Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL duelling self buffed is silly

LOL duelling self buffed is silly

i been reading alot of threads about people complaining that they got owned in duel cause so and so is a lamer with outside buffs.

why do people duel? well, supposedly to practice for pvp wars in 2ho or at tar and MMD. last time i checked, NOBODY walks around in 2ho or MMD or at Tar self buffed. (well, some may but they usually are only there for a short time before they at reclaim)

ok, so you wanna practice for war and see what you can do right? well, if you aren't going to go to war self buffed, why would you practice that way? fight self buffed and you will have no idea what you can and cannot accomplish in an actuall "war".

i think all the people that fight self buffed and cry when they see that you aren't are the real lamers. do like everyone else silly, go get buffed then come back when you know what you're doing.

self buffed = reclaim, no way around it

anyone that just stands around arena and asks for self buffed duels in my eyes is not a real pvper. go to 2ho if you want to be a real pvper. if you get a title there, thats when it really counts.

Please, I totally disagree with you there.

Anyone that needs someone else's buffs to win a match is not a true pvper. But if you beat someone running on your own steam, then you really won that match and it shows that you can formulate your own strategy without the help of others. I only fight self buffed and I win 90% of my matches. Nanomage MP and Opi MA.

I guess to each his own, but I pvp to find the true power and potential of my character. Seems difficult to do that with essence, gargantuan health, rrf, gsf and mochams (well for the MA anyhoo) running. In fact, I'd go so far as to say outside buffed arena matches are make no sense.

2H0 and mmd are a different story. Those are warzones and all is fair in love and war, or so they say.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I totally agree, you wont see me anywhere in rubi-ka selfbuffed more than likely, I fight clanners and even omni all buffed up most of the time...

So when people say "nice TTS and MoP"

I say "yeah, cool buffs huh"

Hirum
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

TheDeacon

"Anyone that needs someone else's buffs to win a match is not a true pvper"

Dude, I have so, like, given you essence before, a bunch of times as a matter of fact.
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

Mega^|3io
    So, a person's PvP ability should be based on how politely s/he can ask for buffs?
    ~Chris

bah, fighting in the arena all outside buffed merely shows off your leet buff begging skills. What is the challenge in fighting with essence of garg, hack 'n quack, ncu buff, rrfe, superior omni med enhancement, mop, tts, mochams, personal notum harvester, ect ect ect

It's no different then having your own personal doc sit in 75% and heal you.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I dont duelfor practice, i just duel for sport or fun ( occasionally a vendetta)

Originally posted by Mega^|3io
    So, a person's PvP ability should be based on how politely s/he can ask for buffs?
    ~Chris
    yeah. I personally ALWAYS duel self buffed since I think that duels and war are two compleately different things. In war you want to win the enemy (in my case omni) using any means necessary. I mean everything is allowed in love and war. But when I duel I do it for fun and for a chance to se how well I do againt other ppl. I duel with honour and if I die I die, I dont run and hide. Also I always ask for a self buffed duel and I dont duel if the other player isnt slefbuffed.

Originally posted by Hirum
    TheDeacon

"Anyone that needs someone else's buffs to win a match is not a true pvper"

Dude, I have so, like, given you essence before, a bunch of times as a matter of fact.
    Dude, please don't lie. you gave me essence when? certainly not before a pvp match. In fact, I've never met you before and havent played very much as thedeacon in two months.

So I ask again, when exactly did you buff me and how come you're not on my list?

Besides, I used to spend a good deal of time at the tir arena. Back when the regulars were there, they all knew how I felt about outside buffing.

Back when thedeacon was pvping, which was at least 2 months ago, you were probably something like lvl 120ish or so, given that you're STILL lower lvl than thedeacon, who has been mostly inactive for a couple months. What essence could a lowbie enforcer possibly have that I would want? If I wanted outside buffs, why would I get your essence of titan or whatever when there are lvl 200 enforcers a'plenty in tir?

Oh, and one last little thing. You're omni and thedeacon is clan.
    whoops, bus-ted!

Dork. Could people get any more retarded?

EDIT: http://auno.org/ao/char.php?&name=hirum

Last time I dueled as the metaphysicist was sometime in early August. I've been working on the MA, trader and adventurer since then, except when I go to ace camp or build implants. Auno shows you being at or around level 75 back in early august. I'm sure your newbie essence was uber wasn't it? Think before you open your mouth and slander someone stupid
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 13th, 2002 at 20:20:04.

Gold2
    I personally see 2 different things here.

1. Mass pvp for a goal (big female or male dragon) against the other side.

2. Duel, to see how good you are at pvp.

If 2 people want to have a selfbuffed duel, I totally understand it.

exactly how many of you do team missions self buffed ?

If you want to see who is the better player, duel self buffed.

If you want to see who has the better social skills, duel outside buffed.

If you duel outside buffed in what is supposed to be a self buffed duel, then that is like Mike Tyson entering the ring with a 10 year old schoolboy. Sorta pointless, and proves nothing.

I recently dueled a Trader with Tarnas. I'm a total newbie to PvP (well, I accidentally ganked a guildie once O_o), so I was pretty happy to get this guy down to half health before I died. I was selfbuffed, and once I showed up at reclaim, I asked, "Were you selfbuffed? Just wondering." The reply? "No, I had +500 HP, I can't duel selfbuffed yet." Kinda leaves me wondering. You *can't*? What the hell kind of attitude is that? I can understand, "I wanna be ubar and kill teh newbs", but fighting buffed because you *can't* do it selfbuffed? Mind-boggling.

Self buffed fights often have random outcomes, this thread doesnt work.

Originally posted by firefly9
    Self buffed fights often have random outcomes, this thread doesnt work.
    Yeah. Self buffed every class might actually have a chance to beat every other class, we can't have that.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    I recently dueled a Trader with Tarnas. I'm a total newbie to PvP (well, I accidentally ganked a guildie once O_o), so I was pretty happy to get this guy down to half health before I died. I was selfbuffed, and once I showed up at reclaim, I asked, "Were you selfbuffed? Just wondering." The reply? "No, I had +500 HP, I can't duel selfbuffed yet." Kinda leaves me wondering. You *can't*? What the hell kind of attitude is that? I can understand, "I wanna be ubar and kill teh newbs", but fighting buffed because you *can't* do it selfbuffed? Mind-boggling.
    Look at the general AO population, their favorite word is "can't".
    from day 1, it's "I can't figure it out"
    "I can't make money"
    "I can't solo"
    "I can't get a team"
    "I can't beat <insert profession here>"
    "I can't fight self buffed"
    "I can't beat the new uber mob"

Christ, AO is THE easiest mmorpg on the market. Imagine life without your yahlm, reclaim terminal, whompa, grid, fixer grid and you have something like EQ where you have to loot your own corpse and run everywhere. AO is designed to simplify alot of things and as such, we get alot more simple-minded people playing AO. People that want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Everyone wants their class/breed to be superior to everyone else, uber items that nobody has to work for, yadda yadda yawn puke.

Look at the guy that says "Self buffed fights have random outcomes, this thread doesn't work". OMG, you mean I have to use STRATEGY to beat an opponent??? PERISH THE THOUGHT!

That's the kind of crap I'm talking about. If you lose in pvp they "roxxored your boxxors", and if you win, then you were a 'sploiter and outside buffed. Arena pvp means nothing because of the spoiled brats. The Notum wars booster is actually sounding more and more promising and is a big reason that I'm still lvling all my chars.

the sad part is that the first few months will be filled with more dorks trying to exploit the system by creating a massive guild with 3000 members and dominating everyone in sight. Just watch, it'll happen. then Funcom will impose a nerf to stop the exploiters, say a guild member cap, folks will start cursing funcom's existence and then we're right back to where we are right now. Funcom is the devil and the players (who whine and exploit their way to the top) are the innocent victims of it all.

*sigh*

Back to bs missions

i think

i think your missing the point. there is bacily 2 types of pvp that goes on,
    the duel type, mano y mano, class vs. class, me agienst you. and that the way we enter the fight, me and my buffs agienst you and your buffs, not me and my friends mochams vs you and your friends HoT. you normaly find these types in places like tir arena and on the edges of mmd where the fight can be aranged, the partys can looks each over as much as possable to try to find some semblance of a fair and challanging fight (even though their is rarly such a thing on rubi-ka), and step out to a 705 zone to keep any other than desired influences. does it matter that one is relly self buffed ? it does to the persons fighting because as of yet there is no way to tell if the person on the other side of your gun is relly self buffed or has a uber buff from a person 50+ lvls above both of you making it in now way possable under normal circumstances to win, and the idea of a (*cough*) fair fight is lost because their will always be those who wont tell the truth for a few more pvp points.

the war type, the 2ho and middle mmd type, no questions asked, no /bow before the fight, just clanner vs omni, if you step into these areas with out outside buffs, dont expect to live long, because the Ps and Qs of a 'duel' dont apply, this is war, and all that matters is who is the last one standing, not nessarly who relly is better.

there are a few who say thay practice for team pvp in the areanas, when the booster pack i hope they still practice that way, for they will be the first to die.

but that doesent mean we shouldent have an item that allows for a one on one fight with no question of outside buffs. cuz its the rules of the people in the duel, not just the rules of the 0% zone that counts

my previous post is directed at garzini and not thedeacon

pvp self buffed?

God forbid professions to have meaning...this thread is stupid :P
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Mega^|3io
    Yea.. I hate it when you actually have to use stratagy to beat someone.. nerf nerf nerf!
    ~Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast