Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - March 18th, 2011: Pretty Pictures Of Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by butsut3kkai View Post
    pretty disapointed by the new look of beast armor...where s the flesh under metal ??? Bio mecha became simple lights
    qft
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

PRETTIER PICTURE OF STUFF

http://washu.co.uk/misc/beastarmourfixed.jpg

*Bows*
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    And now we are the only nanodoc that will be with profs for apreciation for 2 weeks instead of 1.
    Again, most nano docs are with the Professionals for at least two weeks before hitting the public. Please stop posting this all over the forums and making me correct you. =P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Again, most nano docs are with the Professionals for at least two weeks before hitting the public. Please stop posting this all over the forums and making me correct you. =P
    Damn, you answered so nice that I cant be angry with you. Pff bastard!
    Now gimme teh doc! <3

P.s.: But I'm still pretty sure the other docs came a week after Means said "We gave the doc to profs for avaliation" Damn. I should read MP forum before come here >.<
    Last edited by lainbr; Mar 18th, 2011 at 21:02:49.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryqz View Post
    PRETTIER PICTURE OF STUFF

http://washu.co.uk/misc/beastarmourfixed.jpg

*Bows*

Way better it s still a little to shiny but it doesn t looks like a doc armor too much anymore
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

Nice piccies wtb more while we wait
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Looking good

Think we all appreciate seeing the progress.

Niggling details: the hat on that last character seemed a bit too linear, two dimensional. Also, on the buildings - which look very good - the surfaces don't look varied, weathered in a unique fashion. It would add a lot to go over the structures after they're completed and create little touches of unique weathering/damage/repairs... especially on the windward side or something.

The 'screen' shot looks awesome and sort of surreal which really lends itself to the OT cities - like fake images of arboreal beauty... in keeping with the old "Omni tech is your friend" but not so much in your face. It's like pictures of a forest pressed around a hamster cage to mollify the critters.

Speaking of which, here's a theme for an OT Poster: "Relax, Make Babies." Creepy, invasive, inhuman: OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Hi Kin.

One thing popping into my mind as i read this FwoM : geez, this is (endly) the first worth-mentionning Fw(o)M within (like 6 or close ...) monthes !
    Not that i'd denigrate stuff like interviews (always containing worthy stuff) or any community stuff (like Sez 3D textures or irl/ig events). But we endly see some productions that are giving a bare preview of new engine & prooving work isn't just "postponed" instead of going "forward".

We want to see this kind of stuff. No : we, people, players NEED it in order to be able to believe AO can survive its 10th anniversary. So please, feel free to show some things like this as they come, even software-rendered, as it's cheering up to watch at. Most stuff are looking nice, really.

Just one negative comment on what i can see on these pictures : the leaves on tree pictures look the same than now ; hope they can be improved as recent engines made a gigantic step into vegetal modeling/rendering. Feedback given, thanx for posting those, hope we see more soon.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    keep the shinies coming and the trolls will melt away
    I have my doubts.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Any kind of that type of oddness you might see in the images is mostly an issue with the previewer - While it does show the asset in roughly the same way as it'll look in the actual client, there are a few things it doesn't do (multiple light sources, that sorta thing) which are an important part of the process of a new mesh looking "good" (lighting counts for way, way more than you'd imagine in this sort of thing).

So this is just sort of a quick, sneak-preview of the models as they stand - They won't look quite as washed out as they do in the previewer. =)
    Cool always awesome you guys do let us in on the development process, the beast armor is lacking that dark feel to it and the shadows would play into that hugely, it's just insane seeing AO go from what it is to having all these options available. I'm sure you guys will be having a very fun time getting it all stamped out, but that is sure to be a lengthy process (hopefully can be done over time so we can get to the shineys faster).
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

I was abit puzzled but i think i have figured it out.. Those screens lack bumpmapping and AA dont they? -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Now with all the obvious time and effort into creating new textures and revamping old ones, what are the chances of the new engine being vaporware or Means/Devs lying to us?.... let me ask Calculeet to do the numbers, a minute please....

Uh huh... really?

Ok my Calculeet just told me, and I quote: "Slim to none". There are your odds ladies and gentlemen. It's coming, this year, not so sure on odds for Q1 beta, but Calculeet has fallen asleep and not gonna wake him up, he is cranky when someone interrupts his nap.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Q1 Beta is almost impossible this would mean within the next 2 Weeks,l and in this case we would have been provided with more infos

But yeah who cares as long as we get beta client before birthday and are able to play with beta client on normal servers hrhr

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Now with all the obvious time and effort into creating new textures and revamping old ones, what are the chances of the new engine being vaporware or Means/Devs lying to us?.... let me ask Calculeet to do the numbers, a minute please....

Uh huh... really?
    Check out this sweet joystick I designed its for a spaceship I will show you at a later date.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

They're probably just pictures they dug up from AO's initial development.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm thinking it would be wonderful if the launch of the new engine could sync up with the 10th anniversary party. They could invite some of the industry mags, or online blog sites to send in the reporters. It would be awesome! and I believe it could all fall in place for June 24/25th.

Cheers!

Oh, and I'm an optimist, I truly believe I can fly. It's the duration of the flight that is questionable. :P
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    I'm thinking it would be wonderful if the launch of the new engine could sync up with the 10th anniversary party. They could invite some of the industry mags, or online blog sites to send in the reporters. It would be awesome! and I believe it could all fall in place for June 24/25th.

Cheers!

Oh, and I'm an optimist, I truly believe I can fly. It's the duration of the flight that is questionable. :P
    i think, thats what kintaii mentioned as he said, its a 2 edged sword.
    on one hand you have it running at one point, but you could do better with this and that.

One thing bugs me like never before: what about Sci-Fi story with Omni vs Clans? My impression of the game is, despite I love missions, quest linked with base storyline (killing OT, posters propaganda in mission subway, ect.) that currently is all about ding as fast as possible, and then gather all stuff, and then... say its all boring. What I exacly mean, all old dogs have it all and after reaching end lvls, game has only to offer NW (which is dead comparing to old days) and lots of camping, to be able to camp even more.

I would like to see (wet wish, I must say) some mission-like encounters, involwing teams and solo play, to work for you side, gaining money by this (not much, but lets say, 2M per assigment) or something else, linked with base game desing.

I was drown to AO by propaganda: I hated OT and that one make me want fight EVIL ones! Now, I see game went wrong direction, and whole OTvsClan was bashed out.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    One thing bugs me like never before: what about Sci-Fi story with Omni vs Clans? My impression of the game is, despite I love missions, quest linked with base storyline (killing OT, posters propaganda in mission subway, ect.) that currently is all about ding as fast as possible, and then gather all stuff, and then... say its all boring. What I exacly mean, all old dogs have it all and after reaching end lvls, game has only to offer NW (which is dead comparing to old days) and lots of camping, to be able to camp even more.

I would like to see (wet wish, I must say) some mission-like encounters, involwing teams and solo play, to work for you side, gaining money by this (not much, but lets say, 2M per assigment) or something else, linked with base game desing.

I was drown to AO by propaganda: I hated OT and that one make me want fight EVIL ones! Now, I see game went wrong direction, and whole OTvsClan was bashed out.
    Yes! It is time to get rid of those dirty terrorist that kill innocent citizens, place bombs, destroy cities, steal and disturb the peace. I remember the old times where you could walk from your office in omni-1 to take the ferry to have some leisure in omni-ent, kids could play in the parks alone not fearing random bombing, assaults or hijack. Remember history, for hundreds of years the benefits from the mines where used to get a good pay for the notum miners and their families while now they have to be expent in heavy security. That was life.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast