Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death To the Genrals Right Hand

Death To the Genrals Right Hand

ok , as I am sorta an inparshal person and always stirring up contraversy , I am gonna Ask the Game Devs about Their implementation and their thoughts on The genrals Right Hand .

1) When you ( Game Devs ) Created this unique mob , what did you envision ? Did you look at it and compare it to other unique mobs ingame ? Did you compare it by number crunching against players and the stats ? How did you come up with this mob and its evades and hp + dmg ?

2) I read alot of the articles on Ao website . Most are informative . Tatics . I agree , a mob should need tactics to deafeat . What did you think a group(s) would be for killing this unique mob ? What was the thought on how to beat this mob ? How many people must we get to kill him ?

3) Does this Mob need other mobs killed first to gain special items to deafeat it ? Is there a certian dmg type that we as players need to find to kill or even dmg him ?

As it stands , 30+ 170+ players have no chance against him . As for tactics , we know the elites can be calmed , that was easy and sorta a no brainer . We took on The genrala Right Hand and we failed misreably . We calmed the adds , but The dmg inflicted upon us from the right hand himself was more then enough to drop a person with each hit . Not to mention that He was actualy smart(in a way) and targeted the docs as some of the first people to drop . I lasted long enough to cast Ch 3 times . I know the other docs there probably lasted just as long ( if they didnt panic and run )

Pls pls pls inform us on how this mob is to be taken down . Is there a sequence of events that we must solve first ? or is this a down an out brawl till you drop ? Or maybe it is just a bug and the hand is overpowered . Any info would be much apreciated and i thank you for the time inwhich you take to read and respond to this .

Any other questions or comments are apreciated , but lets try to keep it from being a flame .

Yes, it was a rather remarkable little fight.

There was over 40 lvl150+ (most 180+) people there, opening up with a pretty coordinated alphastrike on him. I think I saw his HP bar move 1 pixel for a split second before he was back at full HP again.

And then of course he takes out 1 person every 3 seconds, so the fight didnt go very well.

He seems rather overpowered, you simply cannot make an effective tactic if you cant survive for more then 3 secs (make it 10 for a soldier with MKX up).
    Last edited by DaveDread; Oct 13th, 2002 at 22:02:55.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I would be interested in hearing a response from the devs too. IMO mobs that 1 hit kill you are exploiting. That's right you heard me. Since in pvp we can't one hit kill, mobs should follow the same rules *grins*
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Bump

I'd also like to know if the Lambs Aprentice is also overpowered or bugged and the polymorphed Lunitic .

-------------==== Bump ===------------------------------------------------

No tactics survive for long in the face of 10k crits.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Re: Death To the Genrals Right Hand

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    Not to mention that He was actualy smart(in a way) and targeted the docs as some of the first people to drop . I lasted long enough to cast Ch 3 times . I know the other docs there probably lasted just as long ( if they didnt panic and run )
    I have a feeling his AI is the same as all other mobs. My guess is the damage you did considering his evades taunted him a lot less than the healing you did. An example would be if 1 point of taunt = 1hp of damage or 3 pts of healing, then if a soldier can only FA him for say 300pts of damage, if you heal for over 900 then you just bought agg.

Maybe there's a reason stuff like NanoCrystal (Lick of the Pest) - Covers the target with reactive chemicals, lowering the chemical AC by 5000, were placed within game?

Then followed by an assualt of chemical damage?

Edit: So, maybe you have to kill the bosses in a specific order, earning their equipment to use on the next boss.
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Oct 14th, 2002 at 03:23:12.

maybe so Cemetarygate . But other then the pest droping lick of pest , i know of no other gear that would help in that area .

what new gear offers cold dmg protection and evades for 1k + ? Even a fixer with grid armor went down in one shot . I see your point though , the dmg part can be accounted for in that way . But what about his one shot kills ? Im just questioning to see if this is intended as is or if it is some sort of bug or if the devs tested this with their ark-like avatars and maybe its alittle overpowered .
    could you see a team of 6 ark-like avatars killing the right hand ?

" Geez , this is almost to easy , maybe we should increase his chance to hit and dmg ? "

your statment about order of bosses :

Maybe , what have we seen so far ? The pest is killable , so is the one . How about the notum guy ? have we seen what he drops ? What order should we try next ? 1) the one 2) the pest 3) ?

Im at a loss to see the signifigance of the one droping the spiritual helm and chest though , as far as i can see it isnt all that great and not much help against the genrals right hand .

I dont know how good the NT nano is either . Does it stick easily to mobs ? would it stick first shot on the genrals right hand ? and if it sticks , will it stay or will it time out the first time you hit him ?

To many questions and doubts about the whole deal . with 50+ people pounding on him it only took him 5 minutes to wipe everyone out .

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Maybe there's a reason stuff like NanoCrystal (Lick of the Pest) - Covers the target with reactive chemicals, lowering the chemical AC by 5000, were placed within game?

Then followed by an assualt of chemical damage?

Edit: So, maybe you have to kill the bosses in a specific order, earning their equipment to use on the next boss.
    Doesn't he counter every single nano so we will never be able to hit him with Lick of the Pest anyway...?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Has anyone tried to find the Right Hand's attack in the database?

If I was a designer, I'd build a mob like this so that it had enormous average damage, but was affected by AC so if you stack enough in front of it, it becomes manageable.

How high were the AC's of the people on the raid?
    Did anyone try those AC-boosting shields?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

As we all know, damage from an attack is reduced by 1 point per 10 points of AC, down to minimum damage.

Even with a 'normal' non-TMSed hit for 4.5k, that means that you'd have to have in the region of 4.5k * 10 = 45k AC to reliably reach the minimum damage. And that is impossible if you're not an ARK or GM.

Reflect shields are fairly good at reducing damage, but even so, the top soldiers with TMS X running go down in 3-5 hits.

'Normal' reflect shields, such as RRFE, might help non-enforcer and non-soldiers survive up to two or three hits at the most.

If Lick of the Pest can actually affect the Right Hand, then you can do 500 pts more damage (5000 AC removed), but he still has the equivalent of Grid Armor III or IV evades. And we don't know how many HP the Right Hand has... it's clear that he's one tough cookie.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

mwhhahaha

I came, I saw....and I died.

I'll be back!

I'd like to think there was a secret to this mob, maybe we are not supposed to kill it but give it something etc... however I think in reality its a little to uber.

NB: I didnt die till after the docs were slaughtered, however its a little disconcerting to see your life bar go up and down like that.
    /Voorg

Too bad, wasn't there... I bet that's fun to be killed in 1 shoot

Well anyway, all those new red boss are overpowered...

1-2 month ago we tried to kill the Harbinger of the general. Aprox 20 players. Simple strategy : 1 main tank, docs casting CH, NT casting layers...

It took us 30min to down his hp to 90%

Since the main tank was missing almost all his hits, the docs were taking aggro almost each time they casted a CH... Mongos saved docs during 30min ( I think we lost some docs tho ) then all docs went down...

Well, 2 tank, chain mongoing may works, but guess what... no one ( even the biggest AO addict ) want to spend 5hours to kill a boss. Even for an uber armor

And The Right Hand is harder than The Harbinger...

Originally posted by DaveDread
    There was over 40 lvl150+ (most 180+) people there, opening up with a pretty coordinated alphastrike on him. I think I saw his HP bar move 1 pixel for a split second before he was back at full HP again.
    40 player doing alpha's... aprox 100k dmg in few secs, more ? and his hp went full again a sec after... bah... Nobody will try to kill it again
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

:P

Voorg , intresting thought , but how do u explain the agro :P He agros both clan and omni . I dont think we are suppoose to give him anything other then our lifes .

/me hits The right hand with her pill of uber nerfing

We almost had him a while back Erin. Docs chainhealing CH on a enfo holding aggro was working. It was taking forever.. but we got him to %25.

SOMEONE!!! *wont say names* got bored and started to wander around.. got aggro'd by the DB nearby and figured the best thing to do was drag them back to the groups killing the GRH.

*poof* hours of preperation and killtime wasted.

I still say it's possible.. but for the effort the damn thing better drop grid armor 4 disks like candy.

Erinsuin, I saw a picture floating around the forums, and noticed everyone had a helmet equipped. That would mean not one person had equipped an Advanced Head Skinchip - Temperature Modification (940 Cold AC) for maximum cold protection. Also, many of the new armors added in 14.5 provide much more cold protection than "old school" armor. Has this equipement been gathered for the raid on the General?

If you remember the post by the developers they did in fact state "people wanting to kill them will need to gather a lot of equipment and knowledge in order to succeed." The new ql 200-220 armor is there for a reason. (edit: Maybe someone needs, for example, something in the ball park of 6,000 cold ac to withstand his hits.)

Erinsuin & Azzazzimon, the question remains if he does counter every nano thrown at him. If you havn't tried Lick of the Pest, how do you know? Maybe this is the edge the raiding members need, but you'll never know unless you try.
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Oct 14th, 2002 at 14:04:55.

Exclamation

I believe you are vastly overestimating the effects of AC Cemetarygate.

I can break 6k AC in anything all by myself, no special armor required. If I bothered to mess with implants and armor I could maybe hit 7k cold.

Two traders and an engineer could get 1 trader's AC in the ballpark of 10k no problem, without special items. It would help to have mp buffs, and a grey mob would have to be trained nearby to drain from.

That trader would also get automated exploit emails from FC if any AC goes over 10k unless they fixed that

It would only reduce damage by ~1000, and not below minimum.

RRFE alone is far more effective that all that BS waste of time. Unless you can get 100000 AC

The reason the enf probably almost worked is they can get over 10k HP and mob damage is usually capped at 10k like ours is.

Its all about the heals, once you break a certain damage point, nothing but CH works and damage reduction only goes so far.

BTW -5000 AC is only 500 more damage, and not everyone can put out decent chem damage without using IPR points. Yeah right.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Yes, it was a rather remarkable little fight.

And then of course he takes out 1 person every 3 seconds, so the fight didnt go very well.

He seems rather overpowered, you simply cannot make an effective tactic if you cant survive for more then 3 secs (make it 10 for a soldier with MKX up).
    Make it 22 secs for an NT with NS MK 2
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

I bet he is killable
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Mercatura, this is not your average run-of-the-mill mob. Maybe someone does need 6k+ Cold AC against this particular mob. Maybe Funcom intended as such. Maybe Funcom programmed in a 6k+ Cold AC bonus against this particular mob. Again, how will anyone know unless the idea is tested?

Also, 500 more chemical damage per the 40 persons present is 20,000 more damage overall. Adds up, doesn't it?

The point of my post was to offer a different type of strategy, something that has yet been tried (to the best of knowledge). We can come up with as many ideas no matter how far fetched, and eventually something will work. But I guess with your kind of attitude we should just all pack up and go home, right?

edit: fixed typo
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Oct 14th, 2002 at 18:30:54.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast