Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOL duelling self buffed is silly

My Story

So here we go. My character is Compost. I quickly learned that PvP just isn't my game. After playing Compost for several months, I decided that I wanted a direct damage dealer character. My friend is Steroidjerk, and I like the enf action. So, I made Terangreal. Never really did the PvP thing though.

Finally I decided that I wanted to PvP, so I made Shibbey. I twinked myself out at level 30 and got buffs from anyone I could to help. Got my freshman title and moved on. Now, if I PvP, it is self-buffed. Just because the pain of getting the buffs isn't worth it.

Now, would I take a buff if someone offers? I sure as hell would.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

Selfbuffed duels are fun, but I wouldn't PvP in Camelot/2ho selfbuffed..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Hmm, I have mixed feelings about this. Selfbuffed duels in arenas may work and can be fun sometimes, but going selfbuffed into a 25% zone just gets you killed. Personally I never ever even step out into 25% unless I have at least behemoth and MoP running, but usually I have much more stuff in my NCU.

There is one thing that bothers me with selfbuffed though. Different professions have very different buffs to offer. Those that are more combat oriented, have very good offensive and deffensive buffs, others have great nano skill buffs/debuffs, yet others have trade skills buffs. Every profession has its strengths and weaknesses and I've always felt that one uses outside buffs form other professions to equal things out.. make it more fair.

I mean take a duel Enf vs NT and make it selfbuffed... I'd say enforcer would have about 99% chances of wining. Or take a Doctor without HE/Crunch and a MoP running. Sure doctor has good HP and can heal, but can he/she actually do any considerable damage without a crit buff running? Without HE/crunch doctor can't heal forever either, so it's just a matter of time before his/her nanopool runs out and then.. dead doctor.

On the other hand I think everyone has a personal list of buffs that are 'must have' and are 'good to have'. As long as you boost your HP a little and have slightly boosted offense/deffense it's allright by me. Though if someone asks you for a *duel* and you say: "sure, brb", go find a fixer for NCU buff and then ask every person you see for buffs.. it's kind of lame .

just my views on this.. .

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Atleast 1 hp buff (essence or doc hp) and RRF is almost a must in 25% zones, very rare that I don't have RRF, essence, doc hp and fixer speed buff on when I go to Camelot/2ho
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

yeah

self buffed is fun
    but for pvp wars you can't go self buff since noone else does
    funny is that i found that out the hard way hehe
    was running around 2ho self buffed and about 10+ clanners have me targeted lol
    i'm sure they were happy they got me i lost my apprentice there after just getting it at tir arena b4 so
    but i managed did a self buff duel that night and got it back

yes i am not a title hugger nor do i team just to gank or gain points at arena or pvp zone
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

well.

For arena dueling... You SHOULD fight self buffed. But no one does, so if you do, your gonna get your ass handed to you most of the time. Of course we all SAY we are self buffed of course. But thats a lie 90% of the time.

2h0/mmd/Cam... If you dont buff up to the gills, your nor going to lastr long, and ill see you at reclaim.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Agreed!

all the lil twinks there say they are so much self buffed when they are like almost twice your size, with tell tale light from ess, mark or HE on them..or like a Trader with shimmering light from a Shield nano, and they still claim they are selfbuffed?? i meen HELLO!?!?
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

stupid

If everyone dueled self buffed then traders would own even more than they already do and people would cry about it even more than they already do.

JD

Gawd it makes me lmao when retards cry about others using outside buffs. Hey nimwits there is ZERO tactics in pushing q pushing 1-0 for debuffs heals etc. Pvp is won or lost from preperation. If you have xxx NCU and you don't fill it you lose THE END! You come unprepaired that's you're own dumbass fault. If youre to freaking retarded to know which buffs will best aid your purpose be it pvp or pvm you should go play MS Hearts or something.

Originally posted by AstroCreep2k
    Gawd it makes me lmao when retards cry about others using outside buffs. Hey nimwits there is ZERO tactics in pushing q pushing 1-0 for debuffs heals etc. Pvp is won or lost from preperation. If you have xxx NCU and you don't fill it you lose THE END! You come unprepaired that's you're own dumbass fault. If youre to freaking retarded to know which buffs will best aid your purpose be it pvp or pvm you should go play MS Hearts or something.
    Looks like someone had an extra helping of B**chy Flakes (TM) this morning. I dunno, maybe try being constructive or shut the hell up before you call everyone here retards (which btw is a horribly offensive word)?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

is this really such a big deal?

Is this really such a big deal? If you think someone is outside buffed and you are against that, dont duel them. If he lies to you and says he isnt, but you come to find out he was, dont ever duel him again. All the name calling and people trash talking each other at the arena about being self buffed or not is just plain silly.
    Its become a big excuse to people to use when they lose a duel
    "No way he couldve beat me, so he mustve been outside buffed" I would love to see the arena become a whine free zone (small chance of that every happening I know) and just have all the people who self buff and the people that dont ignore each other. For the most part people are very good about telling you if you are selfbuffed or not, I think I have 1 duel out of ten where I think someone MIGHT be lying.

Well, I guess the reason for duelling in arena is established to be training. But why train with all the aid possible, when you will have no risk whatsoever? How, exactly, will that help you further your skills?

I, myself, duel selfbuffed at arena. I do this to learn my class abilites, my strengths and weaknesses. When in 2h0, I get all the buffs my ncu's can hold. Why? Because I'm not training anymore, I'm at war with an enemy.

The No. 1 reason people are mad about outside buffs at arena, is that, well, to be honest, they don't wanna lose points. ;p
    If you want a selfbuffed duel, ask, if you can see they have one, let them know that you would like them to remove it. If they lie, and you cannot tell if they have it, it's mainly your own fault :P (although HoT's are hard to notice, I know )

My point is, train to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your class, fight with all you can get.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Yeah. Self buffed every class might actually have a chance to beat every other class, we can't have that.
    I think you mis-understood.

Im saying that fights always have random outcomes, I didnt say to nerf anything.

Self buffed, and outside buffed, a fight will harldy be the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12