Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 22nd, 2011 - Thank you

Best to move the MP changes debate back to the feedback thread on it, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

quick question for dev's;

i think a lot of people are aware by now that AOC will be opening a hardcore pvp server very soon (well, two servers to be exact, one for EU and one for North America), where players will be able to loot each other, and the rules will differ from regular servers. in AOC's case, they are making balancing changes to accomodate this, so that they don't end up with a proverbial "Advy Online" scenario, but with AO, rebalance is coming soon(TM), along with new engine at some point, and that leaves a nice open door for AO to become more pvp oriented again, without ruining the game for players who like AO the way it is.

my question is, have you (the dev's) given any thought to doing the same for AO; ie - opening up a "fresh" server at some point in the future that uses hardcore pvp rules? if so, would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about it.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Best to move the MP changes debate back to the feedback thread on it, please.
    This happens to be the feedback thread for it. There is a change announced that benefit the same that are always welcomed to teams, the DDs. That is a direct nerf to classes like MPs that will also be heavily nerfed in damage in future balance. So I am discussing against the announced changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    This is not comparable like you think!

MP have two weapon skills 1HB or Bow, an attack pet, a mezzpet, a healpet and all actions run together...not to forget that mp can use nukes, perks and debuff!!!

So normaly MP´s were designed as a nano proffession which works with their extremly high nano skills and their handheld weapons are only a nice dmg addon to all the existing abilitys a MP has in combat.

MP´s are blessed by the last luve they got when balance get out of control.
    Oh, yes it is. MPs can get comparable weapon skills with bow and pistol, pistol is more IP friendly and has been the traditional MP weapon for years till LE where most MPs where forced against their will into bow and AS. You want your AS only for you, them we want the pistol back.

And...you got DOTs, that you can cast at different targets multiplying damage, that is comparable to pet. You can actually hit something with weapons and you have AS. And don't make me compare the nanos you can actually cast as a weapon profession with dark blue nanoskills.

We have been told we are getting nerfed in intentionally in debuffs so we need at least high consistent damage as a payback, and nanoskills are worthless when you loose your nano at the fourth nuke, maybe we need a GTH and nanodrains like traders to keep up with teams.

Funcom employee

Actually, this *isn't* the MP feedback thread - That thread is over here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=588469

Continual derails in this thread on the topic will result in posts getting removed, infractions being handed out, etc. etc. So I suggest listening to Anarrina on this one.

Edit: Wasn't kidding. Cut it out.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Apr 25th, 2011 at 00:06:27. Reason: .
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Is it not to late....I hope not.With no sure deadline and players dropping left and right.People giveing away cities....Me and most of my frinds have to duel logg 2 or 3 tonns each just to make a team...

DD-wars actually happened in themselfs, kinda. Gonna be fun to see when something is buildt specially for this, usually with AO...what they try to do is one thing, what the players do is sometimes the complete oposite

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Actually, this *isn't* the MP feedback thread - That thread is over here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=588469

Continual derails in this thread on the topic will result in posts getting removed, infractions being handed out, etc. etc. So I suggest listening to Anarrina on this one.

Any profession that is directly EFFECTED by a change makes it relevant, no?

I can imagine that keepers, MP's, agents, adventurers, doctors, enforcers, keepers are going to be the lower end of the totem in damage.

The difference being doctors/enforcers are needed for another role, and if Aimed Shot is useful agents get a huge increase...that leaves keepers, adventerer's and MP's. I believe that a pistol advy is going to be right up there with the rest, and 1HE adventurers/MPs will be on the lowest end with a limited roll. Maybe adventurers can be spare healers or play back up tanks with all the changes. Keeper, little more damage with melee energy and auras still weak.

So basically, why bring a MP or Keeper? This question won't change with the new competitive instance.

Edit: I ask that mod's answer the questions please, thanks.
    Last edited by Siegetank; Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:48:21.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegetank View Post
    I can imagine that keepers, MP's.....
    are you complete idiot slow?

apparently not slow, but i for example can think few reasons to bring those professions to succesful raid..
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:55:45. Reason: edited..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    are you complete idiot?
    I've read both documents, and neither of them have substantial damage. Keeper's are going to be a secondary tank like soldiers, and MP's will still be behind even with pets and active nuking.

Great reply though, I forgot how GREAT this community is.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Edit: I ask that mod's answer the questions please, thanks.
    What would forum moderators know about any of this? I'm a forum mod btw.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    are you complete idiot slow?

apparently not slow, but i for example can think few reasons to bring those professions to succesful raid..
    Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    What would forum moderators know about any of this? I'm a forum mod btw.
    They don't tell you ANYTHING, or offer an answer to a question?

Customer support is my only answer. If they don't tell anyone anything, or answer any of the communities answers...it would seem like that wouldn't be a fair feedback. I am asking for ANSWERS, and instead we ALL get "cut it out" or "moderate'd (tm)".

Edit: I am starting to wonder if I should call customer support or some other place and discuss with a REAL person about some of the issues that are brought up over and over, and not fixed. Red vs Blue Battlestation, flagging people who heal others, etc etc. Are these things getting HEARD and LOOKED at, or no?
    Last edited by Siegetank; Apr 25th, 2011 at 12:11:11.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

I kinda agree on the MP stuff. Not on the bitching and moaning about the balance doc part. More as in how some professions are just entirely useless and won't be taken into any competitive element unless they're hot chicks in an org of teenage boys. Not sure why Means and Ana feel this isn't something anybody can mention since to me it appears to be relevant to this discussion.

I know it musn't be nice to have new content shot down, but well, you should have seen this complaint coming.

Siegetank will be moderated and left w/o an answer in 3, 2, 1...

P.s.:This post will autovanishes when a Mod see it.

P.s.s.: Thinking a content where MP can be usefull is so damn hard?

P.s.s.s.: What MPs can do in the new content, devs?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

They don't tell you ANYTHING, or offer an answer to a question?

Customer support is my only answer. If they don't tell anyone anything, or answer any of the communities answers...it would seem like that wouldn't be a fair feedback. I am asking for ANSWERS, and instead we ALL get "cut it out" or "moderate'd (tm)".

Edit: I am starting to wonder if I should call customer support or some other place and discuss with a REAL person about some of the issues that are brought up over and over, and not fixed. Red vs Blue Battlestation, flagging people who heal others, etc etc. Are these things getting HEARD and LOOKED at, or no?
    Customer support has no relation to what goes on with gameplay changes. It's support, afterall, not development. And well, you should consider yourself lucky that there's even any communication going on about what's being changed. It's highly irregular to do so in the MMO business.

But yea, call customer support and ask them about these things. They won't be able to tell you anything, because that's not anything to do with customer support. That's for problems you have with the technical side or if you're unable to figure out how to do something. You won't be getting into contact with the development team through that, and if you do you won't get more information than you're getting from reading the forum posts of the developers.
    I think you need to update your understanding of what various terms mean, and what specific departments in businesses do.
    Last edited by -Mastablasta-; Apr 25th, 2011 at 12:51:23.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

Yeah people, cut it out. Most of you forget that (Tigress) MPs will still be able to nerf final boss nuke damage by up to 50%.

...not like it's required to do so, with all those soldiers with their reflects and crat debuffs, doc heals... :shrug:
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yeah people, cut it out. Most of you forget that (Tigress) MPs will still be able to nerf final boss nuke damage by up to 50%.

...not like it's required to do so, with all those soldiers with their reflects and crat debuffs, doc heals... :shrug:
    They dont know Bow MPs can od Soljas. But who wants a MP in team?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    Customer support has no relation to what goes on with gameplay changes. It's support, afterall, not development. And well, you should consider yourself lucky that there's even any communication going on about what's being changed. It's highly irregular to do so in the MMO business.

But yea, call customer support and ask them about these things. They won't be able to tell you anything, because that's not anything to do with customer support. That's for problems you have with the technical side or if you're unable to figure out how to do something. You won't be getting into contact with the development team through that, and if you do you won't get more information than you're getting from reading the forum posts of the developers.
    I think you need to update your understanding of what various terms mean, and what specific departments in businesses do.
    I know what they are, I am saying in GENERAL. I am saying it would be typical for a person in REAL LIFE to call customer support if they have an issue. If you have an issue in an MMO, what do you do? And before you say that developer's don't communicate what is being changed often...I call lies.

One of my favorite games is League of Legends, every patch they sit down and discuss what is being changed. They post it on the forum, and have INTERACTIVE communication with the community. This is starting to become a STAPLE of good/great MMO's. Not just a bunch of Developers whom talk with their community little.

In some regards FWM is AO's answer to community discussion/feedback, in other ways it's nothing different.

I am sorry I confused you with how I was relating RL customer support to MMO's player/developer relationship. I think you have a few things to learn Mastablasta, as well as the Developer team. MMO's these days are EXTREMELY active with their community.

Your money comes from people who pay for it, taking their feedback/multiple suggestions is a HUGE thing. I think because some changes have taken YEARS to change, some people have given up or think AO's staff shouldn't be accountable. I don't know why...but any other major company is, and they care for the community that earns them profits. My employer pays my checks, therefore I work hard and do whatever I am asked to do.

If you don't feel the same, then explain why, and tell me why you think Developers shouldn't tell players what is going on and what is changing. Just like a bunch of MMO's going F2P, games learn to adapt to better support their communities.

Edit: Not calling out the developers or saying you are doing a poor job. It is irrelevant and doesn't help, what I am saying is FWM should be a staple place for feedback and discussion between the community and Funcom.
    Last edited by Siegetank; Apr 25th, 2011 at 13:51:43.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

most gamers will not engage in pvp unless they are certain they won't get trompled on. I'm certain Dev's are no different in the forums in responding to anger-inducing speculation.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

People are complaining about MP damage potential and they haven't even seen the pets yet which if I recall correctly are pretty central to pet profession rebalancing.

Bbasically all the complaints about MP damage being lacking are pretty worthless till we see the improved pets.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    People are complaining about MP damage potential and they haven't even seen the pets yet which if I recall correctly are pretty central to pet profession rebalancing.

Bbasically all the complaints about MP damage being lacking are pretty worthless till we see the improved pets.
    Not entirely, since we'll likely see the panda content before the rebalance even hits test live.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast