Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

Does anyone at Funcom have any official word on plans to improve the excessive inflation of the recent fiasco that happened to an already skewed economy?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Mr, you should check your sarcasm-o-meter
    /facepalm
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Duke Nukem is coming soon. (no tm here)
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Does anyone at Funcom have any official word on plans to improve the excessive inflation of the recent fiasco that happened to an already skewed economy?
    this--^

I've been complaining about the game economy for YEARS.
    (then on an ironic side, I get hit with economic issues IRL.)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    So breed changes are still coming, then?

...when?

Not sure if I like the idea of removing map navigation. For some it is wasted IP, to me, however when I placed points into that skill and was able to upload a new map I felt I had achieved something. I heard of people 'perking' the map navigation skill. I never did that on my NT and I had uploaded every map possible. I Still had IP for some trade skills at 200. Never made it to 220 as I didn't like SL when it was released.

The Swimming skill is a waste. I mean really how often do we swim. Just one zone in SL. I agree that swimming and run speed be combined.

u dont have to speak on teamspeak, u can come in and listen only aswell.

yay maps! that will help new players alot.

and for the swimming hint, i would really like to see that, if its possible to put it to good use.

As long as you are clearing out 'cosmetic' skills, how about Trap Disarming? Most mines in missions stopped working years ago, anyway. Link it to Breaking and Entering and be done with it.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

For any skills we may remove or merge (and before anyone panics there's only a couple more we're looking at, and those are also mostly 'cosmetic' type skills), the 'removed' skills will still have their IP spent in them. If you have any IP in these skills after the rebalancing goes live, you will have a new option in your GUI called "Removed Skills". You will then be able to IPR those skills if you desire. Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    eh... sec...
    does this mean i have to strip of everything (even alphabrain on trox-enfo, or more evil stuff to get on at the first run) just 2 reset lost ip's from a lost skill?

ah c'mon gotcha... u with your nasty kind of humor
    please say it was a joke :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Wtb, 1 time only in a toons life, at 220 only, u can do a fipr without removing symbs.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    u dont have to speak on teamspeak, u can come in and listen only aswell.
    this is totally true. not having a microphone is a common problem for some players, but there is text chat in teamspeak as well, and for newer players especially there is a lot of information that can be gleaned off of vets. it would be a wasted opportunity not to drop in.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    To be fair, I haven't really done anything for the TS3 server yet.
    Teknologist and Tshaar deserve some extra hugs
    Got to agree here, all I did was brainstorming some idea!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

I thought today was the 29th.

Here's a teaser: map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters.
    Shade love. Sure it helps everyone but shades can't (at least currently) use implants which also doesn't show up on their spirits.

Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    oooooo... is that happening soon as well?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm expecting my ten's of thousands of credits back in reimbursement for purchasing maps all these years.
    With interest please

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Recent? AO is plauged with eras of excessive inflation...its part of the wonder of a player driven economy that lives to horde insane amounts of creds at the expensive of the non-obsessively hardcore players. Its a much a part of AO as the plight of the MP's and other unwanted professions.

Or in other words, its a Tuesday.
    Last edited by DaviasI; Apr 30th, 2011 at 00:33:04.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Work on the new Pandemonium raid encounter is coming along swimmingly...
    So now we have to IP swimming for pande content, great job FC this is why nothing works right! At least, that is how I am interpreting this statement so that I may harass devs about it.

Yay, for more players getting to enjoy playing with proper maps.

I just hope more players gets oldschool stuffz (especially from the outdated content where some is not played anymore, like rk-missions) faster/easier so we get more players that can customize their charracters and have a more sophisticated repetoir to play with, without having to be a uber-hardcore player.

I friend of me, new to ao, is trying to update nanos...is tl4 agent. Yeah, mhm...

To build a toon that is fun to play in AO, and do advanced, individual setups demands too much from regular gamers 2day due to the insane grinding imo. Nevertheless, it's really fun to play those charracters. I see the map-update as a means for decreasing gaps between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Make sure you remove stupid stuff like running along walls in the new pande or secret cubby holes where you get no aggro. Stuff like that which allows you to circumvent 90% of the content is silly.
    This could actually be content. Jump around, win time, loose aggro, dodge opponents in real time. GA-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    and for the swimming hint, i would really like to see that, if its possible to put it to good use.
    Yeah, also hope the animations/movements are improved at a point. I always thought the "swimming" underwater (and overwater) was a bit sparingly made...and why doesn't the swim-wear in AO have any effect on the swim-mechanic? Some quite neat wear I think ;>
    Last edited by Lletah; Apr 30th, 2011 at 04:12:02.

Well I always find it amazing how there something added to the process of engine or rebalance that drags it out further. For the record the new engine has now taken longer than was spent getting AO launched.

Frankly I am tired of hearing about more crap being slopped onto the rebalance and engine updates. Feature creep is killing it. I bet money that the coders end up updating to yet another version of visual studio before we see it on test server.

Hate to be negative but this version 2 nano doc news just kills it considering how long version 1 took.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Anyone else see the title for this thread & wonder when Jar Jar Binks started posting on the forums?

Woosah maxi big da Force! Mesa gonna show everyone how bombad rebalance really is! Yousa might'n be sayin dat engine update isa hard jobbin' takin foreva! Wesa know it be out Soon™!
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Apr 30th, 2011 at 06:20:19.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast