Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Better than we are now, but so will other proffesions be better than they are now. Do we improve that much more than other proffesions or will we end up in the same boat we are in now? Thats sort of the general question that remains, but i guess theres no real answering that question untill its there.

What we now need though is our Notum Scourge and the snare proc from pet that is shown in the document. That would be usefull for teams (im hoping more damage from pet) and usefull for pvp being able to actually kill a person because they cant just easily run away from us
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Many professions will not be more powerful after the rebalance than they are now. We're looking at a net boost, while some professions are looking at staying roughly even with their current power and others are looking at a relative nerf. So our relative position should improve.

It remains an opinion rather than an experience untill we can test it, so i guess ill wait for that. Then again it looks like they are doing things slowly as to why i mentioned what i think we need at this moment
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    First off, we are a generalist profession. We do a lot of things, so we probably won't be the absolute best at anything. However, for team nano-regeneration we're still to the best of my knowledge going to be #1. That will be useful. Our nukes are going to be really, really good, and we can expect improved pet and perk DD as well, so we should move nearer the top of the list (though still behind NTs, Crats, Shades and Engies) on DD.
    First I want to say I really appreciate your responses Justin, you have been very active in MP forums.

I agree "overall" MP's will be improved after rebalance, however looking over some of the other nano docs the things we will be improved in 1-3 other profs will improve in those areas also. Mezz pet crowd control will fall behind crats, and nt's and possibly docs also. Nuke wise we do improve along with NT's of course but we won't be able to really compare how our nuke dmg stacks vs crats and now docs also with improved dots. Still of course the new pet might make a huge difference so I will reserve judgement. I know the rebalance doc says we will have best team nano regen... but I still cant see how we will be better than traders and NT's unless PNH/humidity extractor becomes self only. I won't bother with complaining about NSD...unless there was some sort of way to detect when a boss was going to cast a nano so we could counter it with NSD it's more of a luck of the draw for timing.

When I think of a generalist profession I think of advy that are easily number 2 or 3 in almost every aspect. DD, tank, healers, run speed, and calms. It's hard to swallow MP's classified as generalist class when I look at advies. Does that make sense?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Sure, Advs are just overpowered right now (even if they aren't top DD). After the rebalance, they will basically only be able to do one thing at a time - they have a DD morph, a tank morph, a healing morph, an evade morph and CC abilities while unmorphed. But they won't be able to do everything at once. We'll be able to do more things at a time than Advs after the rebalance.

As far as the nano-regain goes, ours is perk based whereas NTs and Traders have nano-regain in their nano toolsets. We should still be good there though.

Of course, all of this is based on design documents more than a year old, so we'll see what actually hits the servers .

Edit: I've tried as far as getting more immediate help for the profession goes, but no indication such is forthcoming. I'll keep at it though .

Will you have to spam the buffs that are given by staffs every 20 sec? if i read the documents correctly it last for 20 sec, that would be quite boring.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Indeed some of those durations seem to be anoying, 2 minutes for the damage nano on pets is also kinda stupid, its enough time to not be a special short bonus for ur pets but its to short to not be annoying
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Also, it would be usefull and pretty neat if we could sacrifity the healpet in order to make one last final big heal, and by that i mean some nano or whatever that tells it to use all it's hp as heal in one burst, this could be use to save tanks and would be quite usefull assuming the healpet get hp around 40k or so.

Just a suggestion

It's an interesting idea, though with the attack times on Heal Pet nanos being set at 10s before inits... we will be able to cast new heal pets quite quickly. If you were allowed to sacrifice without limitation, that would mean being able to do massive heals at a remarkably regular rate.

You'd have to include some kind of buff on the MP that prevented them for casting a new heal pet for a given period after sacrifice... or at the very least have a fairly long cool-down on the Sacrifice ability itself. Something along those lines to reduce frequency of use.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Exactly xtrem,
    Somekind of lock would make sence and i guess you could go about that in several ways, either on the person being healed or on the mp itself, like having more mp's in raid could be beneficial.
    It really depends on how long the lock (blocker nanos seem to be popular in the nano documents nowdays) on the mp is vs how long it would be on the tank, how many mp's there are etc etc.

I did not comment on locking mechanism because i see that's something for the devs to work out, there is also a "lock" of not being able to renew the healpet (or other pets) within 60 sec after spawning.

I'm just presenting the idea, devs will have to work out the details

That's a pretty cool idea.

You could take that even further. Sacrificing any pet would have benificial effects while the sacrifice itself could have a cooldown in general.

Mezzpet: Massive area stun
    Healpet: Massive (area? ^^) heal
    Attackpet: Massive area dmg

Could be fun to toy around with, no need to make the cooldown very long since pets will have a 2m cooldown anyway from what I've understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Corily2 View Post
    You could take that even further. Sacrificing any pet would have benificial effects while the sacrifice itself could have a cooldown in general.

Mezzpet: Massive area stun
    Healpet: Massive (area? ^^) heal
    Attackpet: Massive area dmg

Could be fun to toy around with, no need to make the cooldown very long since pets will have a 2m cooldown anyway from what I've understood.
    I approve this. Would be nice 'oh ****' tool incase of emergency

Edit: Is there a way to see values in the nano document? (Such as damage and debuff values.)
    Last edited by Hardcore; Jul 29th, 2012 at 13:15:14.

when are we getting updated for mp twink

Theres no set date for that, but read the last monthly update for a general idea of where it is on FCs list
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

5 month BUMP

I was scanning through some of the older MP forum pages and wanted to throw a few of these ideas into the light.

The Channel rage/soothing spirits give bonuses for Att pet and heal pet, shouldn't Mezz get a bonuses from one of those lines also?

Is it possible to have creation weapons 100% nano skill? Since the 80% nano + 20% weapon only lowers AR anyway.

Is it possible to have new creation bow 80% nano skill also? Would be nice to be able to swap between the creations depending on situation. (advies get to morph for diff situations)

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Another Bump

I'd like to reiterate my displeasure at removal of unmakes/dominates...especially when I see the trader nano doc includes the following...

(Skill Drain
    - COOLDOWNS:
    == 5 seconds
    - I hope you're sitting down, because this will shock probably the entire planet.
    - The drains now last 15 seconds. The drains, now last, 15 seconds.
    - The drains also scale based on the level of the target.
    - The drains have been halved in amount drained, and do not drain the AAO of the target if it's not an NPC.
    - Laddering drains, and the amount returned to us has not been affected EXCEPT now the duration of the buff portion is 10 minutes! Yaaaaaay!)

WTF is that? Traders keep nano skill drains with 15sec durations and 5s cooldowns, and we get single use NSD that can only be kept up 1/3 of time or less???

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

At the moment, I'm thinking the nano-docs are not likely to hit the live servers in anything close to their last form. The current resources devoted to AO just don't seem adequate to support such dramatic changes. That said, the nano-skill drains on the nukes were vastly improved, so it actually wasn't much of a loss IMHO.

Dominates onlybreally loose in their duration in a sense. NSD would just have to be timed better. It is a loss but that one is one that can be taken if compensated ofcourse. The nano document as stands looks well worth the testing imo but i for one cant really wait for the rebalance as a whole id like some minor updates in between to improve us as mps hell id take that NSD from document now if it means loosing the long recharge it has now
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    That said, the nano-skill drains on the nukes were vastly improved, so it actually wasn't much of a loss IMHO.
    WHOA... wait a second I must have missed something. Are you saying all our nukes will have nano skill debuffs in them?!?!?!

The top special effect nuke will have 1,227 average DPS and debuff nanoskills by 300. This is not from all nukes just the finisher correct? Problem I would say is potentially if you don't get chance to build up to that nuke, i like to start off some fights with debuffs. But still worth testing as long as special nukes do not require build up etc and can be used stand alone.

I suppose I misread how those special nukes would work.
    Last edited by Psikie; Mar 23rd, 2013 at 00:48:26.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast