Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - April 8th, 2011: In The Meantime

"Secretnrftbl was born on Fri Apr 8 17:21:35 2011"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Slightly startled she turns and smiles.
    Scientist Sarah Willis: Ohh, you scared me, Secretnrftbl.
    It's pretty creepy in here, don't you think?
    Secretnrftbl: I'm here to deliver these supplies.
    Scientist Sarah Willis: Great!
    Scientist Sarah Willis: Thanks, Secretnrftbl!!
    I really appreciate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Since you're already going through the code... after you're done with The Secret Nerf Table, mind giving us the Attack Rating vs Defense rating formulas please ? And an accurate AR to damage too ! (IIRC there's different AR % values used for different professions, pretty related to the rebalance too...)
    Oh yes this please. I'd love to see the one for MP's I need a really good laugh.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    "Secretnrftbl was born on Fri Apr 8 17:21:35 2011"
    How does one pronounce "Secretnrftb" ? Sounds Danish, potato-in-mouth-trying-to-speak-nordic-language.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    How does one pronounce "Secretnrftb" ? Sounds Danish, potato-in-mouth-trying-to-speak-nordic-language.
    LOL, I pronounce it Secret Nerf Table, despite the missing letters. Or, we could call it secs...for short!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

There is some good the nerf table can do, like making heals generate more aggro. To make SL more wild and generally harder and unlike RK. Because I don't mind challenge, we all expect this to happen now and live with it.

However what it does to the core tools like roots and the like... yuck!

I have to say it again, SL (the old 15.x one), is the worst messy piece of crap that even hit AO. With maybe that terrible nerf patch, but that one wasn't this bugged.

I mean pre AI shadowlands, the one with missions requires multiples unique items, unique in symbs, screwed spawn, 72h perk resets and the camping for the anti camping.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    That one's not all that secret though (the only entry right now is klod)
    This is so golden!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    Obviously no one told you, the first rule of secret nerf table, is you don't talk about it! Its no longer a secret and the ninjas will have to deal with you now.
    Kintaii, if you need a place to hide, don't come crawlin' up to my place. I have not been trained to fight ninjas. I mean... Who has? :P

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    omg

Nice history. (I also know those feelings, in a diferent way cause I fuzz with machines, not programing blocks)
    oh.....can I?

...please...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    That. Then we can stop having envious Enforcers who believe 425-569 (675) damage on a Trader weapon is OP.
    Just /ignore them. Few enforcers find brain-power necessary for their profession. Sure you can OD enforcers as a trader, but it takes A LOT to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Change it to Secret Nerf Table Dancer.
    And...done
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

It might also be responsible for RK Health and Nano kits not working in SL, and vice-versa.

RK kits: Bulk charge at once, available in shops up to QL 125. Any high QL you gotta run missions to acquire a stack. If you can be bothered to do so, more power to you.

SL kits: Drip drip drip over time, available from shop NPCs up to QL 175. Single use to fill entire bar.

I think SL kits were designed the way they were to prevent characters not being directly attacked from sitting and charging instantly, then getting back into the fight. This would be a factor in favour of not allowing RK kits to be used in SL, but is there any reason not to allow SL kits to be used anywhere?

I guess there are certain things it is actually good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwop View Post
    It might also be responsible for RK Health and Nano kits not working in SL, and vice-versa.

I think SL kits were designed the way they were to prevent characters not being directly attacked from sitting and charging instantly, then getting back into the fight. This would be a factor in favour of not allowing RK kits to be used in SL, but is there any reason not to allow SL kits to be used anywhere?

I guess there are certain things it is actually good for.
    I would rather see 'User in Shadowlands' or 'User Not in Shadowlands' tags on items like that though, especially with DB rips kicking around, generally there's there's no real reason to put blanket rules like that in an obscure undocumented table.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Ouch

The "Secret Nerf Table" is what happens when you give Developers the ability to update code in production, and have no Change Management in place.
    "Cold fish." That's what my ex-wife calls me.

-RickDeckard, Mercury Dragons

It's really nice to hear you talk about mistakes made in the past Kintaii. I was very, very bitter at the game when SL launched as a max level doctor because I felt like my class in particular had tools taken away in SL (complete heal became useless) and there was nothing to make up for it. I knew that calmers felt much the same way at the time.

I can understand the reasoning behind making everything "HARD" in shadowlands. I recall the idea was that this was a very different place from rubi-ka and things wouldn't work the same. It's a shame to hear that they implemented this in such a hack way with no documentation though.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I would rather see 'User in Shadowlands' or 'User Not in Shadowlands' tags on items like that though, especially with DB rips kicking around, generally there's there's no real reason to put blanket rules like that in an obscure undocumented table.
    the tags are already on the items in database, nothing about a secret entry there...

but interesting read there in the OP.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

That is until they stumbled across.... The Secret Nerf Table.
    Bahahah, I'm sorry you had to deal with that Kintaii ... but alot of people guessed that this was how AO was coded years back.

I would pay real money to be able to look at the original Notum Wars code. If you ever venture there ... please make sure you leave your relatives' contact information with the authorities to make notifications easier.

Good job on starting to iron out those REAL kinks.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Bahahah, I'm sorry you had to deal with that Kintaii ... but alot of people guessed that this was how AO was coded years back.
    Wasn't me - Like I said in my post, it was long before I arrived on the team that they discovered it. Heck, I think Marius might have even been in charge at that time they found The Table. XD Either way, they found it long before I started working here - Just something that still kinda plagues us to this day. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Give us a teaser/some information on the new pande stuff please
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Might - I'll be honest with you and say I'm not all that well versed with what The Secret Nerf Table contains because I have this thing about not staring into the heart of madness whenever I can avoid it. Unfortunately I'm not going to have that luxury in the near future. ><
    So, i have to ask even though i may not like the answer. How likely is it that there are more mousetraps out there left by the original team that you havnt discovered? like maybe something that messes with defensive checks?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

So devs took job-security very seriously? And still failed... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast