Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 22nd, 2011 - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Martii View Post
    That was my first thought as well!

AO community is great in "exploiting" well thought ideas that way =(
    Make the towers 10 floors high, every team has to get through the first five for anyone to loot.
    That way sore losers can stop at fourth floor and ruin it for everyone!
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    DD and CC - sounds like a job for team of crats!
    yes.. we all know the future game content by now and can clearly tell every profession can solo it..

I wanna see end boss with 10k AR and hits for 20k.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 23rd, 2011 at 07:13:03.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    I think it would be goot to have three end bosses from differned kinds and hardnesses.
    So the best team would be able to force the big boss with the best loot or the best chance for a very rare nodrop item dropp and the second and third team lower bosses on their stage.
    This is actually a pretty good idea. OR ur gonna be stuck with another Collector pf.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Oh, I guess Tara has gained more participants again. Last time I heard anyone talking about it was them complaining that only 18 people total showed up. I guess I will try to join in again to see the current numbers.
    Actually we got less numbers now than before. Back when omnis showed up at Tara we sometimes had above 100 clanners show up.

Ahhh the good "old" days when we would run down stairs and get mass-disconnected because of too many people. I actually miss those days.

The only time on RK1 that there's only 18 people is if it's in the middle of the night, European time, and when there's pretty low activity even for those hours.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    yes.. we all know the future game content by now and can clearly tell every profession can solo it..

I wanna see end boss with 10k AR and hits for 20k.
    No, The endboss should use more advanced AI. Blindly following hatelists gets old quick.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Meh, bots will own this encounter anyway, and then there will be turn taking for each side, like with old pande.

Remove raid bots and then release this :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Potentially the best idea for AO yet, the competitive edge is what will bring people back. I hope this instance has Tara style loot (I.E one or two uber items everyone wants (like RBP was) that shares a loottable with a bunch of other cool but less essential stuff that drop randomly, with some lower tier loot as well that always drops.

Good luck in balancing the loot!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

.:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

I wonder how players will know the mini-boss is up if it is difficult to reach, and how three teams could be made to reach it at the same team if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    No
    no? so the new boss should hit like a baby and every gimp should be able to solo it..
    i dont find it any fun then and will prolly not reactivate..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    Iam not sure that iam and many more players are interested in an encounter whichs chance to reach the end boss and get something off it´s loot is only 3:1!!!

This is a real waste of time!

Think about that !! No chance to see end boss and its loot a lot of times is not a good promotion for a new encounter!

I think it would be goot to have three end bosses from differned kinds and hardnesses.
    So the best team would be able to force the big boss with the best loot or the best chance for a very rare nodrop item dropp and the second and third team lower bosses on their stage.

So noone will be pissed in the end if he or she is not able to face the end of a long time of killing mobs for nothing and many players will join this raid again and again.

Did you realize that playing a computer game it self is a waste of time?
    I play it for fun..
    Me too.

BUT there is a point where fun change to frustration and frustration to "F**k off damm instance" your not so important to waste my time to join a team to raid it.

And what is sure too!!

If there is one who think like that, others will do the same and the result of it is, that in the end it will be hard to get any team to raid it.

And because off this instance will be not instanced (only like old school pande) it will incease this effect hardly.

How about Collector? I have done it ... hmmm three time in total and i cannot say that there are many players arround with this social armor ... the problem is that this instance have no real gratification by finishing it! " You have a 6:1 chance on a real rare RK item dropchance 0,001 % and a social armor set" WOOOOOW what a fun to spent my time on this!!!

I could swear !! Switch the social armor to a normal armor like the Beast armor with some nice stads and this instance would be not so totaly useless.

And what is totaly useless too, is this auto roll funtion for collector and this WOW like loot a gold... silver .. chest.... You know what i want to say?

That is totaly trash.

I want to see what is inside the bosses remains and if there is an item i don`t need because i allready have it and it is unique then i will not roll on it!
    I had this case one time...item XY as reward from chest YX .. System: "You already have this unique item." What a FUUUUU.....
    Last edited by Carmo; Apr 23rd, 2011 at 21:50:34.

so... sounds like need 18 peoples for start action. Right?
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The start of the ascent will begin at the same time for all three locations...who will win access will come down to the group with the best team DD, Crowd control and teamwork. It wont be that easy on it's own...but getting there first will add a certain element to the experience. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
    Yay!

If you see lots of floating meatballs in front of your house after the release, don't be alerted, it's perfectly normal MP reaction on such things.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yay!

If you see lots of floating meatballs in front of your house after the release, don't be alerted, it's perfectly normal MP reaction on such things.
    MPs suck more and more, no pistol love, no weapon DD love, pets that give problems in encounters, heh, and they want us back for what? buffing team CM? forget about it, not worth my money.

And the few remaining MPs don't even know how bad this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sabandija View Post
    MPs suck more and more, no pistol love, no weapon DD love, pets that give problems in encounters, heh, and they want us back for what? buffing team CM? forget about it, not worth my money.

And the few remaining MPs don't even know how bad this will be.
    Cannot be worse than today ^^ We got no teams anyway
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Mercs raid allover again... As competitive this seems its just another reason for farming points for crap itens... Way to walk backwards funcom... Make it atleast a pvp zone...

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Cannot be worse than today ^^ We got no teams anyway
    Yes, it can be worse. Damage relying on 60 seconds nanopool and a pet? And pistol is the best DD and IP option for a meta paired with 1hb and developers are so hypocrites as to compare it to piercing and melee energy?

Where is the cyberpunk? this looks like elves and orcs game. MPs didn't want bow, they where forced into it. Without AS bow is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by sabandija View Post
    Where is the cyberpunk? this looks like elves and orcs game. MPs didn't want bow, they where forced into it. Without AS bow is worthless.
    And what should Agents say??? We are forced to use rifles? Damm live with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    And what should Agents say??? We are forced to use rifles? Damm live with it!
    As long as you loose your CC tools and 1000 AR and get some 1HB support instead of more logical bow MPs will live with it.

This is not comparable like you think!

MP have two weapon skills 1HB or Bow, an attack pet, a mezzpet, a healpet and all actions run together...not to forget that mp can use nukes, perks and debuff!!!

So normaly MP´s were designed as a nano proffession which works with their extremly high nano skills and their handheld weapons are only a nice dmg addon to all the existing abilitys a MP has in combat.

MP´s are blessed by the last luve they got when balance get out of control.
    Last edited by Carmo; Apr 24th, 2011 at 18:38:44.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast