Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 60 clanner Vs Gen Right Hand

I bet you're on to it Deacon. Very nice find in that web page. Like I said, I bet the quest designers are laughing their asses off watching people throw themselves at that guy.

The article regarding 14.5 stated that some quests haven't been solved and we know that some need to be 'triggered'. Could this be one of them?

I have not had the pleasure of visiting one of these camps yet. However from reading these posts an "outside the box" thought came to mind.

Are these bosses trainable at all, I know they have "boss warp" but do they move at all, or perhaps their lackies?

Maybe the point is to get two bosses to fight eachother??

No fact or info. to back this up just throwing it out there to chew on. Good Luck Guys.

So maybe there's a certain order in which the mobs have to be killed? Does killing the harbinger make the general spawn? I thought I read somewhere that he'd been killed before...

Maybe killing the harbinger (a natural precursor to the general himself), then the general would make his right hand weakened? Maybe this has to be done in a certain time frame?

Most of AO revolves around a judeo-christian theme (Rubi Ka is supposed to be the garden of eden from the book of Genesis, which explains our resurrection technology, ala the eternal life that Adam and Eve enjoyed in the garden), so the dust Brigade representing the Roman empire and the clans representing the Jews makes alot of sense (but it could still be a huge coincidence). Omni-Tek could very possibly represent the Egyptians who persecuted the Jews (clans) until they made their exodus and received their promised land (Tir).

If we ever figure this out, I'll try and figure out something with ian warr. Ian is a bit simpler, as his name obviously is a representation of the "Eon war" foretold in the new testament of the Bible.

Matt 24:3 reads sunteleias tou aionos, or "conclusion of the eon". Other translations have this as meaning "the end of all eons" or the "end of the world", where Satan will be theos tou aionos toutou, or "god of this eon," and eon which will be marked with war. The eon reference is also interesting, as Omni-Tek's lease on the planet is 1,000 years, or an eon in length and is nearly expired.

no idea if I'm way off the mark on those two uber mobs, so please don't flame me, I only wanna help
    but if I'm even close, there'll be alot of clues in the history books and scriptures on how to beat them...

Another idea I had for the general's right hand, that i'm 99.9% sure is a dead lead, is the account of General robert E. Lee's death, in which a bullet passed through his right hand and lodged in his body. But too many pieces were missing and it would be way off track rp wise for funcom to have the answer in something as non scriptural as the civil war.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Red face Right Hand

Ok, I've read through this entire thread, and I started thinking, "What if you have to use something on him?" Like the Tir ring quest where it triggers an event and/or weakness... I have no idea what could be used on him, but it's a thought.

Not to highjack this thread but..

Woah Deacon...thats taking it a little far saying this game is based on judeo christian lore and the scripture isnt it?

It seems more obvious that this game is based on Dune, a scifi novel.

"He who contols the ****e (notum) controls the universe."
    distant red planet of desert
    rebels (who think the planet owns itself)
    colonizers (who think they own the planet)
    nanomages with glowing eyes (from the notum/****e)
    Notice that the Brieflabbs look like the floating Duke?

Just replace notum with ****e all through the game and its the same.

This has always been pretty obvious to me from the start. But then it is just my perception. I have always been suprised at the comparisons to Dune as I explore Rubi-Ka and have wondered how AO has gotten away with some obvious things like taking sandworms straight out of Dune and putting them ingame.

I love AO, I love Dune...I am happy here. But to compare this wonderful artpiece to religion...just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited for spelling.
    Last edited by Codewitch; Oct 15th, 2002 at 02:22:16.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

THIS is ALL I have to say about it, I know you all are mad, by I have a comment. /me shouts GO GENERAL!!!!!
    AsclepIIus - Evil Doc
    AsclepIIIus - PvP Twink

TSO Link Please click on it and make my friend happy

Re: Not to highjack this thread but..

Originally posted by Shenhiroko
    Woah Deacon...thats taking it a little far saying this game is based on judeo christian lore and the scripture isnt it?

It seems more obvious that this game is based on Dune, a scifi novel.

"He who contols the ****e (notum) controls the universe."
    distant red planet of desert
    rebels (who think the planet owns itself)
    colonizers (who think they own the planet)
    nanomages with glowing eyes (from the notum/****e)
    Notice that the Brieflabbs look like the floating Duke?

Just replace notum with ****e all through the game and its the same.

This has always been pretty obvious to me from the start. But then it is just my perception. I have always been suprised at the comparisons to Dune as I explore Rubi-Ka and have wondered how AO has gotten away with some obvious things like taking sandworms straight out of Dune and putting them ingame.

I love AO, I love Dune...I am happy here. But to compare this wonderful artpiece to religion...just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited for spelling.
    Hehehe, actually the game developers have already said that Rubi Ka IS the biblical garden of Eden that mankind was thrown out of, which is why the insurance technology only works on Rubi Ka. Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I first heard that the setting for AO is based in religion considering the current trend in atheism, but it makes for a VERY VERY original storyline, not to mention controvesial. I'm surprised more newspapers haven't reported on the sheer ambition of using the garden of eden as a setting for a war

Apparently they plan on going deeper into the origion in the Shadowlands expansion pack

/s We are ready!
    /pointup

-Jayde

In fact, the Storyline goes so far to state that the creation stories of the Bible are in fact truth and not legends. Only that history was interpreted wrong after millenia. It's not religion that's in the bible necessarily, but fact. This doesn't go towards endorsing a religion only using a set of stories as a plot element.

It's like something out of The Twilight Zone. We need to find out a lot about the events on Rubi'Ka before Man was kicked out. We also need to find out if Earth was the only place he ended up at.

nm, looks like they already did explain the 'garden of eden' references it in the prophet without honor book. LOL, they get downright sacreligious with it too :P

*not ashamed to admit I have the book and am reading it*

There also used to be a comment on the shadowlands page that said something like "This was once the garden of eden, but it has fallen far from any God" or something close to that
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 15th, 2002 at 03:00:15.

Almost got it.

Not to sound cocky, but I think I may have this thing solved. I'll put in my two cents after someone gives me the location of this aforementioned camp, so I can verify my theory.

Coords and zone and much appreciated ASAP. I wanna out this baby to bed quick.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

Perpetual Wastes.

By the bridge and maze area.

Re: 60 clanner Vs Gen Right Hand

Originally posted by thecryer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

all dead in 10 minuts

http://www.multimania.com/generalrig...ight_hand.jpeg

what you doing FC ..................... ????????
    there's like 20 people on this screenshot. What happend to the last 40? He ate them?

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Maybe he is one of the so called "Things" that funcom said no high level players have figured out yet. I can't remember where I seen it. But i remember reading that Funcom put a lot of stuff in the game for higher level players but not 1 high level player has activated or found ne of these things. Maybe High level players are to fixated on loot and getting levels... they see a hard mob and MUST kill it. If his regen is high then he probally isn't meant to be killed. I know a mob in WA that has a reflect shield that does 1000 dmg back.. Just my opinion.. Maybe u have to find the General first and then KILL the left hand men OR find a NPC somewhere that gives u the mission to kill the Left and Right hand man and the general... Possible a 3 part mission? Just my thoughts..

Post Okay okay heh

nm, looks like they already did explain the 'garden of eden' references it in the prophet without honor book. LOL, they get downright sacreligious with it too :P

/me gets out my copy of PWH and starts reading...

EDIT: and I do have to concede...I have seen screenshots from Shadowlands and read a press release where they tell of a "karma checker" who makes you either an angel or a devil based on clan/omni respectively.
    Last edited by Codewitch; Oct 15th, 2002 at 13:42:03.
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

I flew over that site and had myself a look...it is very near some named Cyborgs camp, yes? I have talked to many many npcs and have been told some things I am pretty sure most people dont know. It would not suprise me in the least if this is the case here, a quest or storyline npc.

(For instance...Sam Chin told me that the Temple of the Three Winds used to be involved with time travel but has been closed for a long time.)

The fortress is very large, and I looked for some kind of back or side entrance, but I was too scared to fly too close. Are there any?

Angry

teh nopex u sav vas a ref no on has it jet . and no geting dubel amount of claners vil not help kil him aslong as he kils evryon in 1 or 2 chots forget it + thers his insain regeneration just to maik it perfekt hehe

ve hav vays of meking yu talk

Talking

lol

it could be alot of things.. or it could be;:

Funcom didnt intend for it to be so hard... they just made a mistake.

Oh what am I saying! They have never done it before so why now?
    Sorry ... (DOH)

------
    Rubi-Ka 1, soldier 'Elnertz'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast