Thread: Engineer PvP nano?

Engineer PvP nano?

I haven't tested this nano yet, so I would like to know if anyone have any experience with it.

Nano: QL 166 Distruptive Void Projector
    modify area offense modifier -1210
    Link to nano:Distruptive Void Projector

I think it looks like a area offense modifier of -1210 would be of great help for a Engineer trying to PvP (Wich is kinda hard to start with)

Any information on this guys?
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

wow, that seems like a decent one.

In all this time, I never tried playing an engineer, but it would seem to me that a high lvl engi shouldnt be THAT bad at pvp with transferance, some good ma attacks, the nano you just posted and his reflect/dmg/ac shields.

One nice pvp nano would be a beacon warp like boss mobs do. It would cause the enemy to stop fighting for a second or two at least.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Arrow Hmmm...

As far as I remember this nano modifies your AMS only till you get hit (like RooT) and breaks.

It is meant to help the engie escape... A stronger version of the Nano-Tech blind nanos.

If you plan on hitting back its a POS nano

Mega^|3io
    Upside:
    It's impossible for them to hit you with normal attacks.

Downside:
    They can still use Specials
    If they use a special, and you have a damage shield / reflect shield on, it cancles.
    You can't hit them or it breaks.
    Any offensive nano breaks it.
    It has a 1 meter range.

~Chris

well eng's need somthing for pvp we are the only class that cant pvp worth anything ;/
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

there are actually a lot of people thinkin engies are pretty dangerous in pvp. but i guess thats basically cuz they dont expect them to fight back at all and then are surprised to get hit.

Mega^|3io
    Sure, we can be "decent," as of now. However, after the next patch, we are nerfed again (Bracer nerf, and now this LLTS nerf.) After that, even our best form will be nothing but a poor damage dealer. I have a good chance against many professions, even a trader and such if I get lucky. However, we can't take many more nerfs like this (LLTS nerf, bracer nerf), before we are nothing more than little gimps that have trouble killing a leet in the newbie backyards at level 200.
    ~Chris

Great, so now another class has a "blind" type NF . One that works better than ours.

Funcom is f'ing clueless.

its an aoe blind, proably has just as short of a range as the crat demotivationals and is a massive aggro magnet
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

I still think engineers should have /pet catapult. Check the engie forum if you want details.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Mega^|3io
    Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Great, so now another class has a "blind" type NF . One that works better than ours.

Funcom is f'ing clueless.

Need to review WHY no engy uses this?

For one, it needs PM/SI, which is a useless skill for engies, and they are dark blue.

Next, it has a ONE METER RANGE (approximentally one step foward with an opifex).

Third, if ANY damage comes into contact with it, then it breaks, albiet reflect damage, damage shield damage, or actually attacking damage.

So yes, it's a great nano, if you don't mind standing about 2 inches from the person, and don't want to attack them, while at the same time wasting 500k IP.
    ~Chris

A blind is a blind is a blind. Engys could have been given something else. Funcom has to realize that they have to stick to the damn profession descriptions and make those assets better. Give engys an ablity that fits their description.

Originally posted by Mega^|3io

Need to review WHY no engy uses this?

For one, it needs PM/SI, which is a useless skill for engies, and they are dark blue.

Next, it has a ONE METER RANGE (approximentally one step foward with an opifex).

Third, if ANY damage comes into contact with it, then it breaks, albiet reflect damage, damage shield damage, or actually attacking damage.

So yes, it's a great nano, if you don't mind standing about 2 inches from the person, and don't want to attack them, while at the same time wasting 500k IP.
    ~Chris
    Well, once transference comes, engi's will be close to their target anyway right?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Give engys an ablity that fits their description.
    Do you know how long we have been asking for our class to match our description?

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest
    Well, once transference comes, engi's will be close to their target anyway right?
    This is assuming you have gone 'cookie cutter' eng (which incidentally is not how the class comes across as when you start it).

While I'll admit that MA and transference is a great combo (for an Eng) its a one off high level nano and most engies will play the game up to that point using either pistols, grenade launchers or just letting the bot do the work.

What with FC introducing the Eng prof ring that adds to MA skill it appears that MA is the 'FC approved' way to play your eng.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Mega^|3io
    Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

Not really. 1 meter range is nothing. However, even if you were right on top of the target, you still cannot hit them, nor can they hit you (unless your sacrifice your reflect / dmg shield). Mind you, specials still go through, no matter what the attack rating is.

As I said, it's a good nano.. if you don't mind being on top of them, not having any reflect/dmg shields on, and don't want to hit them.
    ~Chris