Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 60 clanner Vs Gen Right Hand

Red face 60 clanner Vs Gen Right Hand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

all dead in 10 minuts

http://www.multimania.com/generalrig...ight_hand.jpeg

what you doing FC ..................... ????????

I wonder, could reflect shields perhaps be the way to kill the right hand? Everyone with rrf, adv shields, bracers, riposte shields, etc? Reflect as much damage back on the right hand as possible? There was an enemy in the first legend of zelda game that could be killed that way...

Or maybe since the general does cold damage, try using fire damage weapons?

Maybe a special weapon like the enhanced hellfury or something?

I think it's beatable, but it requires some thinking outside the box. You know getting 60 people together and slapping it for an hour will do nothing, so how about preparing a meeting and discuss different strategies on how to kill it? It has a weak spot, im sure. FC didn't make an invincible mob, they made a mob that had to be beaten a special way.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

When the coalition forces rescued Commander Windguaerd a few weeks ago, there were 70 people taken out by the Right Hand. He's one tough cookie.

Quite how we are to defeat the RH without usage of damaging weapons... I have no idea. Supposedly we could try hitting him with one damagetype after the other, in turn, to see if he was unduly affected by one of them?

That doesn't nullify the fact that he shoots for 4.5k and crits for 10k almost once a second, however.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

OK, I may have been seeing things. But my guild and I went out there 1 or 2 days after patch.

And I swear I saw The Generals Right Hand, and an Omni Adventurer both attacking one of the other mobs out there. (cant remember their name, dust brigade of some kind). I was in my plane, so I was relatively safe. Anyway, we went and killed some big mantis, and made our way back there, only to be wiped out in under a minute by the aggro right hand, which confused me.

Just thought I would share my experience, see if it helps to unravel the puzzle.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

ok

just curious.

last time he killed me him and the elites were doing cold dmg. is that still the case ? or does it rotate like some upper bosses do ?

dang i know how to beat him.. we gotta get all the clanners to come and attack.. still prolly loosse though
    Nastysavage-207 soldier-Equip-Perks

Problem is, with 60-70 people there, the server-lag becomes quite heavy, and effective combat quite difficult against such a foe as the Right Hand.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Reflect wont work, he hits one person at a time..? If a 136 tms kills him why isnt everyones 2k+ crits? :P

K that makes sense about the reflect shield, not sure what I was or wasn't thinking when I suggested that.

But how about the fire damage? Yeah, it sounds lame even to me, but I strongly feel that there's some trick to it.

Maybe think rp-like....dust brigade is a problem for both clan and omni. maybe the team has to be a mix of clan and omni?

As for the general fighting his lackeys, I saw that too and I was thinking the same thing, except usually when that happens, the bodies just disappear with no loot. Maybe these mobs work differently?

note: the day of the patch I accidentally set the mobs against each other when I was taunting the general in my yahlm. I has *no* idea it could warp. ow.

The problem from my experiences with The Generals Right hand so far (having been on both above mentioned raids) is that he has insane regeneration of health. On the last raid we had 50+ very well equipped high lvl characters. We took down the Masked Commandos quite easily and imho very fast. Then we start on The Generals Right Hand, I was monitoring his health bar closely and you could see it move down to 99% and then regenerate back up to 100% again. This happened over and over again until all were dead.

Here we are facing two huge problems:

1) The Damage dealt by the Generals Right Hand
    2) The health regeneration abilites of The Generals Right Hand

Problem #1 can be countered by organisation and huge number of players. Actually I think in a realistic scenario the 50-60+ players that we had last night should have been enough. With more people than this it would become to laggy to have any tactical aproach work.

Problem #2 is the main problem imho. The only posibility to beat The Generals Right Hand would be if we could find a way to slow/stop his regeneration. If there don't exists any ways to do this he should be hit by the nerf stick

An official responce regarding The Generals Right Hand would be nice.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

It would be funny if you didn't have to kill this guy but rather perform some other task to get his loot. I can see some quest developer laughing hysterically as people try futiley to kill him.

I find it odd that Funcom puts bosses like this in, with a way to kill them (supposedly) which is so obscure nobody figures it out. And they neglect to put any hints or help or idea's ingame to steer people in the right direction. I mean it could be something as stupid as everyone attack him with chairs! or Mount up your paper hammers men, we're goin to kill Ivan!

Somebody would have found out by now if he's weak to one ac type or another. And what sort of tactics can you use? Lead him to a cliff and push him off to his death?-nope. Poision his food?-nope. Booby trap his armor/weapons?-nope. Convince another npc to fight and kill him?-nope. Snipe him and blow his head off?-nope. This game isn't the sort of game where a lot of things can be done tactically, it's either damage something to kill it... or not.

Did EQ do this sort of thing? Add quests that nobody can get, or bosses that nobody can figure out how to kill?

(hmm, maby you have to use like an omni flag on him, and omni gunships fly over and kill him. or use a monster containment field on him and trap him in the field. or poisoned rations. anyone tried anything like that?)
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

One guy(NT with NS or solja with TMS or fixer with GA4), loaded with layers, reflactshields, HP-buffs and more goes in, the 5 docs teamed with him chaincasts DH. A backupteam of healers (docs/advs/....) chainheals the tank as well, and the rest stands back and pops in shots at him.

Would that work, do you think?

...the tank would have to keep aggro, AND survive at least one of the 10k crits.....

oh, and someone chaincasting layers on the tank as well.

Hmm... lots of aggro-nanoprograms here.... Would be tough to keep aggro, I think.

Didnt anyone notice that cobalt9 posted the nophex plasma destroyer in guild chat in that picture? Isnt everyone looking for that gun? :P

lol General Right's Hand is a GM /afk with Auto Attack on

and his GM Trenchcoat has 100k HealDelta so dont bother trying to kill him
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Originally posted by Darkcyde
    Didnt anyone notice that cobalt9 posted the nophex plasma destroyer in guild chat in that picture? Isnt everyone looking for that gun? :P
    Yupp...first thing i noticed

/me pokes Cobalt9

Excuse me sir....where u get that? Or is it a fake ref?
    Last edited by Animoy; Oct 14th, 2002 at 08:14:16.
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Has anyone tried to debuff with ransack or deprive?
    Maybe root and shoot from a distance?

Pest

Slap him with the new Pest Nano's, then open fire with chemical weapons. Simple as that.

If only it was so simple....
    Huh? --> Nueromncr

@Kwerk

you cant buff him! he has insane Nano Resist.

Okay, well at least we're thinking of a solution instead of focusing on the problem. One of the last psots got me thinking:
    It would be funny if you didn't have to kill this guy but rather perform some other task to get his loot. I can see some quest developer laughing hysterically as people try futiley to kill him.
    Or maybe something else has to be triggered before the right hand can be killed?

Surprisingly, I think I may be on to something and this is only because I'm a total bookworm.

From the start, I thought that the name "general's right hand" sounded a bit too cheesy.....and also a bit too familiar at the same time. The name almost seems to beg the answer to us, does it not?

Tonight it struck me:

To fully understand what I'm talking about, please read the accounts of Flavius Josephus, a Jewish revolutionist from the first century A.D.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/academics/h...y-Josephus.htm

I think the devs are likening the dust brigade camp to Josephus' portrayal of the Roman army:

Nor can we find any examples where they have been conquered in battle, when they came to a close fight, either by the multitude of the enemies, or by their stratagems, or by the difficulties in the places they were in; no, nor by fortune neither, for their victories have been surer to them than fortune could have granted them
    And if I'm wrong on this, it makes for one hell of a coincidence, doesn't it? Especially when you look at the pictures of all the dead clansmen.

But that part wasn't really the point I was trying to make.

Then does the crier stand at the general's right hand, and asks them thrice in their own tongue, whether they be now ready to go out to war or not? To which they reply as often, with a loud and cheerful voice, saying, 'We are ready'. And this they do almost before the question is asked them: they do this as filled with a kind of martial fury, and at the same time that they cry out, they lift up their right hands also
    A "Harbinger" is (taken from dictionary.com) One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner

In other words, a messenger, or a 'crier'.

Just a couple of questions (ive only been to the dust brigade camp three times and got the taste slapped out of my mouth twice). Does the general, the right hand and the harbinger all spawn at the same spot? What makes each one spawn?

And how to defeat them. If Funcom likened the dust brigade to the Roman army, I first thought about the assassination of Julias Caesar, who was killed by his own men and how the dust brigade seemed prepared to fight each other at the slightest whim. But that theory detracts from Josephus' impressions of the Roman army being such a united force, and it also takes from a different period in history.

It's now 5pm us central time and I'm logging in to check out the db camp. If anyone who knows more about the general and lackeys care to show me where the general and harbinger spawn, pop me a tell in game

I like these new mobs, it's like a puzzle that begs to be figured out. I think the clue to how to destroy them is in the mob's name themselves, or it's just a fantastic coincidence. It's something to try anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast