Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 15th, 2011 - 10th Anniversary Content Suggestions

Back items ... capes and stuff like that MUST be froob friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Metaing bravely removed the "no shade" tag from all items that had it. This significant change for the profession will be coming in the very next update (very soon)...not with the larger profession changes.
    Tokenboards included?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Tokenboards included?
    Ayup. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Increase all root durations to 90 minutes.

Change free movement stims to display the text "Soon(TM)" over the user's head.

What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary? (...) we'd love to hear your dreams and ideas of what you would like to be there for the 10th anniversary.
    New engine.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

My thoughts go out to the coders.
    In sadness for the horrible work ahead.
    But also happiness with the new shinies VS2010 brings.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Riawn View Post
    Change free movement stims to display the text "Soon(TM)" over the user's head.
    So FTW!

Now my own ideas:

Make portals to the original character creation area and the welcome center so that people can see the past history that is AO. After ten years that would be great.

Make the old back yard missions (only pullable to level 5 btw) have some totally uber bday item as reward. That way we all have to create a new toon and get there by level 5 to get it. Just because 10 years ago those missions were the bread and butter to getting started in AO.

Static displays of Game Director avatars for all the Game Directors for AO over its life span located in ICC.

A complete truce between all factions for the duration of the birthday event so players can see and enjoy all of rubi ka.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary?
    Rimor shutdown!
    RK2 characters: Asasello Sottocapo - tl7s , Zomowiec - tl5 enf, Maciejq - tl5 NT, Chinaski - 150 sold, Ciek - 150 trader, Rysiek - 150 engi, Ciekafsky - 150 ma - full o'phatz, no need to post equips.
    RK1: Ciex - 150 nt kinda gimpy but at last i could say im a selfkite man!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    That sounded like an Eulogy.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

The artists have started to arrive!QUESTION THIS WEEK:

What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary?
    A Leet in a minimech Pet (preferably it should be able zone), now that would be a gift!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

inventory and bank full of backpacks containing ql 300 platinum ingots! \o/

Put a No Atrox tag on all thongs. Then make tenth anniversay white pants that say "Princess" across the back. Put an Atrox only tag on it.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

and congratulations to Silirrion who will be getting married tomorrow!
    He's now being nerfed on RK4 as well

For the aniversary:
    Make one of the doors in ICC lead to a "museum" with models and descriptions of different bosses and stuff, and the already mentioned GM galery.
    Last edited by Maofex; Apr 15th, 2011 at 16:54:23.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Castable duck yalm! Like this kid has: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8nUairvqVL.../s400/duck.jpg

my first idea was a jet pack. were how far into the future with notum technology and we still don't have jet packs?

second idea was something along the lines of that Still Alive shirt. except change the "alive" part to "waiting" and put that good ol' Soon (TM) on the front of it. could even take it one step further and put a strike through all the years it's been expected to launch.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Agreed. I always wondered what Source Control system they use at Funcom... with VS2010 they should use Team Foundation Server 2010. Best source control I have used in the last 10 years! (Let the coder flame wars begin, preferably in the new UAO TS3 server)

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    So FTW!

Now my own ideas:

Make portals to the original character creation area and the welcome center so that people can see the past history that is AO. After ten years that would be great.

Make the old back yard missions (only pullable to level 5 btw) have some totally uber bday item as reward. That way we all have to create a new toon and get there by level 5 to get it. Just because 10 years ago those missions were the bread and butter to getting started in AO.

Static displays of Game Director avatars for all the Game Directors for AO over its life span located in ICC.

A complete truce between all factions for the duration of the birthday event so players can see and enjoy all of rubi ka.
    I second all of the above!

As for me, I would love to see a new PVP Minigame. Talk to cube for ideas...

oh and I would like Means and the rest of the AO gang to join us in our new UAO TS3 server!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Make a second camp that is similar to the merc camp in EFP. Place this second camp in a different zone and have mobs and bosses be similar. Maybe now we can get some of the clusters we have been wanting to find for years now.

The bosses however should have different looks looks from the merc bosses and be named after all the game directors that AO had over the 10 years.

So Gaute, Means, Silirrion and so on.

Have trash mobs in camp drop a few rare social items as well and have bosses drop new loot too.

Maybe a bit much for an anniversary thing but still, would be kinda cool

As for social stuff and such. How about a reflecting pool with a statue in the middle where people can sit and reflect over the last 10 years. 1 in each major city. The reflecting water will look good in the new engine as well I think
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Castable duck yalm! Like this kid has: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8nUairvqVL.../s400/duck.jpg
    that duck yalm is missing jet engines! add those aswell
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Had to go find an old social items post, but this is from that:

Doctor: I'd love a set of scrubs, one blue hospital style, one green-camo MASH style. (There's also the naughty nurse option!)

Enforcer: OK, channeling a bit of AoC here, but how about some skin armor here, bear skin, etc.... and for my female soli enf, I wanna Raquel Welch fur bikini!

Pure social: How about an Elivs costume? One of the really over the top ones? I'd also love to see some fishnet stocking options in game! Also pretty much anything from Flash Gordon!

I'd also second the jet pack idea... and I remember being teased with the possible future addition of a rainbow afro wig??

a day of truce would be fun. Id love to run thrugh rome and not get "attacked by unicorn commander" !! why all teh hate
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast