Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    ... a lot of bad days of pvping incoming!
    that's going to happen anyway we pretty much have to relearn ALL of playing an NT, so basically, we're going to all be noobs for some time even after the rest of the profs have figured out theirs. the price we pay for such an overhaul I guess..WINNING!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

with that taunt + better defense, guess they are giving NTs the ability to choose wether they wanna focus on tanking or DD.

One thing makes me VERY worried: Blinds that don't... blind?

Its not about -AAO effect in crowd, but mostly about confuse enemy and be able to run/not being targeted if he "tabs" in nervous situation. Now, after such change, he and everyone will be able to pick-a-target and see, where it went. On low lvl this tool was 60% of NTs succes in any PVP situation, a great survival ability. From another side, blinds (black screen effect) was also one of best features in combat I meet in AO...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

Its not about -AAO effect in crowd, but mostly about confuse enemy and be able to run/not being targeted if he "tabs" in nervous situation. Now, after such change, he and everyone will be able to pick-a-target and see, where it went. On low lvl this tool was 60% of NTs succes in any PVP situation, a great survival ability. From another side, blinds (black screen effect) was also one of best features in combat I meet in AO...
    yeah, you have a good point. I don't think we'll miss it in the overall scheme of things tho, the visual blind was a hate maker, and really made it tough for people just wanting to have some fun. most of the experienced pvp'rs weren't bothered much by the visual anyway, /follow is available to anyone, and maps are a great tool unless you're on BS.

I think they should have kept a visual but improved it, make it a blur, or a foggy screen. regardless, this is an easier fix than to actually fix the exploit that people use to get around it I guess.

we'll miss it most in mass pvp, specifically tower wars, since the confusion factor made it possible to use certain tactics to rush.

in the long run, I think it's a positive change. not helping us as NT's much, but we're doing our part to help the game as a whole I guess.

there's 1 way it might help us, a lot of people wont try perking while blinded, and they use the visual as an obvious timer on when they can perk. without this visual they'll have to spend more time looking at their ncu, or maybe wont even notice at all, causing them to unload a chain of perks at a bad time
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:00:15.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

just a comment to the dot comments Masta. The B-line is an AoE dot, so even though it stacks with the A-line, use at your own risk
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

I need to look at that nano sheet seriously before giving solid feedback, but I will give first impressions :

- The nuke/burst system and damage output seems cool
    - Am I missing something or not only we did not get nanoweaving, but we were also cheated from our "nanothreads"? Weren't we supposed to get two nano threads so we can use nukes and some other nanos at the same time?
    - Given as both our offence and defence still depends on nanopoints, we shouldn't at any point run out of nanos from a standard damage/debuff routine. Only exterior actions (nano drains, high damage dumped into our DtN...) should start to deplete our nanopool. Or will soldiers be prevented to have more than a certain amount of bullets stack in their inventory? (to Rktim, just saying...)
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Shrubberyman That reminds me of 2003, in May I made NT twink at lvl 37 afaik, and this was major problem of NT - they quickly ran out of nano in NW and duels (actually, took few nukes and it was over), but Melle/Ranged had either no-need of ammo or countless ammount. Seems a bit problem, especially at my lvl 49 NT, where I can run out of nano in less then 1 minute, useing huge nukes.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    - Am I missing something or not only we did not get nanoweaving, but we were also cheated from our "nanothreads"? Weren't we supposed to get two nano threads so we can use nukes and some other nanos at the same time?
    "nanothreads" is the local cooldown on each line.
    1sec cooldown on most casts, and then you can nexecute a nano from a different line. And we have multiple offensive nanolines.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    "nanothreads" is the local cooldown on each line.
    1sec cooldown on most casts, and then you can nexecute a nano from a different line. And we have multiple offensive nanolines.
    It will have to do I guess even though technically it's still successive nanos within 1 thread of actions, as opposed to simultaneous process running in parallel in two different threads.

On another topic, I take it that for our nanodecks, it's actually MC vs Dodge+AAD, which pretty much means it won't land that so often?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Btw Running out of Nano should be a concern for all casters...
    Just saying..
    Come back when non-casters run out of ammo mid fight - and it does not go back for some time

Nano is ammo for NT, and for other profs, ammo just never ends.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Hi is this an April fool joke?

"Not possible to cast on self."

I always use self nuke to travel around back to save. I need this.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Btw Running out of Nano should be a concern for all casters...
    Just saying..
    But when a profession relies almost entirely on nanopool to be effective, and when there are so many nanopool drains out there already (not to mention the huge loss of nanopool if we are under attack via damage-to-nano), it really becomes a massive strain. And when it appears we will have to be constantly thinking about 3/4 things in combat anyway, nanopool issues will compound the problem even further.

Also;

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    I already said something about this. I will definitely make the people in charge aware of this. With the current icons, its going to take forever to memorize, which means a lot of bad days of pvping incoming!
    Be sure to include the nano 'cooldown' icons in our NCU. They need a big 'A', 'B', C', etc icon so we can easily see which one we are able to cast. It's hard enough currently, trying to figure out at a glance the difference between def/off focus, NBG and DM cooldowns, or is that suppressive horde? Who knows :P
    Last edited by Whitey; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 14:04:11.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Be sure to include the nano 'cooldown' icons in our NCU. They need a big 'A', 'B', C', etc icon so we can easily see which one we are able to cast. It's hard enough currently, trying to figure out at a glance the difference between def/off focus, NBG and DM cooldowns, or is that suppressive horde? Who knows :P
    I think, much better make this cooldown (not recharge) on hotbar panel, not in the NCU list. Watch many cooldowns in the NCU not so comfortable.

Well, i think if any nano/nuke have cooldown longer then recharge it must be displayed on hotbar - you can easy see time to use it again.
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 14:35:46.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

A few more notes from the unofficial froob NT profession (assigned by only myself ).

Neuronal stimulator: I like that we get to receive NS now as froobs. But I think that is the major advantage, while being able to cast it also comes with the disadvantage of buff-begging. There is of course advantages to being able to cast it yourself such as tips and not searching for the buff; and since people usually don't realize I'm a froob, I also get the disadvantage of buff begging. Most importantly, froobs being able to cast it benefits the whole server since it's easier to find the buff (which also results in SL NTs getting less buff begging). Again: getting the buff is the most important advantage, you've got to know if you want to give us that, but if you do, you might as well let us cast it too. I like to be able to help others, so I nearly prefer the "being able to cast it" above the "being able to get it".

Situational nukes: apart from not getting the different nano burst effects to use for different situations, I realized there is another major loss. For several different situations I use different nukes. I guess from level 195 I merely use Resonance blast since it does so much more damage then others, but before it was quite a different story:

- Ferious Impactor missile: if I fight high nr targets. This nuke only checks 75% nr. (Other advantage is lots of fast small nukes, meaning I can react faster on changing situations - e.g. press NS2)
    - Izgimmer Envelopping flame: if I want to be full agg and do most damage
    - Localized dimensional inversion: can insta-cast on full def, decent damage, low nanocost
    - Electrifying containment: works on full def, high taunt: good for tanking. + target is stunned 25% of the time.

The way nukes are proposed in the doc there is no variation between them at all; all same nr checks, gradual nanocosts and damage . And no advantages in knowing your prof .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Tracer effect. ;P But we will need a new animation for the attack.
    DBZ Kamehameha animation for cyberdeck attack? Allow a 1% chance to hit over 9000!!! /shout while attacking could even increase the proc chance to 5%

Now some other suggestions/questions (yes the first part of the previous is serious):

Remove the Reflect crippling Nano Burst action and replace it with a self-only nano heal action. I think every NT would appreciate this as well as every reflect user. You would have to use it on a target but the defense would be 0% so it is an in combat nano regain.

or

Replace the reflect crippler with a stun instead. 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4 second duration stun maybe? Not sure its much better but I would personnaly prefer a stun to reflect piercing.

Will the AOE debuffs/nukes be possible to cast on self and only effect the targets in range still? Also, will this allow an NT to pop someone out of conceal in the future rather than now where only CC tools can do so?

Where are the variations in nuke %NR checking, attack skills, etc? Most of the nukes seem the pretty standard. (I guess Edta covered this question )
    Last edited by Gatester; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 15:40:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    No, this will not happen, as all this will be going on in recharge counters on the nano icons in hotbar/nanowindow. Like it is already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    It will have to do I guess even though technically it's still successive nanos within 1 thread of actions, as opposed to simultaneous process running in parallel in two different threads.

On another topic, I take it that for our nanodecks, it's actually MC vs Dodge+AAD, which pretty much means it won't land that so often?
    The 1 sec cap between casts on everything conforms with other games and the general idea of the rebalance which discourages the extreme burst damage. It's far preferable to waiting 10 seconds for the next cast on everything.
    The nanoweaving thing would get too complex to implement, and the consequences too far reaching in the way that AO currently works. This new way is more straightforward and usable. I'm sad that froobs can't get to use the first 2 levels of nanoburst tho :|

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

A convenience change. The blind effect was sploited around by people who pvp'd a lot, or made people use items that gave over 100% resistance, which was silly. The AAO debuff has been increased and it will in itself be more powerful. So, no more people cheating and no more people being hit by the only debuff in the game which would also affect the player behind the screen instead of just his character. Fine for balance.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    "- Unable to nuke yourself anymore!"

no more unsneaky the sneakies
    That hasn't been working reliably recently anyway - boil blood, Kels, and AoE blind have all been used near me by NTs to knock me out of sneak - all showed in my NCU (cept Kels), boil blood even did damage, but I still remained hidden. I'm guessing it has something to do with the sneak changes.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

They never unsnuck you. It's just a way to do damage to people that are sneaking.

The only thing that unsneaks you is an AoE root i believe.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

I think AoE nukes even do damage as well (happened when I tested against my own agent), but stays in sneak yeah. And on my NT I didn't even see the damage. It's at least a few months ago that I tested this though and I have a bad memory, so not 100% sure, but pretty sure.
    I think it's fine: if you know there is somebody in sneak, you can still stress him enough to force him to unsneak: AoE nukes might be low damage, but agents have relative low health and they can't heal or kill you as long as they stay in sneak .

That said: AoE nukes should still be castable on self if I read it right. There is no "not castable on self"-flag for them. I suppose this flag is merely meant so that you can not prepare the nano burst on yourself: it is on the base, alpha and finisher nukes which all have the nano burst effect. If you want to kill yourself without /terminate, you can still use DOT A, but I think /terminate might be faster at that point... I do like killing myself when bored and I also like the focus needed to not make mistakes and cast hostile stuff on yourself. But adding a "do not cast on self" flag to help noobs from screwing up is something I rather see then dumbing down the nukes so they are all the same (see my previous post).

Something I'm worried about (though not only for NT's I guess) that I forgot to mention in my last post: nanocost. I believe that, when you manage your nano (i.e. nano rechargers), you should not run out of nano while constantly doing a basic task such as spamming base nukes (or healing). If you want to perform an extra task on top of that, such as spamming layers or dots a lot, running out of nano could happen, though it should still be hard with nano-regaining prof in team.
    Now where my worry is: the situation I describe is pretty close to the current situation at lower levels and for froobs. But nanocost is increased a lot for them as well. We'll have to see how this turns out when testing, but I believe it's merely TL7 that do not run out of nano (except NT's with nano depletion which will be gone afaik).
    Last edited by Edta; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 16:51:06.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

DecemberSky, in point 5 of your summary i'de like to clarify that what i'de like to be *Very* clear is to know what tier/mk X version i've currently got buffed by checking the icon in the ncu window, i'm unsure if they are tied together with the damage type changers icons.

I'm envisioning it as to give feedback in the ncu by perhaps putting a number within the icon or something really simple and clear
    I'm sure this is not a problem if you use list view of the ncu window, but i don't and i'm sure i'm not alone
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 17:18:30.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast