Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death To the Genrals Right Hand

so is this General's Right Hand a right hand to General Vivyan? if so, how hard do we think Vivyan and her 2 commandos are? requiring the entire RK1 Clan or Omni to go kill? i hope as devs say, they will tune them down to a less invincible state...
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Think a minute...

Maybe (as stated in the article) The Generals Right Hand ,Secret Agent Lamb, Ian Warr and all the others are part of the booster features introduced in 14.5 that wont work till booster. I cant think of any reason to have the dev making mobs that hits for 5K+ ingame knowing they wont be killable or it will take so much time noone will do it ( Tarasque 14m hp fix anyone ?).
    Its probably just something that will work in the future, cant wait to see the 20K+ dmg one that might come with 14.6 :)~

edit: think about that for a sec: Atrox with bulldozer on the general ? no one knows whats the bulldozer dmg or whatever, maybe a yalm that fires rockets .... just wait and dont blame the devs for something you cant do right now, they prolly know what they doing. Harbringer and The One and all the other mobs take only one team to be killed so just relax :D
    Infamine 200 soljah

Cemetarygate, I can get 8.5k cold AC and go there and test how hard he hits for.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

On the subject of Chemical damage, Agents can equip the Alsaqri Chemical Rifles and blast away for.. well, more damage than they would likely do otherwise.

Mausser Chemical Streamers for fixers.. IMI Desert Reets for the pistol-wielding population?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Personally, I think they are simply bugged. Just like Jack the Legchopper had an extreme regeneration just after 14.5. Design miscalculation, a 0 too many added, something like that.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Personally, I think they are simply bugged. Just like Jack the Legchopper had an extreme regeneration just after 14.5. Design miscalculation, a 0 too many added, something like that.
    Something is wrong or we not supposed to kill them, yet.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

The ARK we had watching where we were whooped claimed she had spoken to a game DEV and there was a problem with this mob and it was being worked on.

When asked if it was unkillable she said summut like... "No, just very very very very very very very difficult at the moment.

... we asked her to tank it for us, but she wouldnt

Infamine, interesting point. However, I hope Funcom didn't do this to force everyone to buy the booster pack.

Azzazzimon, thank you. Very interested to know if Funcom had intended this to be one of the 'tactics' needed.

Kzak, thank you as well. I'm not much of a weapons person myself, but it's good to know others are.

Next question, has a NT equipped Lick of the Pest? If so, can they test on the General and see if it lands or not?

According to Necessity they had the General down to 25%. That leads me to believe he is killable. So, a couple things keep popping in my mind. One, need more protection (somehow) to keep from dropping like flies. Two, need for some way to increase the amount of damaged inflicted on the General (hence Lick of the Pest and swapping to chemical weapons). Finally, is there someway to reduce the Generals damage output?

Arrow

Maybe someone does need 6k+ Cold AC against this particular mob.
    I already explained what little benefit it would give for that kind of damage.

Maybe Funcom intended as such. Maybe Funcom programmed in a 6k+ Cold AC bonus against this particular mob. Again, how will anyone know unless the idea is tested?
    What game are you playing? Its not AO if you believe that for even half a second.

"Maybe pluto is made out of frozen jello, we won't know for sure until we go there and land on it!"

Its possible, maybe it has no food coloring and reflects light just like regular ice does

I rountinely trash longterm boss mob ACs for over 2000 in everything, and it doesn't really speed up the killing all that much. Never enough to be a life or death difference. Hes probably immune anyways.

One thing to try would be the engineer AMS debuff aura, but it probably won't stick. FC's idea of "AI" is to make mobs immune to tactical nanos.

20:1 odds in favor.
    House is betting on too many zeros somewhere.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Oooh!
    This would make a good engie nano!

Add a nano that encases the enemy in a forcefield that hinders their attack, decreasing the damage it does by X.

X scaling with QL of the nano, of course.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Woohoo lurker mode - Off
    Alrighty I've been gone from this game for a while and this is the reason why:

Things have become too darn difficult!

And BTW....Why hasnt Funcom replied to this thread, or even made a statement..

It seems to me that if 30+ 170+ players cant take down a mob there is a problem. A BIG problem.

I really dont think i'll ever get back into this game but I'd like to see this topic updated.

To make a short story long

BUMP

Is nano shutdown impossible to land on The General's Rigth Hand? Have we had 10 mp's chaincasting that on him? If you go look at the new NPC nanos ql390 in the DB, you'll see that there is one Health Delta nano there (assuming TGRH is a soldier mob). And how did you guys get him to 25%???? We did a huge amount of damage to him, but his regen countered it every time. If it's possible to get him to 25% I'd say that he is infact killable.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Debuffs such as divests, plunders, nanoshutdown etc. don't work on NPCs, I think. They don't have attack skills or nanoskills.

They do have a list of nanos to cast, though, and an Attack Rating, which can be debuffed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Sorry guys who disagree but he is 100% unkillable.

Anyone who was there knows that we would need 10x the people, if not more, to even take hiim to half.

The DEV said that its very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, hard to kill him. Leard FC speak, that means that they messed up and he won't die.

You have to understand (for those that were not there) we were at him for a long time before we all died, and his HP moved maybe a pixel, then right back up to full.

Get 5 teams, hell 10 of 200's attacking him. They will all die. Hes 10x harder then any unique, plain and simple. Bugged, until they fix him.

P.S. Ask any NT out there if they would be able to hit him with pest, much less keep it constant, and you will get a big fat no way.

Mercatura, if you've played AO as long as I have (which it appears you havn't), then you should have noticed the fact that the developers jump from one extreme to another. So, when I theorize that the developers have now decided that anything beyond 6k AC shall be considered a bonus, then this falls totally within the AO line of thinking. Nothing Funcom does tends to make sense, and that's why the solutions shouldn't either.

Mercatura, if you've played AO as long as I have (which it appears you havn't
    No, I just didn't come right back to the forums after the first wipe.

I /claim ed my first pioneer. The other 6 were from everyone else leaving.

So, when I theorize that the developers have now decided that anything beyond 6k AC shall be considered a bonus, then this falls totally within the AO line of thinking.
    You pulled it out of your ***, same place I got my jello theory.

Your theory would involve changing code in the low end of combat engine just for a handful of mobs. They haven't done that since half damage.

Nothing Funcom does tends to make sense, and that's why the solutions shouldn't either.
    Plenty of what FC does makes sense in a sick twisted way: nerfs and slowing down leveling. The rest is bugs. The solution is usually to come on the forums/irc/email and point out the fact their programmers or game designers screwed something up.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Taking bets

Okay i thought i could start a being a book, so please place your bets on wether or not this/those mobs arent killable atm and wont be till booster goes out (or meby shadowlands lol).

Ill start at 10/1 you have to wait till booster go on and bet
    Infamine 200 soljah

Tactics or not , i would still like to hear fom a Dev if he is killable or he needs to be tweaked . No offense to the ARK that came and said it was bugged , but i would like to know that the devs know about this . As to the question of when he will be tweaked .... well im not a dev and i dont know their schedule so i will not ask them on their prioritys.

I know we are only a small percentage of the player population and that the needs of the many outway the needs of the few , but atleast answer the questions if you can ( or give a round about "Its bugged" ) It would help in comunicating and knowing that someone is listening .

Im not asking for spoliers , nor am i asking how he can be killed . I just want to know that if we , the people that gather for these extrordinary events, can kill him or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Infamine: The Genrals Right Hand dosnt cast any Nanos that i know of , so the idea of haveing a Meta chain cast Nanoshutdown is not a valid tactic . As far as i know , he is only a realy realy hard dmg mob type with no nano skills to cast .

As with all boss type mobs, we know that stun dosnt work either . One thought i did have that i was wondering is if a trader can mind control one of the Elites or maybe a Crat could charm one . We know the elites can be calmed , so how about made into pets to tank TGRH ?

Cem : The AC bonus after 6k sounds like an intresting idea . We should try it (even if it is a suicide run ) I just ask that Whoever is in charge of exploits dosnt ban us for getting our Cold AC that high (as what happened to sevral players long ago when they thought 6k ac was an exploit)

Alot of new items in 14.6 , maybe some of them will be of help against GRH . Only time will tell ( wish i had a full 6 teams on test to try it )

1 million credits say the devs say "He can be killed but its very difficult" or something along that line. What that means is that it is possible to kill him, becuase he doesn't have infinite health or 999999999999 heal delta, bu its not going to happen.

Post just a thought

Once been in Lush Resort i seen crat with jaggernought under his controll wiping out all guards there was fun to see, but maybe if he can manage to get him to TGRH, it might help ! Dont know if its possible to get him zone with you, and if this possible, maybe next jaggernought spawn, next crat calm and get him there, and with army of crats with Jaggernoughts its possible....

Just an idea...

Vich
    174 soldier RK1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast