Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where'd the $5 Shadowlands Option Go?

Where'd the $5 Shadowlands Option Go?

So I've got a couple of friends interested in trying out SL after spending some time with the core game, but none of us seem to be able to find the option to get it for $5. Did this offer expire or something?

I checked my froob accounts too and the option is gone. This is interesting.

That site is such a mess. Mouse over their own "The Invasion Has Begun...Upgrade Now!" promo and the url is clearly for the $10 upgrade for all expansions. Click the ad though and you get sorry not found, but here is an offer kind of similar to that one but oh hey it is now $20 instead of $10.

FC Support (Daniel) confirmed the $5 option has been removed.

I didn't ask about the "The Invasion Has Begun...Upgrade Now!" thing though.
    RK2 BenNevis :: Vashon :: Vasham :: Vashade :: VashAtePies :: Muffing :: Miffing :: TheMagic

a while back(maybe about 2 months ago) i started paying for my cousin's acct since he has no credit card. Well we asked support and the shadowlands option had been stopped and the 10$ upgrade was just a broken link.

lol so they took the 5 dollar option out and didnt bother telling anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    lol so they took the 5 dollar option out and didnt bother telling anyone?
    Pretty funny huh? Changing an account option, not even bothering to mention it. LOL

Existing $5 accounts obviously still remain but can't make a new one. So it is all or nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Existing $5 accounts obviously still remain but can't make a new one. So it is all or nothing...
    Those of us in $5.00 accounts are stuck, can't change it or we will lose it.

Heh I was thinking of doing a sl account, if they would have said they were stopping it I prob would have bought one but not going to pay for another full account. Oh wells.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

they stoopid, this is great pay option!

Heh, wonder what will happen to mine should I reactivate it? Shame, it was a nice option. Made for some interesting twinking considerations and unusual twinks. Particularly of the 'looks froob' kind...
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

soon (tm) it'll be an option added to the exclusive "instore" ^_= option to buy!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Bombqueen View Post
    Heh, wonder what will happen to mine should I reactivate it?
    This is of interest to me too. If I cancel my account can I reactivate it with the 5€ price?
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Subscription: Cycle Shadowlands Subscription [Locked]

Only way for me to play that account is to upgrade it with either all expansions or just Xan (wich makes no sense really)

Well that sucks and blows.

Not nice at all. If they won't allow making new accounts they should at least keep the existing ones as they are now. Even if someone takes a break. I know that if I'm at some point forced to subscribe two fully paid accounts.... well at this point it very much sounds like something I wouldn't do. And playing with only one account at this point isn't an option either.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

well i've had my sloob account unpaid for like a year or something, since i came out and only restarted playing like 2 months ago. and had no problem, just paid it and it still is in 5€ cicle!

sure is nice getting an official response/statement on this. oh wait...

Funcom employee

The 5/month option was not really producing the results we had hoped for, so we removed it as an option for FUTURE players. Anyone who was already on the "SL only" plan should be able to continue indefinitely, even after taking months or even years off.

Anyone who can not reactivate their SL only account under the same offer/payment terms as before should send me a message so it can be corrected. It is not intended that previous SL ONLY accounts are forced to upgrade to be able to play. That would be pretty shady and definitely not a good way to do business.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The 5/month option was not really producing the results we had hoped for, so we removed it as an option for FUTURE players. Anyone who was already on the "SL only" plan should be able to continue indefinitely, even after taking months or even years off.

Anyone who can not reactivate their SL only account under the same offer/payment terms as before should send me a message so it can be corrected. It is not intended that previous SL ONLY accounts are forced to upgrade to be able to play. That would be pretty shady and definitely not a good way to do business.
    Shouldn't you wait till the results get better instead of taking it all off? Whats so wrong in having more then one payment option? Seen a lot of froobs that only had interest in upgrading to this option.
    Come on Means, Sloob is the new froob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast