Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nano-Technician Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    looked thru it, looks fun...and scary. kindof sucks that lots of us did all that work to get NBG/NBS for our twinks, now flies out the window.
    They will still have useful functions, it's definitely not 'out the window'.
    He meant that the re-purposed NBG/NBS are locked to lv200

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    why cyberdeck not use nanoinit and NanoRes as defence skill?
    Same reason MP creations dont use nanoinit and NR as defence

P.s.: Zomg! NTs are op!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

It's pretty and pink! And I like it!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

NS2... I'm not 100% sold that we've hit the mark on NS2 just yet. I want them both to be similar but equal - Choices, each with their own point and purpose. But as it stands I'm not entirely sure that NS2 is attractive enough to make it viable. I'll be talking more with Genele and we'll see where we end up. =)
    NS2 looks very similar to today's NBG ... 100% DtN shield @ 100% conversion rate, right ?
    If so, that's a 25/30Kish shield that bypasses cap, like today, with a shorter duration as a nerf (makin it even harder to pierce for a single opponent) but not directly draining nano on end.

What gonna plays the role of today's nano depletion will be those new super high nano cap, so its efficiency will be all about final number on na cost.
    -Today nacost with an empty pool + nano regen we currently have means we could still chain cast (get hit with 2 engy's nano mine and you ll understand)
    - Today na cost with an empty pool + NBG nano drain + today's nano regen forbid us from chain casting.
    - Tomorrow nano cost with an empty pool (let say 15K PvP dmg taken within 15 sec from the opponent and 10k lost in casting offensive nano program while shield is active) + roughly the same nano regen as today will probably means issue to keep casting, just like it is today.

100% reflect for a DtN tool is probably a nerf, there would be an optimal value around 75% for NT today for instance, where the 25% dmg goin thru are mitigated by some other tools at our disposal (layer, HP buffer that we heal with stims / rare perks, heal delta etc) without hitting too much our nano. It's all about balance cause at the end of the day we d rather have a NT at 50% HP and 50% nanopool then 100% HP and 0% nanopool with regen that can't keep up with nuke spamming cost.

So i would advise gettin the nano cost together, adds in the nano regen we ll be working with, and based on that, at the end, define DtN reflect % and conversion rate accordingly.
    Last edited by Djiax; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 04:43:09.

I'm very concerned about the new nano costs. i mean, in pvp, they might be ok v most things, but against high hp profs or healers, these new costs would make it almost impossible to kill them.

what worries me more is PVM / PVT, esp. PVT...even as it is now, my 170 NT can easily run out of nano if I'm pushing dmg at 100%, it takes effort to keep it above the 50% mark where I have just enough left for defense if I need it.

e.g. - at 170, I would be using Astinus's Stellar Pulse as an NR debuff. with new NR check at 80% (up from 55%), THIS will probably be countered more often than you think against twinks. 1850 cost for so little in return seems outrageous. the duration of the very small debuff is 15 seconds, the cooldown is 10 seconds...how exactly are we supposed to take advantage of the 3x stacking? or is the duration dependant on the third land. and...does the cooldown go into effect even if it's countered?

and with so little NR debuffed, what even is the point in the NR debuff anymore? nobody is going spend almost a minute debuffing for -338, for a 15 second benefit from it oO.

am I seeing this wrong? because it looks completely silly to me.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 05:28:20.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

imo, just remove nano cost all together for NT's make us buy charges from the shop.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I'm really loving most of the changes.

-NS2 looks like it is getting nerfed but it doesn't effect me because I don't have it yet and as of now it is almost unattainable.
    -<3 Damage

I'm tired so I can't comprehend all the changes right now and will wait on someone to write up a review before commenting further.
    Proud member of New Order since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post

and with so little NR debuffed, what even is the point in the NR debuff anymore? nobody is going spend almost a minute debuffing for -338, for a 15 second benefit from it oO.
    You cast 1 debuff, cooldown 10 sec, you have a 5 second window to refresh it after the 10 sec cooldown ; if you do, it cast the higher NR debuff, and refresh the 15 sec and 10 sec cooldown.

Those debuff, even if minor, are here to land NR perk debuff, 800 & 1200 nr debuff for tl7, check what you got at tl5), combined with the fact that we gonna be running with MC focused setup, both to land more "regular" nuke, and because damage scale up with MC.

Our defensive toolset has been buffed imo, which seems to make up for the sacrifice in evade we ll do from goin to MC setup.

Everything seems to fit in term of big lines, to me, but the devil is often within details

Btw, Kintaii, you perfectly said this 1st shot was all about designs, and that tweaking numbers is easy ... How do you get enough insight of all those professions and how they interact with each other to go as far as saying that it is "easy" ? Approximation in numbers is what cause unbalance afaik, and that's what this whole thing is about, no ?

you're assuming that all NT's will have a dmg focused setup, that's not true. just because it will be an option, doesn't make it the goal for everyone.

and if the cooldown goes into effect on a countered debuff that has an 80% check, half the profs out there will make it impossible to ever stack them.

anyway....scum just reminded me that NR is being looked at, referencing Kintaii's earlier post
    ....NR debuffs are being lowered across the board, and nano resist itself will also most likely receive a... rather stern looking at... in the near future.
    so ignore my post about the NR debuffing, but I'ms till concerned about the increased costs... I've never undwerstood why we, as a prof that specializes in notum management even has to be concerned with such a thing. if anything, the costs for us should be GREATLY reduced, and not by buffs, but as an inate reduction. it's really a joke that we can even run out of nano just by casting, melee profs dont run out of sharp edges, ranged profs dont run out of bullets ( unless they're just unprepared ofc) why are we even worried about running out of our main offensive tool?

ok, so I just remembered we can also hit with our deck...that kindof makes PVT a whole lot more interactive at low levels, instead of spending 50% of my time working on regain, I can actually keep doing dmg.

I'm really liking all these changes btw. it looks like the fun just got forcefully injected back into this prof
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 06:46:00.
    T O O N Z:

Will the changes to roots change the stacking order with Rage, or will one of the roots still overwrite an enforcer's raging?

having to press q like some common boob: LAME

all these old school NT Player-named nukes, where is the "Malice of Solstiare?" (20s blind, -500 aad, 80% chance to stun, de-equips & unloads targets weapon, reverses movement controls, flatlines nano pool, puts a 5 damage DOT that has 100% chance to interrupt casting on each tick, swaps swimming speed and runspeed, turns target into a giant purple bronto, 50% resist).

I feel cheated!
    Last edited by Solstiare; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 06:59:59.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    Will the changes to roots change the stacking order with Rage, or will one of the roots still overwrite an enforcer's raging?

having to press q like some common boob: LAME

all these NT Player-named nukes, where is the "Ire of Solstiare?" (10s blind, -500 aad, 80% chance to stun, de-equips targets weapon, reverses movement controls, flatlines nano pool)
    yeah, iw as hoping for Giit and Ges nuke around the tl5 reqs also ^^ hehe, gawd, how big headed are we?
    T O O N Z:

needs a sat and seventh one too
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

AoE 5m only? lol

I tried on a 8m AoE on my unfinished lowbie NTs, if it is 5m, I think I will have trouble trying to pull large amount of non aggro mobs, or perhaps gonna use the new AoE 15m DoT line to pull.... jezzz.
    Agentkayy 215/21 Full Expansion Agent
    Agentkay 200/0 Froob Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Agentkay View Post
    AoE 5m only? lol

I tried on a 8m AoE on my unfinished lowbie NTs, if it is 5m, I think I will have trouble trying to pull large amount of non aggro mobs, or perhaps gonna use the new AoE 15m DoT line to pull.... jezzz.
    maximize the frame. also Kintaii said they'd be 20m when done.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 08:05:17.
    T O O N Z:

Nvm you were right , I used the OpenOffice to view the spreadsheet. I think it mess up the font, I reopened in MS excel shows 15m.

#1: We *MIGHT* consider allowing some kind of 'special cyberdeck' for froobs that only works with Burst levels 1/2 down the road, but anything higher than that will remain SL-based.
    Actually I think u need to have at least 1 cyberdeck. So the transition from froob NT "upgraded" to sloob NT makes sense and need no IP reset weapon skill. Currently froob NT are given pistol as weapons in newbie island to wear, when they decide to upgrade to SL, they are "force" to IP reset weapon skill due to cyberdeck nukes. :P
    Last edited by Agentkay; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 07:35:24.
    Agentkayy 215/21 Full Expansion Agent
    Agentkay 200/0 Froob Agent

First two posts have been updated.

It pretty much sums up the NT documents. I'll add other tidbits as they come. Let us hear what you think!
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

"- Unable to nuke yourself anymore!"

no more unsneaky the sneakies
    T O O N Z:

I'm not sure how the icon of the nano burst's mk level is going to look in the ncu, but please make it easy to differentiate them from each level
    As i see it now in the docs they all look the same, witch is going to make it hard to see at what level i'm at i think.
    (i'm sitting here and trying to see how i most effectively build up mk6, based in what order to use what nuke and so on )
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 08:36:36.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

@nanoforcer

I already said something about this. I will definitely make the people in charge aware of this. With the current icons, its going to take forever to memorize, which means a lot of bad days of pvping incoming!
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Brilliant... Just brilliant... I love it!

Btw Running out of Nano should be a concern for all casters...
    Just saying..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast