Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - March 25th, 2011: Loaded Up & Truckin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmosis View Post
    The damage on the MP nukes make me giddy to see what my NT's damage will be like!

/Me sharpens the ax
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Just looked at the pic's - 1 thing most of the time i go to omni ent it rains same with rome for some reason anychance they can fix the weather so when we get the engine and i start playing again i don't get wet all the time. u expect it in swomps and wet lands. but it seens to rain a lot in desert area's 2. As hopeful u are going to fix the whole game it is posible to fix the weather 2?

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    Link ploz or it doesn,t exist
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...566048&page=58

there is a link to the posting.. somewhere near the end.. only 2 or 3 posts after my link to picture of new icons

Cheers!

P.S. Did I just accidently hijack this thread by pointing to another? LOL
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Funcom employee

Vhab: i think thats the godrays kicking in actually. but yeah. we do have dof. also yeah. the previewer mipmaps stuff to hell and back. aaaand. the different colors... yes. that is intentional as thats how the original textures are.

don't ask me why.
    Yey! Funsies!

I like the look of the shadows and the sun, i hope there will be more of it.
    Atlantean:
    Leadcrows - Solitus male - Doctor 2xx

next time ask someone who knows something in photography before making screenshots.
    coz these huge black things in front of everything on 2 first screens sux ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    Vhab: i think thats the godrays kicking in actually. but yeah. we do have dof. also yeah. the previewer mipmaps stuff to hell and back. aaaand. the different colors... yes. that is intentional as thats how the original textures are.

don't ask me why.
    Well maybe this could be a good time to change away from the color of those old textures *hint hint* :3
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Funcom employee

Rktim: and get more QQ than we already do? no thanx.
    Yey! Funsies!

Funcom employee

Rktim: we did change them quite a lot as it is actually.
    Yey! Funsies!

OMG you CHANGED things!? Change them back, right this instant!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Rktim: and get more QQ than we already do? no thanx.
    But the shift in colour makes it look like the light is FUBARD xD

I for one always thought that those wall sections where bugged and had been missed or something because they look out of place (the blue light along the top is turned of etc)...
    Messiah has spoken.

Funcom employee

A no is a no!
    Yey! Funsies!

Doxies ´n pixies w00tyw00t =)

A no is a no!
    Fine shoot yourself in the foot :3
    Messiah has spoken.

You people realize that by the time this "new" engine releases it will be outdated by atleast 5 years right?

Oh wait... it already is...

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    You people realize that by the time this "new" engine releases it will be outdated by atleast 5 years right?

Oh wait... it already is...
    Yes, that's what DX9 engines are, sadly. But luckily the Dreamworld engine also supports the DX10/11 path, so in the future it can be even faster if they choose to port that part of it for AO.
    If you're thinking about textures and so on, then yeah, of course it can't keep up with the resource alotment on a AAA modern title.
    What you, and most others who whine and complain about nothing in particular, seem to not understand is that AO does not compete with these games. AO is not a competitor to Rift or World of Warcraft. AO is a competitor in the F2P market, and with slightly updated resources and the latest version of the Dreamworld engine, AO stands really strong in that arena graphically. With the rebalance, the gameplay should for many classes also modernise some.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

yeah, because the difference between AO using DX 9 is going to be a quantum leap from AO using Dx10/11? Nah, I don't think it matters, especially if it's currently look like a DX ... 4ish game? Sounds good, I'll take it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyou View Post
    I have sit here and watched all the changes our great Funcom has made for the past 4 years and think to myself? No wonder this game has had a major decline on members playing. If I was a noob that only had one account and only one 220 I would hold my thoughts to myself. I have 8 paid accounts and have one of every class at 220. Who makes these changes ?Must be the noobs of AO or is it a nt that decides the changes for the mp's. Just like the last change FC made with the lvls in BS. If FC does not do something to keep its members, I be willing to bet there will be another server combine RK1 and RK2. How long till this happens depends how much our great FC does to mess it up.

I think you people at FC are shooting in the dark to draw back your loss of players. Instead of doing changes why not pole your current base of players to see what they want. All I am sorry that is not in FC nature to look out for its members. Rather drive the current members away so you can work on other failing projects. It is sad to have to say these things but it is fact and true.
    I love this game and play it min of 8 hours a day, seams to me it is time to find a new game to play and give AO a break till FC gets it act together.
    An experienced guy like you must have tons of great feedback/suggestions for the dev team. Do you post all that under a different forum nick...?

Can we expect new NPC/Character textures aswel then?

Also any "realistic" ETA on the engine going to live, like 2-3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    yeah, because the difference between AO using DX 9 is going to be a quantum leap from AO using Dx10/11? Nah, I don't think it matters, especially if it's currently look like a DX ... 4ish game? Sounds good, I'll take it.
    You can go faster in DX10/11, as you can execute in parallel, instead of sequentially as DX9, which was my point. And if you want you can program more advanced shaders for various things, as well as lighting is capable of being more advanced when you have more power available.
    And no AO doesn't look like a DX"4" game or whatever. It looks exactly like what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Can we expect new NPC/Character textures aswel then?
    Yes. They've already posted several.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast