Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agentkay View Post
    btw, shouldnt cold dmg burst nuke debuff runspeed?

I actually would like one of the burst debuff runspeed snare effects. It makes solo nuking pvm easier.

May be remove the debuff evades, since it doesnt benefit cyberdecks NT.
    atm, cyberdecks are MC vs dodge...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

i doubt the gimp cyberdeck attacks is actually more useful than snare.

but snares in general from pvm and pvp point of view is more useful
    Agentkayy 215/21 Full Expansion Agent
    Agentkay 200/0 Froob Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    NR debuffs are being lowered across the board, and nano resist itself will also most likely receive a... rather stern looking at... in the near future.
    Mind elaborate a bit on that part? Do you mean to say :

- that NT's NR is gonna be lowered?
    - that overall NR is gonna be lowered (like, nerf HHAB)?
    - that nanoskills vs NR formula is gonna be reviewed?
    - that we can expect to say "goodbye and good riddance" to the current form of Notum Repulsor?

On another topic, must we expect blinds and debuffs from Nano Bursts to be cancellable by Rage?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

All in all, proposed changes look interesting and they will be fun to explore when the time comes. I like the fact that single kiting non stationary mobs will be a valid option again, especially at end game. I do have one question and one concern though. Why is the duration of calms significantly lowered? It's ok, I guess. All I'm saying is that I don't understand what is wrong with the current duration. My concern is about NS2. It's an essential part of my toolset when fighting mobs toe-to-toe, so I beg of you: please do not ruin it with a damage to nano penalty. I don't care if I'm rooted or not for the duration of the nano, I'm using it for stationary mobs exclusively, so I will not move in any case.
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    - that nanoskills vs NR formula is gonna be reviewed?
    This.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Izgimmy View Post
    All in all, proposed changes look interesting and they will be fun to explore when the time comes. I like the fact that single kiting non stationary mobs will be a valid option again, especially at end game. I do have one question and one concern though. Why is the duration of calms significantly lowered? It's ok, I guess. All I'm saying is that I don't understand what is wrong with the current duration. My concern is about NS2. It's an essential part of my toolset when fighting mobs toe-to-toe, so I beg of you: please do not ruin it with a damage to nano penalty. I don't care if I'm rooted or not for the duration of the nano, I'm using it for stationary mobs exclusively, so I will not move in any case.
    I believe the duration of calms is being lowered because they want to have pvm raid situations where there are lots of calmed mobs, be more of a challenging, active participation, instead of just calm them and forget about them. I could be totally off the mark on this one though.

I think the idea of very basic cyber deck with access to burst level 2 for froobs is good one. It gives them a new tool to play with and gives them a taste of what expansions give. Who knows, might give someone that last little push to upgrade to get the better cyber deck with access to more powerful bursts!

Funny.. You can make your toon absolutely NT-proof if you like, tho it will effect your nanoskills. If we talking about decisions to make, why we dont talk about this too? I ve seen many players who i cant land anything including CB (~2.6K MC current setup) and most of em werent perked nr8 becouse they were casting nanos too.

Let's not discuss that here as it's not relevant for the future of the NT doc.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Has there been any word on what the DtN cap will be by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Has there been any word on what the DtN cap will be by the way?
    I'm assuming you mean nanocost cap....because DtN is dependent on the nanos you are using, and is fully documented in the nanochange document...

No, there was word there will be a hardcap for Damage to Nano % as well as Reflect %. Of course they might have changed their minds...

Edit: Got it from this (previously stickied) thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567951
    Last edited by Phargus; Apr 10th, 2011 at 20:51:21.

I would say 100% as Nullity Sphere 2 is 100%
    Other than that, presently no items that buff this stat exists and I doubt will in the future.
    The Red Brotherhood

Well, there should be some happy soldiers if they changed their minds on the caps ^^
    Last edited by Phargus; Apr 11th, 2011 at 00:36:09.

I have a question about this document.

Previously all NTs have "Known" what are the rare/difficult to aquire nanos in their toolset. From the interesting tools of Candycane and Resonance Blast from RK uniques. All our disks currently only from Dynaloot. And which come from quests.

To me it seems with the nano-replacement scheme in the document that we can see most of the same quests will remain the source of some of our nanos.

How will the rarity of nanos change? Part of playing such a nano-focused profession has always been the goal of trying to own the most significant nano you can from every line. I've always supported rareity in nanos and even suggested we have much more of that (even if the nano's effect is just fun/cosmetic/minor)- to increase the amount of "personal quests" an NT has during their lifetime.

But if for example everyone is going to get handed Nullity Sphere when they land on the beach due to it being an intended tool rather than optional awesome after the rebalance well, i'm not in favour of that.

I think it could well worth be discussing.
    Last edited by Nanofat; Apr 12th, 2011 at 09:29:34.

Well about the rarity of certain nanos.. if luck has anything to do with if/how you get a nano it has to be a resonable chanche on a resonable mob/group of mobs, as it is now it's just as probable and takes as much effort as to win on the lottery.
    So either make it a resonable drop of some mob/mobs or some quest for it, seems fair to me.
    Also, don't make it drop from some uberhard mob either, since the req for the ns nanos at least seem to indicate it can be used by low(er) level players.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 12th, 2011 at 12:22:23.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Cyberdeck as a Weapon

Do any other NTs out there orient their character away from their nano target during combat in order to position their camera best for some purpose; like watching for spawns/ or inc enemies? better targetting etc?

Well i do - and pressing Q to fight regular style in PvM with my deck will ruin my mojo a little there. (especially if Nano Burst; like regualr Burst - initiates combat)

Is this a problem anyone else is concerned about? Should we ask that FC look into a way of stopping this occuring - would it be that annoying?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    Do any other NTs out there orient their character away from their nano target during combat in order to position their camera best for some purpose; like watching for spawns/ or inc enemies? better targetting etc?

Well i do - and pressing Q to fight regular style in PvM with my deck will ruin my mojo a little there. (especially if Nano Burst; like regualr Burst - initiates combat)

Is this a problem anyone else is concerned about? Should we ask that FC look into a way of stopping this occuring - would it be that annoying?

Discuss.

Well happen to do the same .. and as you state that has been a part of my mojo since I started playing the NT prof ages ago.
    Some might claim that you can always use 3rd person and just move the camera like all other folks do .. but then there is just that .. this has been something unique for teh NTs, the way we dont have to face teh target at all times (I'm shure we all know what the mobs look like after killing a few hundreds of em .. so let em other profs look at those .. while we look at the wonderfull sunset, even while nuking "youknowwhat")
    and if you swap target the camara will move around aswell and you'll have to relocate the cam again so you can see teh spawning area ..
    please let us keep the uniqueness, and somehow hang on to the NTs "blind nuking" abilis
    Koarzz/220/30/NT First 220/30 Neutral Solitus Nano-Technician Setup
    Zerco/220/22/Doc | Zalien/220/21/Enf | Narconikus/210/12/MA

When you put it like that.... you need line of sight to cast nanos so all nano casting should require you to turn to look at the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post

Discuss.
    I do this all the time as well.

I think the easiest solution is to allow everyone to align the camera any direction you want to, regardless of if you have a fighting target or not.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast