Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 1st, 2011: No Need to Joke

Yes, it's just nothing to *say* you should speed up the engine process to release it fast, now.
    Now that i remember that beta was for 2010's winter, even DNF release seems more credible.

I hope you won't release a super engine/rebalance in the middle of the desert ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Funcom employee

Totally forgot to post this earlier: Tsherman Translashion (post was kinda late today so Waldgeist wrote that up earlier).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

The devilish duo of artists Flaptoot and Mstrbsrd were supposed to be arriving in Montreal to rejoin the teams on April 11th. Unfortunately Canadian immigration is a bit swamped at the moment so they will hopefully get here around the end of the month instead. We miss them and we're looking forward to getting them here with the rest of us. Sure they can work without us there...but it isn't the same.
    This leads to the obvious questions:

Are compile-time injuries decreasing in Montreal?
    Are "rendering" injuries increasing in Oslo?

With the very real possibility that Duke Nukem Forever might release before our new engine does there is a certain looming ultimate irony in the air every day...who really needs more?
    LMAO

that made me really laughting
    new versions = your build systems back up
    good news ^^

Means: "Sil, wasup with the engine guys ?"
    Silirrion: "Any small issues in that area are being taken care of."
    Means: "It is going to be great to get some assistance from those guys in our efforts to really dig in and get this done."
    Silirrion: "I want to stand and look at our world in it's renewed state and share it with all of you."
    Means: " Yeah, but ..."
    Silirrion: "I'm also looking forward to not only the facelifting of old areas but pushing the boundaries of what we'll be able to do with NEW areas."
    Means: "yeah, but what about AO ?"
    Silirrion: "Like other years we are just too busy to make something flaky up. We will soon™ get those guys over to you"

ah c'mon

NT doc is the april fool day stuff, right?
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

With almost all the new nano doc's out(except agents) and seeing how nano cost have risen, any word on breed change?

Is that going to happen or is it just a pipe dream?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    --Albert Einstein

Hmm... camping?!?

Phikks - Fixer
    Grandalph - MP
    Qhite - MA

April first nano nano doc?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If you're in Toronto... Could take your kids to the Ontario Science Centre, not sure about the Metro Toronto Zoo, might be out of season. Same with the Ex, CNE, and Canada's Wonderland, all out of season.... And there's always the CN Tower.

Some good and healthy suggestions there for your Toronto trip, Means, but everyone forgot about the #1 attraction - P-Mall

Ya science centre is great, ROM too. Playdium in sauga is fun too Means, I won't be working Saturday to give u free stuff though. Another time. Canada's Wonderland opens next month I think. Lol Pmall is ftw!

Thanks for a great update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    With the very real possibility that Duke Nukem Forever might release before our new engine does there is a certain looming ultimate irony in the air every day...who really needs more?
    Hehe
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

2 nano docs in 2 weeks, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    2 nano docs in 2 weeks, keep up the great work!
    Agents will take them at least 10 weeks. If it doesn't, they haven't worked hard enough on it yet!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Pretty bold means, even mentioning a potential release date is bating the lions, People have started their timers to go off on the 14th of June 2011.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Current plan is to move on to Agent, then go forward with the redesign of the Perks document, and then go back for the final round of changes with the Profession nano documents - Expect more information then. =)
    We have week 14 coming, maybe with the Agent nano documents.
    A fast track will be:
    Week 14 Agents
    ½ week for the re-iteration of the perk documents times 12 professions?
    ->week 20 (20th of May)

½ week for the re-iteration of the 12 professions?
    -> week 26 (1st of July) that will be done

that is 2 professions a week, every week and not taking into account item adjustments.

Can it be done?
    Yes with a dedicated employee full time, it should be doable even faster
    The problem is that feedback from the community takes time.

alas, it still is 12 weeks (4 months) away, so no need to fear your twinks getting scraped before that, as I see it
    Beta test server will also be a good hint on when it will launch

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Well done with the NT documents, I can see an improvement from the first documents to this; that you have gotten a lot of ideas and feedback that you act on (unreachable nanos/future-proofing/twinking goals)
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    words
    :| How long have you been playing? There are 14 profs not 12.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    :| How long have you been playing? There are 14 profs not 12.
    Too long, I keep forgetting the two new ones
    +agents can not FP Shade and Keeper

2 extra professions is easy calculations though: pushing it 2 weeks.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Too long, I keep forgetting the two new ones
    +agents can not FP Shade and Keeper

2 extra professions is easy calculations though: pushing it 2 weeks.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    "new ones" ...how old is SL again? lol
    Toomanylegos 220 Engi AI26 LE70
    Toomanystabs 220 Shade
    Toomanycalms 220 Crat
    Toomanylocks 170ish stripped fixer
    Proud Spartan and Froob Hater

Quote Originally Posted by TmL View Post
    "new ones" ...how old is SL again? lol
    Yeah, can't exactly call them "new" when they've been part of the game for the majority of its years of existance.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Agents will be allowed to FP shade and keeper. It's in the agent forum.
    blah

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast