Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

I hope you will remove the ai3 tech must be perked to swap ai armor also ^^
    Barronto 220/30 doc \ Juma 220/30 sol \ Armz 220/30 crat \ Ohohh 220/30 enf
    Ilmon 220/30 fix \ Npop 220/30 keep \ Notech1 220/30 agent \ Naugtynoty 220/30 nt
    Whotokick 220/30 ma \ Ashola 220/30 engy \ Jusey 220/30 mp \ Trashear 220/30 shade
    Vitz 220/30 adv \ Nkip 220/30 trader \ Jummy 220/24 sol
    And alot of other alt's

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Here's a teaser: map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters.
    I'm expecting my ten's of thousands of credits back in reimbursement for purchasing maps all these years.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 29th, 2011 at 18:16:13.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

In before the rest!
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm expecting my ten's of thousands of credits back in reimbursement for purchasing maps all these years.
    I laugh at thy. I am sure people were pretty raged when dailies came. Not only was XP easier, but so was tokens and Aliens.

No more token gun farming, no more 50K+++ alien kills

I would expect nothing but "thank you"'s for this one.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegetank View Post
    I laugh at thy. I am sure people were pretty raged when dailies came. Not only was XP easier, but so was tokens and Aliens.

No more token gun farming, no more 50K+++ alien kills

I would expect nothing but "thank you"'s for this one.
    Mr, you should check your sarcasm-o-meter
    i R not spik engrish

nice
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Just a small concern about the removal of Map navigation if it happens.... If ppl have IP into that skill, what happens to that IP when it is removed?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Hey, so you're nerfing advys by both making map navi dissappear AND getting rid of RK maps and some SL maps? Heresy!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Make sure you remove stupid stuff like running along walls in the new pande or secret cubby holes where you get no aggro. Stuff like that which allows you to circumvent 90% of the content is silly.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Mr, you should check your sarcasm-o-meter
    scanning for sarcasm.....negative.....running routine maintenance on sarcasm filters.....within normal working parameters.....accessing hardware logs.....massive corn clog in auxiliary heat distribution exhaust.....error.....error.....overheat in progress....stand by.....

seriously though, the new teamspeak server has been great so far. anyone who is even remotely interested should check it out.

and... can we get swimming and runspeed tied together as well? please
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Apr 29th, 2011 at 18:44:31.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Zomg. All the twink I had done for 700 Map Nav w/o ip spend will be a waste of time?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The cruelest thing u can do to a man is give him Hope.

Damn you!

(good OP, btw)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Just a small concern about the removal of Map navigation if it happens.... If ppl have IP into that skill, what happens to that IP when it is removed?
    For any skills we may remove or merge (and before anyone panics there's only a couple more we're looking at, and those are also mostly 'cosmetic' type skills), the 'removed' skills will still have their IP spent in them. If you have any IP in these skills after the rebalancing goes live, you will have a new option in your GUI called "Removed Skills". You will then be able to IPR those skills if you desire. Likewise, a full IPR or breed change will also reset these removed skills. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    and... can we get swimming and runspeed tied together as well? please
    *whistles innocently*
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Sounds awesome, well thought through then ^^
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

WTB option added to the account page ASAP to buy the t-shirts & some of the other real world phats that will be handed out to all that are lucky enough to physically attend the 10th Anniversary festivities so that we have time to buy, receive & wear in our corners of the world on that special day.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Talking Nice

Map Nav removed and maps uploaded already? Awesome decision and gives me a lot of hope you guys are actually looking at every aspect of the game to streamline and modernize some of the older content. A few personal pet peeves I hope you review...

1. Fix. Doors. It's time.

2. Run code in SL mobs: Remove plx!!

3. Replace 3rd camera rubberband/fix camera issues... why does my yalm view flip on its axis when Im in a dive? Ugh.

4. Did I mention doors in this game do... not... work...???

5. How about a review of some of the (very) questionable early SL design decisions, for example why does a spinetooth regular mob have as much hp as many bosses?

6. You recently informed us of plans to "smooth out" the SL quest experience. The quests are fine, its the damn running thats the killer. Why dont you just gief us an NPC teleporter (call it NPC in acronym form hehe) that teleports us back to the NPC who gave us the quest we just completed? Easy fix.

7. Increase drop rates on items necessary to pass a zone/do garden quest in in SL (not talking tier parts, etc). Sigs, quest items (Im think whatever the one piece of weary empath that never drops is here guys lol), etc. I still 8 years later remember "There is no camping in the Shadowlands" ... lol. Make it so!!!

8. How about SL mobs drop ... something ... (not talking inf dynas, etc). No creds, tradeskill stuff that wasnt put in or is never used, rp stuff with no active use or cool social look (imagine farming social Ancient Xan armor set! woohoo!!), NO CREDZ!!! Not even Ancient Xan credz!!! Phatz plz?

9. Can you guys please fix collector? I mean the idea is great and I finally (months after it was launched due to guild hate of the instance lol) got to do it. It has a few problems... 2nd boss rate of plant spawn is absolutely insane. A good team that knows what its doing helps but even with an uber team its "annoying", every single raid this is remarked upon. Now dealing with that would be ok if A. The chance of actually getting something useful made it worth it ... or B. I could warp an alt there to take my place to loot the ToTW Phatz that at 220 I dont need lol. Rethink plx.

Ok just my 2 credz there , thx guys
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Apr 29th, 2011 at 19:05:13.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Awesome, the map navig skill had a limited use for a few zones you couldn't get the map without work. Nice to get rid of it (and get some IP in the process). It's not nice however if you have to strip your toon to get the map navig IP back
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Make sure you remove stupid stuff like running along walls in the new pande or secret cubby holes where you get no aggro. Stuff like that which allows you to circumvent 90% of the content is silly.
    Two times in my AO career when I thought to myself, "wait a second, am I about to become an unwitting participant in AO version of candid camera if I do this". First time was when some nice engi gave me a million credits (lol, at the time, in 2005, that seemed like more than i would ever need). Second time was when someone showed me the Pande thing.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

page 2!

no more map nav? really?
    does this mean no more swimming either?
    Last edited by Xyphos; Apr 29th, 2011 at 19:22:32.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Why is rebalancing even an issue at this point? We need more players in game at this point. I like the idea of more stuff to kill in Pande, but not sure that is going to attract players back to the game.

So many people are holding off for the new graphics engine before they start playing again, dont think anyone is jumping up and down for this balancing.

I love this game as much as anyone. If it was my decision, which it is not, I would prioritize the engine much higher than anything else, game is dying fast here Funcom. We need someone to throw us a life preserver. Been treading water for way to long.

For years I have been talking this game up to my friends to get them to come try it out. I have to honestly say that I cannot recommend AO at this time.
    Beersoldier
    President, Private Playthings
    Omni, RK1

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast