Thread: MP Nano Document Discussion Thread

Me too honestly, but it's not over yet. How things are isn't necessarily how they'll stay .

Dunno. Not after they slapped in our face twice today (new Ior while we kept old Web and new PNH)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I know what you mean too Lainbr. It can be a frustrating business.... especially for MPs.

I'd hope that the Profs secured a lot of beneficial changes during the period that they had the MP doc though - and probably pushed for a lot more changes by the sound of things, given what Justin and DR have said about it.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Well, very frustrated here as well.

NT now get the better nano heals, get better debuffs then we do (just look at the debuffs you can get with nanoburst).

And also, why is that cyberdeck 1/1 and our creation weapons are slow as hell?

Let's face it, rebalancing is just a big hoax. Love childs stay love childs, and MPs stay in the dirt...

I think I expected NTs to be in the lead on Nano Regen... they always were a strong contender in this department of course. That doesn't make the improvements to MP nano regen contribution any less though. In the new world of very high nanocosts, the increases to MP nano regen are likely to be a very real contribution to teams.

I still hope for some speed increases on the Creations - particularly on the Bows. When comparing the single handers to the NT cyberdecks... the cyberdecks look to have a chunk less damage in their template... perhaps that's why the speed is higher.

I suppose we could ask ourselves which would be better? Higher damage template and slower speed? Or lower damage template and higher speed?

X

Definitely lower damage with higher speed.

Even with 2/2 on full def, attacking will be very, very slow. This means fewer procs and less chances to hit (with our bad AR).

In addition, casting interupts attacking. So with a very slow weapon, you will either have to slow down nuking (which looks like it is supposed to be one of our main sources of damage now), or basically not use your weapon except for the buffs it gives.

Seriously, especially the bows, which are meant for nukers, have to be very fast.

Anything more than 1.5/1.5 with NanoInt as the speed is going to be a disappointment now, after I've seen the NT cyberdecks. They give nice buffs, (e.g. a 100 to all nanoskills and 6 nanodamage), have a nice range, good damage and the only reasonable speed for a nuker, which is 1/1, period.

If we could get the same damage as the NT decks with 1/1, I would take that in a heart beat. And I don't see any reason why we shouldn't.

And now they have sotlen the best cost buff as well. Before, theirs was at least a lower duration. Now it is just plain better. Seriously, we does everyone get great upgrades, but we get nerfs?

Sorry to sound do negative, but this is getting so incredibly frustrating. MPS ARE THE WORST PROF IN AO RIGHT NOW. WE DON'T NEED NERFS WE NEED BIG BOOSTS.......
    Last edited by Camar; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:22:14.

The debuffs from other professions seem to get a big boost, whilst we get nerfed in them. NTs who never before had much to do with debuffing except for debuffing Nano Resist, suddenly are gonna debuff evades, initiatives, hell they are gonna debuff nanoskills the same as us now, since NSD cant be called anything like it anymore.

They never before had nanoskill buffs, now they do, whilst we stay the same.

Their deck actually uses their strength in attack rating. Whilst we again work with the lesser of the two skills we use.

To be very honest if u want to call it a deck, make sure to let it be one and use the nanoskills as the main factor with an added bonus from whatever u get from the bow itself

Running the calcs with requirements:

Nt Deck: Requirement for Nukes 3k MC, deck = 100% MC dependant ergo a minimum of 3k AR to land ur stuff, going to 3.4k because they will want to hit the highest nuke possible.

Mp Deck: Requirement for casting 2.5k TS, Requirement for wielding deck is 1500 of one of the three skills, Deck = 25% TS dependant and 100% on one of the three skills.

Mp Deck AR based on minimum: 1500+(.25*2500) = 2125

Now we know we can reach better so at the sacrifice of taking off some things in favour of nanoskills to cast and land things lets say we can reach 1700 Bow and 2600 Nanoskills

Mp Deck AR would be: 1700+(.25*2600) = 2350, now add the 250ish AAO we can get and u get to 2600 AR.

Now would this deck be 100% TS and 25% Bow then this whole thing looks different. Now we can totaly set up for nanoskills which would change the values a bit and Calculation as follows: Base requirements: 2500+(.25*1500) = 2875 +250 AAO = 3125 AR

With the added modifications we could potentially reach that 2700 Nanoskills but we will sacrifice all the way down to the minimum requirement of bow, which would mean: 2700+(.25*1500) = 3075 +250 AAO = 3325, now thats closer to that 3400 MC thing they were talking about in the NT document, but they still didnt add any AAO the NTs get.

Edit: Or that pet must be one heck of a beast just bashing everything so hard that it just scares ppl away so that we dont need to hit them with our decks at all
    Last edited by Metafly7; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:19:09.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    P.s.: Our NT dot resist ended up being kindaaaaa awesome O.o
    M-hm, only if they swap number 2 with 7, so it ends up with 75% resistance, instead of worthless 25%.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Just for accuracy:

The NTs always did have a -115 Nanoskills debuffing nuke.

And they did have an evades debuffing nuke before.

They had a variety of different AC debuffs including Lick of the Pest of course, but there are a few others that debuff different ACs for much lower values.

Plus they had a 4 nukes with a chance of a stun, which they've now lost.

They even had a tiny init debuffing nuke - but you can't really count that.

I can't say that I'm happy with the level and strength of the debuffs that the NTs now have. All of their debuffs - including the non-NanoBurst ones - seem to have 100% up-time availability again... it all does seem a little unfair.

On the question of the AR skills - it was often requested in these forums, that the attack skills should be 100% Weapon-skill and 25% nanoskill, to echo the AMEP attack skills. Part of the reasoning behind that, was so that the AR would count on a range of Perks, that wouldn't respond to low weapon-skill percentages. Those requests were from the very vocal PvP community here.

We can't really complain about FC giving us what the community clearly asked for... though we can obviously still campaign for further change.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:46:04.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    We can't really complain about FC giving us what the community clearly asked for.
    Ice nuke with root/snare/stun proc? Creation pistols? Useful creation weapons in general? Useful nukes? Useful debuffs? Double AS bow? Awesome pets?

Sorry, I see nothing except the last one and that being visual only. I'm so greatly disappointed and frustrated, especially after seeing what awesome stuff NTs gonna get.

I think I'm done with this game for good.

I thought I was pretty clear in saying that we got what we asked for in relation to the Attack Ratings on the creations. I wasn't saying that we generally got everything we asked for...

X

I thought I was pretty clear in saying that we got what we asked for in relation to the Attack Ratings on the creations. I wasn't saying that we generally got everything we asked for...
    And I believe we asked for more AR, as in, higher % based on our nano skills, instead of weapon skills, since we will do damage via nano based perks in the future anyways but, meh... :shrug:

I guess im wrong then... seeing that NT document tho i do also think ill keep posted on the changes to the nanodocuments to come, but without something significantly balanced im done with my Mp and therefor this game aswell. Maybe ill log in as a bufftotum sometimes untill the account runs out

Edit: Plus we go from being able to debuff -125 + -150 Nanoskills to one -300 debuff. NSD aside there. Whilst they go from -115 to -300

Edit2: Read some more about the NT changes and they arent expecting NTs to hit that 3.4k MC yet, but afaik 3k shouldnt be hard to break. Anyways it doesnt ease my mind much eitherway. U need to land things to be effective, AS was that reliable thing for offensive Mps because the rest could all be evaded if they had enough.
    Really unhappy about the debuffs we get compared to others. Go away with those immunities, we wont be nuts nuff to spend all our nano on debuffing whole armies of mobs
    Last edited by Metafly7; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 12:45:23.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

X
    We asked for that on 1hb and in discussions of what a creation bow may look like. We never asked for it on 2hb, since we do not have access to any perks that require a 2hb weapon. On 1hb and bow it allows access to blunt mastery and ranger, respectively.

Also, on the topic of the NT doc: Wtb their cyberdeck speed and damage template for our bows, definitely. But their debuffing power I think is being a bit overstated perhaps. The burst system will let them pick one debuff every 6 nukes (if they want full effect), and the debuffs are in the same line as other debuffs (notably the superior Doc initiative debuff line). Most of our debuffs can't have 100% uptime, but we can use all of them without locking the others out. On the whole, even with the nerfs, our debuffs will probably be stronger than theirs - particularly in pvp.

And we've got serious healing now and they don't.

Hmm okay i didnt read that out of the document, i thought it would work like how Malpractice works now.
    Tbh it always takes time to sink in how a document really is, i was initially overthetop excited about ours in the first day, while i read more and more it came down a little. So im overreacting with my comments but so far the NT document looks superior as to improvement than ours whilst we needed it more than they did
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

With current MP nanodoc, most of the Bow MPs who will stay playing will completely reset CoLA and Ranger to max Ancient Knowledge and Chaotic Assumption, making the whole idea of 100%Weap 25%TS useless.

I cannot blame FC for give us 100%Weap 25%TS on bows, but on 2hb and 1hb? Seriously! And also, I think I did ask for 100%Weap 25%TS on Tigress and CotX, not on creations.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its really hard to me admit it but MPS ARE THE WORST PROF IN AO.

Why we got nerfs? :x
    Why our creations is 2/2 3/3 while new NT nanodecks are 1/1
    Why make creations 100%Weap 25%TS if you are forcing us to forget weapon skills and twink nanoskills?
    Why all those immunities while everybody else didnt got it?
    Why Docs, Crats, Shades, NTs... can keep their debuff 100% of time in pvm and sometimes in pvp and we cant?
    Why we got 0 improvement in Web while NTs got in IOR?
    Why? Why? WHY?!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Lets not overlook that we're gaining 20% DtP, 2x the nuke power we have now (4x in short bursts), 4x the healing we have now, AOE mezz and better pets. NSD got nerfed hard and the DD debuffs nerfed slightly, but it's not like we gained nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Lets not overlook that we're gaining 20% DtP, 2x the nuke power we have now (4x in short bursts), 4x the healing we have now, AOE mezz and better pets. NSD got nerfed hard and the DD debuffs nerfed slightly, but it's not like we gained nothing .
    I'll still be killed by ONE Dust Brigade Commando in 3 seconds. Pretty frustrating.

Kinda doubt that. Hit Commando with the damage debuff and let Notum Scourge take agg, heal Notum Scourge, repeat .

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast