Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    i dont know about you guys but I've always gotten team invites based off my rep as a good player, regardless of the prof I play. Now granted that won't help a new player much, but I've ALWAYS been of the mind set that a smart player is waaaay better than a twinked out noob. Your equipment won't mean jack if you don't know how to hit the platforms in vortex and DB1 or how to kick shades at collector etc etc... So balance or not i'm still going to be a good player and I will adjust to what ever situation AO presents me.
    :x Doesnt work on MPs. Most ppl just dont risk in invite MPs cause: a) MPs have no passive stuff to help, in case of the player be a super noob; b) 90% of content MPs only add DD, something a super noob players usually dont do.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I agree in that IF u proove ur good, ppl will invite you. I was welcomed in alba team also as mp. But for most and usually for "new" mps its kinda hard. And yes, i would give up wep dmg for pet dmg, and keep up extra dmg with nukes. Problem is some ppl will find a wep that still effective with pet, therefore FC will nerf pet. Pet alone cant be uber, coz others will whine about it. Thats why dmg must be splitted. Gladly FC will improve nukes so those will be much more important part of our tools.

And yes, DTP nano will give us 20% "abosrb" shield. This nano will transfer 20% incoming dmg to pet. This used to work on all dmg type, perks and hits and such.

I agree with the guys before, reputation is something great and usefull for getting teams, but then u have to rely on that. Its however like saying uve become the head of an organisation just because u have friends in high places tho. It doesnt actually have to do with how much u can add to the team instead of them, just wanting to enjoy the content with you as a friend because on other toons ur good.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I can also see where the difference in most opinions stem from. For most players it comes down to epeen vs efficiency. Sure it's not very effective to have a team of 6 doctors would be most ineffective team in a raid. But same token a team of 6 shades would not be best team in most raids either. Of course there are things each prof should be able to bring to a team to make them unique. Most 220/70/30 all have 99% same equipment so what real difference is there except for pre-shadowlands roles? I mean truthfully there is not much difference other than hp/ac/evades/dd for toon functionallity. Nanos are what really defines the professions. And what I understand we are losing some of our identity nanos.

The real difference however is the player. Think about it, if you cloned a 220 toon alpha symbs and max equipment and put 2 players in a duel. Player A has played that class from lvl 1-220, player B has never played that prof before who wins 10 out of 10 times? 20 out of 20? Even 50 out of 50.

Each prof should have some sort of identity that makes them desirable in a pvm or pvp. If the roles were more defined i'm sure there would be a lot less grumbling about what this prof can do that another can't. If all professions can heal/evade/calm/xpbuff/tank/dd then the game changes from Anarchy Online to Adventurer Online.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You are right, knowing ur prof is very important. But we have 14 profs in game, how do u wanna make 14 different roles? Its impossible. But, having same tools is not the major problem, look at engi and sol both have reflect aura, sol is better tho, but if u cant invite a sol, engi works same well for raids.
    Problem is there are few profs thats has unique tools which makes them much more attractive to teams than others. Look at crat, exp, aad aura, dmg, calm, init debuff. I think nobody else in game have as many useful support tools as them. So what is thair role?

And i guess we agree on that current mp tools are far from being important. Ofc they can help on raids, but not a must. I think i can say an mp never saved any raid from vipe (i mean full team of 220).

Btw, advs can do all that yes, but far from being OP. Many profs can OD advs, their exp buff is just a small bonus, they can tank only 1 mob (on SL with CH more possible tho), calm is a joke very rarely useful. They are strong in self heal and evade yes, that makes them good soloer. I would call adv a balanced prof now: they have access to many tools, but not as effective as the original profs (a bit same to mimic), they can survive on their own, and can do enough dmg/little support to get team invites.

I've startled the heck out of shade players by putting the damage down and OD'ing them when they were slacking off despite not even being in the shadowlevels at the time. I've also saved the bacon of an offtank in 12man so we didn't wipe, despite the fact that my heals are garbage compared to an actual healing prof's (one thing I'm looking forward to in the rebalance is actual healing power), but that's knowing what you have on tap and what you can do at the time.

There's more than just your inherent profession abilities available to you, you have stims of all colors, grafts for low-level nanos from other professions, perks nobody ever thinks of using, and so on, all of which surprisingly can turn the tables and give you that last edge if you are aware of it's usefulness in a fight. Being aware of and using this can often make an MP something of a powerhouse to have around, but it does take some researching to really get to the higher levels of effectiveness. Mind you, I didn't say time, I think human beings are able to think and reason at their own rates and can figure things out pretty quick if they feel like it.

Shades at before shadowknowledge levels dont pack that much a punch unless twinked to the limits, before the shadowlevels damage output is actually better comparable than above it i think (without doing the math).
    As for safing an offtank, im guessing 12man was still a team effort, i dont know what the whole scene was but i have a hard time believing that an Mp alone actually made the difference of living or dying for the team. Its how big a roll the Mp plays in the team. If u think that the roll was big then thats good, but to me it sounds like the Mp now has the ability to turn tables upside down by themselfs.
    But as u said yeh i also am looking foward to what the healing power will change. Im also interrested to see what the rest of the nanos can do when they come to test server. But i guess we will see that there then after Document 2.0
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I know MPs got some nice tricks. There are 2 perks that can debuff init, 1 of those with -800 for all type. That perk + perk heal + pet heal + stim + dmg debuff nanos + if ur soli, then survival = big help. My proglem with mp toolset is these stuffs are short duration and not static, like other profs' . Also many of our tools have long recharge so blocking all other nanos. Biggest improve in the doc is all nanos will have 1 sec recharge and that will allove us to spam them as much as we want (untill we run out of nano

And yea, doc 1.0 healing power looks awesome. But im afraid that will be nerfed, still i hope we will get big boost compered to old. Pets gonna be fun, i just hope it will do same dmg as an average 220 on its own. So with our extra dmg, we can be DDs. Or keep up mad debuffing and still be an acceptable DD. Thats my dream

@Fly: Shade was 217 or so at the time. Bigtime slacking off, for sure, but he was surprised at the dumper results when I OD'd him. Just because you're playing a high DD prof doesn't mean you can be asleep at the wheel and not expect someone who isn't to pass you up.

I'm hoping the healpet healing stays consistent or gets a bit of a better boost to even things out a bit, or we get some better healing through our perks (though the current perk numbers have our perk healing being pretty darn good, compared to before, honestly), which will give us a decent, but not prime, backup healing position. I wouldn't have been so concerned if we had the perks/pets from the 1.0 document in the 12man instance, but then I would have actually had my pet offtank the 2nd boss and just healed it with the healpet. With the tools looking to be implemented, and having the taunt in our CR perk, it looks very viable to have an MP pet offtanking an add boss more so than before. If a 2nd MP is present, well, then, it's in the bag with how much healing we can do for our pets if the numbers hold up.

That said, some things do need ironing out, the debuffs need rethinking, but on the whole I'm pretty optimistic about MP viability in the rebalance. I just hope this all happens before DNF comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    That said, some things do need ironing out, the debuffs need rethinking, but on the whole I'm pretty optimistic about MP viability in the rebalance. I just hope this all happens before DNF comes out.
    Well, rebalancing has been going on for a lot more than a year now.

The first round of perk docs are gonna be reworked.
    The first round of nano docs are gonna be reworked (and are not even finished for all profs).
    The biggest part, the items, isn't even released yet, and boy you can prepare for some screaming when some essential prof items are touched (it has already started preventively with solds trying to protect some of their reflect items ^.^).

So I guess 2014 would be a more realistic time frame

@Dancingrage While I agree that we are going to be better after rebalance (its well know that is impossible to be worse than today) I dont really think the current nanodoc gave us something in team desireability role. We gonna get our spot as best soloists, maybe.

I wanna be usefull in teams, instead of left behind in t6 of a raid.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I dont agree. IF FC intend to give us real endgame pet, with new nukes we will be pretty cool DDs. Also we will be 2nd best healers in game (based on doc1), huge evade buff (maybe best also), team nano heal.

So i think if FC wont nerf current doc we will get team invites much more often.

altough the spot of best soloers without match whatsoever is something I could consider
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

Too bad that spot is already taken by crats, and unless we get their CC, we won't take it from them

Not terribly bad considering we have spammed AOE CC and higher attack ratings on that from both new mezz pets and huge buffing for them. Dunno if we'll be able to outdo crats on the soloing end but we won't exactly be far behind, either, and taunting boosts as well.

Though yeah, I didn't exactly expect this to take as long as it did, either.

Crats soloing power is pretty much based on good DD, high AAD and awesome debuffs. At the moment at least. Ability to calm adds is good to have, but careful pulling almost makes up for it. Roots and Snares are nice for melee mobs - useless with ranged, like most inf dynas etc.

After the balance the debuffing power of crats is nerfed to hell and back. So it seems very well possible that MP's might become a good solo profession with the addition of AoE calms and better heals.

Personally i was hoping for viable ranged creation weapons for MP's but i guess the dev's decided to give that to NT's in the form of that new cyberdeck. The creation bow in it's current form is so bad joke that it's not even funny.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Is this update scheduled to release anytime this year? Or just the usual "soon"?

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyll1 View Post
    Is this update scheduled to release anytime this year? Or just the usual "soon"?
    Latest official schedule was for Q1 2011... that ended three months ago and only a week left of Q2. So if you're waiting it to happen this year, don't hold your breath.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Not that I would like this crap to come. Instead of solving the real problems it is a mess of a botch.

After reading the changes, it does look like FC is setting out to make us worse than we already are, (if that's possible). Nerfing the one thing we had unique to us as a profession and making it absolutley useless, (NSD). All that needs to be done is make NSD actually useful in pvm so that is cripples bosses and MP's would be much more sought after for teams, keep the 60/s duration.

The debuff changes don't seem helpful, -2k damage and lasts 10 seconds then a 30 second immunity on top? Not worth the nano to cast it. should be at least -3k dmg and last a minute, remove the init debuff from it. The mezz pet being changed to AoE will definetely help, we should have the option of choosing AoE root/snare/stun effects from the third pet though. I always imagined the floating eyeball being like medusa, one look turns mobs to stone.
    Last edited by Armadyll1; Jul 5th, 2011 at 20:13:23.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast