Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

Funcom employee Friday with(out) Means - April 29th, 2011: Woosah

Aight folks, I ain't gonna lie - It's been a long, hectic, crazy, tiring month, and my rant juices are just about depleted so this is gonna be a short one. Or, well, short for me.

Work on the new Pandemonium raid encounter is coming along swimmingly, with the final design decisions in place and the worldbuilding beginning next week. The design document is being polished up today by myself, and I think that we've really got something interesting in this one. Looking forward to getting it out there. =)

Most of the week for Means was taken up in meetings with Genele and Macrosun, making some pretty major decisions regarding the code changes needed for the Rebalancing. Some of this stuff is pretty major, like "wait, really, we're doing that?" kinda major. Here's a teaser: map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters. That's really just the tip of the iceberg, with some other large surprises in store later.

The downside of this is that the Agent nanodoc is going to take longer than we initially told you guys. Agents will receive their document at the same time as the v2 nanodocuments for all professions are released. The reasons behind this are some of the larger changes still incoming to nanos in the rebalancing; making the Agent document complete with all of their FPable nanos can, at this point, only occur after the v2 'semi-final' nano documents are released. I know, I know, it sucks and I'm sorry, but again; wanting to do it *right* - We wanna try and make sure the finalized results are worth the wait. =)

The VS2010 conversion is still going strong. Seriously, if you guys see Macrosun or Parsed anywhere, give them a hug.

Artists are working on in-game birthday stuff now. I may try to convince Means to toss out a teaser image or two next month. I think there's really some fun stuff in there, from social pets to new vehicles to even some surprise celebrants; the 10th anniversary phatz are gonna be good ones. =)

Speaking of the 10th anniversary, I wanna remind everyone that our Montreal 10th Anniversary Gathering is still on point for June 24th-26th, and we hope to see you all there! Remember: If you're attending, don't forget to send us an email at ao-rsvp@anarchy-online.com - Really important to get a headcount of who's coming! =)

One last thing before I head out: Tshaar, Teknologist, Vhab, Iriche, Windguaerd, and a whole host of others have joined forces recently to bring the (unofficial) AO Teamspeak Server. They've been gracious enough to dedicate their time and bandwidth to running a general TS server for AO and have already had quite a few visitors - Popped on myself a while back and chatted with Teknologist for a few and will definitely be dropping by in the future. Highly recommend everyone drop in and check it out. =)

And that's about it from me. I'm tired - Gonna go work on the Pande doc some more (hooray for designer concept art \o/). Hope all of you have a great weekend - Take care!

Edit: German Translation is up - Cheers to Waldgeist and Tarib, as always. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

first

wow, i just sat down at my computer and logged in O.o

"Work on the new Pandemonium raid encounter is coming along swimmingly"
    Uh oh :O
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Apr 29th, 2011 at 17:46:02.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

So close!

Edit: PS, I think that revising the other nano docs before releasing the agent nano doc is a good idea.

However, I would like to know what's been accomplished in rebalancing in the 4 weeks since the last nano doc was released.
    Last edited by LyrLazarus; Apr 29th, 2011 at 18:13:23.

superdoupercoldbeerisdabest
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Here's a teaser: map navigation as a skill is disappearing, and all RK maps (as well as some of the upgrades) will be automatically applied to all characters. That's really just the tip of the iceberg, with some other large surprises in store later.
    FINALLY! Thank you. A useless skill and a much needed change to maps.

The downside of this is that the Agent nanodoc is going to take longer than we initially told you guys. Agents will receive their document at the same time as the v2 nanodocuments for all professions are released. The reasons behind this are some of the larger changes still incoming to nanos in the rebalancing; making the Agent document complete with all of their FPable nanos can, at this point, only occur after the v2 'semi-final' nano documents are released. I know, I know, it sucks and I'm sorry, but again; wanting to do it *right* - We wanna try and make sure the finalized results are worth the wait.
    Not surprised. I knew Agents were going to take a while, have issues with other mechanics of re-balance, etc etc. It really should be expected, but I am sure tears will still be shed due to the agent doc not being released.

I think there's some fun stuff in there, from social pets to new vehicles to even some surprise celebrants; the 10th anniversary phatz are gonna be good ones. =)
    It would be nice to see new air vehicles, and some new phatz that are different.

One last thing before I head out: Tshaar, Vhab, Iriche, Windguaerd, and a whole host of others have joined forces recently to bring the (unofficial) AO Teamspeak Server. They've been gracious enough to dedicate their time and bandwidth to running a general TS server for AO and have already had quite a few visitors - Popped on myself a while back and chatted with Teknologist for a few and will definitely be dropping by in the future. Highly recommend everyone drop in and check it out. =)
    I'd like to see it taken one step higher Kintaii (and the rest of the AO crew). Let's see some of you a TS server, or pop on to chat to the community during the 10th Anniversary. THAT would be something special, and a true reason to log on a TS server. Otherwise...it's just another TS server. Yes, no?
    Last edited by Siegetank; Apr 29th, 2011 at 17:58:28.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

First?

Damn!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

6th!
    Varsbot
    Variable004

NOpoooo
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

First page :3
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Work on the new Pandemonium raid encounter is coming along swimmingly
    Hmm, Swimming, that would make things... Different
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

First page!
    Well they messed with the wrong skull this time, Ha ha!!!
    ~ Murray the talking skull

Slacklin ~ 220 Fixer

To be fair, I haven't really done anything for the TS3 server yet.
    Teknologist and Tshaar deserve some extra hugs
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

bäm
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Swag
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Bah, went to get drugs at the wrong time.

Love the map nav change.

end of page
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

1st too
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

all hail Macrosun
    i R not spik engrish

First page? Gj on pande Kintaii, looking forward to it!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast