Thread: teleporting mobs

teleporting mobs

I honestly thought this had been fixed a few patches back, but when I was out hunting for some rookie dogtags, i got aggroed by a blubbag at a higher level than me.

So doing the logical thing with my ultra-high (for my level) run speed (plus run buffs) - headed for the hills, watching my health go down and the blubbag's radar dot getting further and further away. (as an aside, I also had a rookie OT guy chasing me).

Then, suddenly, both mobs teleported through a hill I'd just run over (according to the radar they were on the other side of it) and kept attacking me.

So despite having a much higher run speed and *RUNNING AWAY NOT ATTACKING* they teleported after me and I died.

Remember: I WAS RUNNING AWAY NOT ATTACKING. I really really really REALLY wish you could turn of auto-attack - i don;t like it, never have and have broken many an ESC key trying to NOT attack a mob.

So i guess this wasn't fixed after all, nor was the "attack a player over an unrealistic distance" bug.

you can turn off auto attack.

~aqua

that must be a new function then - i've never been able to not attack a mob if it attacks me.

Annoying

What you're looking for is in Options - Misc, right at the bottom of the list.

But please Funcom, please fix this thing. I want my run speed to make a difference please, thank you. I'm an adventurer so have been putting points into run speed as often as I could, its green after all, now I'm flying along in Wailing Wastes and get attacked by a bunch of red con hyena beasts. I'm in bird form so I have 390 run speed, I have auto attack off so I don't get into a fight, so I keep rushing off. I outpace them, I think great, I'm safe. Then suddenly all 6 of them warp onto me and start attacking again. I escape, same thing happens again, until I finally die.

What is wrong with running from a fight? Actually, whats wrong with running from a mob, turning and shooting it, then running some more? They called it kiting in EverQuest. If you can outpace a mob, then you should be able to do just that. Its a good way for hunters to work, shoot an arrow/bullet into something then run for safety before firing a few more shots.

Please fix this, before I end up resetting my run speed points.

Very Annoying!

This has been happening alot to me lately and it's driving ( literally! ) me nuts.

I spent exp raising Nav ground and run speed, and money to get my Kodaik so I didn't have to worry about being run down and killed by mobs on my way to and from missions, and now this BS!

Should a Blubbag be able to catch me in my Kodaik and a run speed of 454??? and when I do manage to get away have it teleport in front of me???

I agree, Please fix this terrible bug. No way should groups / packs of mob's warp from great distances and continue a damage spam attack against players.

Conspiracy theory one : Game developers didn't like players rushing the boss and killing it, then running off without having to kill the minions. The *fix was to make the Dynacamp minion mobs chase after a player regardless of his / her runspeed skill.

Regular non boss/minion models are warping through game geometry also.

Lokgen RK2

Agreed, very annoying

I have seen this too much, and watched it happen to other people. Its frustrating not knowing how far to have to run to finally get out of their range.

(((((please dont read this next part and think that i am supporting the way it is, but rather this is the attitude that I think is prevelent among the designers, and hard core rpg'rs out there (((((i am not a hardcore rpgr, i do have dragon dice, but dont think it should be a governing lame bottom excuse))))))->what some would say: The RPG world is based on the logic of chance and probability. Your avatars are general representations of what is happening in the numbers game. While the MOB appears that he is warping to you he actually has been on your tail ever since you started warping, the gui interface is not as accurate as numbers game. Remember all is secondary to that numbers game, and you should probably have your dice, a slide ruler and alot of paper with you while playing to make sure this does not happen again. We are trying to fix the gui as fast as we can, but the game, the numbers game is working correctly, so we dont want to break that at this time for some wimpy gui representation of the real stuff)))))))))
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Exclamation

I started an agent alt. While in the OT newbie area, I used Aimed Shot on some monsters that were at the rifle's maximum range. Right after getting the message , "You hit xxxx for yyyy points of Aimed Shot damage", the monster I was fighting basically teleported to my location. In other words, when I used my Aimed Shot, the monster was apparently 30 yards away. One second later, it was right next to me. It couldn't have been the monster's run speed, since we're talking about level 1 monsters here.

This happened a bunch of times (but not every time), and my ping was very low (like around 20-40). Server desynch? MOBs cheat? All the above? You decide.

(Edit: removed angry comment).
    Last edited by Inyuendo; Oct 28th, 2002 at 07:11:35.

Unhappy

Think this is known about, I've been used by the Bughunter's over on test for target practice to check teleporting MOBs...

But I agree, if FC really want outdoor hunting, fix this...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

This one is a pain I think it was to do with the way they tried to fix pet pathing by letting pets warp. I play a fixer and an mp, pet pathing still sucks and pets still get stuck but to add insult to injury now mobs can somtimes warp onto my fixer during a blitz.

Ouch Ouch get it off me !!!

One of the worst ones i saw was when i was kiting one of the droids in the dogda quest, had a -910 runspeed snare on him and every time the server decided I was too far from him WARP. The snare was still working as once he warped he was back to slow motion. Rather annoying really. :/

I agree, this began happening at about the same time pets began warping to you, I think I even mentioned it to the BH's at the time. It's still happening atm, more a sort of rubber-band effect where the MOB moves very rapidly to you.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

B U M P ! ! !

Fix this freakin' bug.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

bump.
    When i attack swimming mobs (not fishes), they teleports right to me, no matter how far they was swim. It isn't VERY annoying, i just don't like this kind of ****.

Well as for everyone this happend to me to. but also in reverse mode. when i was running i got some funny teleportation right back into all the mobs and there i died ! i sugest FC removes the aka mortal combat scorpion GET OVER HERE style in theire game !

Fix the bug

I am a Fixer with over 400 runspeed I assume that in game terms that's about 400 steps per min or something like that or maybe meters, Anyway, If my attack range is only about 15-20 meters with a Kerans then how can a mob with melee damage keep hitting me when i'm running like a bat from hell away from it???
    I can't attack it till it get's close to me, but it still does damage while its running to me and while i'm running away?????

Mobs shouldn't cheat by warping on us.
    This would tremendously help players to get out of missions and breath RK atmosphere !

This bug is very very annoying, please have a look at it.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)