have to deal with at some point.

Another skill like this : adventuring, or should I say SL protection gear using this skill.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

After reading this thread I cancelled my subscription.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    After reading this thread I cancelled my subscription.
    Last time i said something like this, i received infractions...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

also, the people whose aniversary ideas are being implemented should totally get something
    This is my signature. Gaze upon its awesomeness and weep because yours can never be this awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    also, the people whose aniversary ideas are being implemented should totally get something
    "My idea got in game and only thing I got was this stupid item" ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    yeah something like that would be neat
    This is my signature. Gaze upon its awesomeness and weep because yours can never be this awesome.

I remember this party at "The Grind" like 2 years ago or whenever, where the ARK's hosted some kind of competition. They asked people to send in suggestions for a spot in AO where it would be a good idea to place a ghost-house and the winner suggested that area in Scheol where that big moving red thing is hanging above, in "Halls of Scheol".

I think this ghost house thing was supposed to be implemented or maybe I'm just remembering that part of it wrong.

Anyone else remember that?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    "My idea got in Game and woot! My idea's benefiting people in game! I don't need an item to commemorate that!"

Though not saying one wouldn't be nice ^^
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

For any skills we may remove or merge (and before anyone panics there's only a couple more we're looking at, and those are also mostly 'cosmetic' type skills), the 'removed' skills will still have their IP spent in them. If you have any IP in these skills after the rebalancing goes live, you will have a new option in your GUI called "Removed Skills". You will then be able to IPR those skills if you desire. Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)

*whistles innocently*
    I do not know how often we had the chance to reset ourer skills the last 2 years...
    Please make it possible to reset skills without the need of being totaly dequiped.

It is not very nice if you need to re equip a few 220 toons after full IPR bevor you can realy start to enjoy the rebalance. (perk reset to abilitys + equip time + perk reset to standard)

This it not because we want to do it, it is more because we need to do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Map navigation was annoying, you had to implant it in order to get these (rubbish) minimap in and have other players/monsters on it. Yet any IP spent on it is wasted.

Other useless skills like swimming or tutoring had the merit of not being useful by themselves, but map nav is just an annoyance you have to deal with at some point.

Another skill like this : adventuring, or should I say SL protection gear using this skill.
    agreed. certain skills have always been a pita, a pita that is there for likely creativity reasons, as opposed to practicality reasons.

on a similar topic, having 1hand and 2hand skills for both edge and blunt has always seemed a little strange to me. every new player I've shown AO to has always commented on it. most weapon skills have a multi-melee/ranged requirement if you want to duel wield (if they are duel-wieldable), but edged and blunt weapons go a step further for some reason by involving IP distribution in an area other than multi-melee skill. this makes no sense, never has.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Apr 30th, 2011 at 18:30:27.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast