Trader: 300k damage (I think or a little less) lvl 175
    MP: 100k damage lvl 183
    Cacodemon: 34k damage... lvl 189

That must have been either
    a.one hell of a gimped trader
    b.a trader that was busy popping chests all the time
    c.a trader that was having three conversations during that mission
    d. a trader usually out of yr damage spam range

very, very, very low damage output for a trader compared to what I usually see them do in a mission.

Originally posted by Jamespond
    OOOPS that WAS A BIG MISTAKE Enforcer damage was 475k damage...

Im very sorry about that one
    edit your original post as well please, we have enough people crying nerf on ma's/enforcers as it is.

Oh btw... why shouldnt I do more damage or the same as a Trader???

Info on the Trader: Weak fields
    All combat

It dosent say that on the MP...

Whats wrong though is that the Trader cant do what he was supposed too... like the MP...

So traders need some luving in form of tradeskills
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Whitesand

@Hayake I'll tell you next time - would be interessting to see our both damage outputs in missions. Also would be interessting how well we can handle missions. With tms/omhh or with uvc/healing/fear. etc.
    oki (btw the MA fear nano's are worthless, they work like 1 time in twenty )

Go to bed Hay. :P

This game is not very dynamic or deep or rich in terms of gameplay. When I look at a prof and what they can do, I look at them in combat. We all have buffs to give each other.

Now, in combat, a soldier can shoot and tms. That's about it. You need love. Badly.

In response to Blackwing, our 'best' nanos are the ones no mp ever uses. Creation weapons. And as James pointed out, our nanos are actually scaled differently then yours. In combat, we can deal damage. And stun. That's it. I do not consider a heal on a 9sec recycle worse then an ma heal, healing. I consider it a hot. MP, to me, is suppose to deal a lot of damage. We sure as hell don't have roots/mezzes/uber heals in its place. But unlike you soldiers, we really don't need anything NEW, other then higher AR on our pets. We need what we have FIXED, so we can reach our potential. That's it. Now let's stop this silly mp vs soldier argument. They are completely unrelated issues.

I've also heard of the new soldier buffs. From what I understand, they require 800+ in nano skill for 10 extra points to a weap skill. I do hope you soldiers are getting more then that. And I hope you soldiers can stop feeling sorry for yourselves long enough to make sure Funcom knows that buffs like that are absolute crap.
    Last edited by Zylina; Oct 16th, 2002 at 03:35:27.

Originally posted by Hayake

That must have been either
    a.one hell of a gimped trader
    b.a trader that was busy popping chests all the time
    c.a trader that was having three conversations during that mission
    d. a trader usually out of yr damage spam range

very, very, very low damage output for a trader compared to what I usually see them do in a mission.
    He is a Trader after my heart he actaully do tradeskills

Well he didnt use his normal weapon.. But this weapon finished me of in 3 hits in the arena later.. LOL i told him not to kill me just a few shots... and I dont have gimped evades
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Jamespond
    Erm yes I can see its been a long time since u played ur MP....
    First of all MPs DONT have 3 pets... how many MPs have u seen use 3 pets?? the mezz pet dont work and if use it in its current form, it will for sure kill u... it makes the mobs just standing and looking, so u think its mezzed... but they still hit u and u die...
    That you don't use your 3rd pet, that's up to you. I use it and have learned to use it with my lowbie.

TMS doesn't make me invulnerable either, in fact against some mobs it just make me last a bit longer (or delay the inevitable), but in the end I just die all the same.

Mezz works that way even on your trader. You mezz and you see them struggle and they just gotta take one more hit from you. It's a sync bug. Your client thinks the mob is mezzed, but the server know that it isn't. By the time the server catches on and sets it mezzed, your client still haven't gotten the message that it is mezzed and it takes one more shot. If you have bracers / reflect / damage shield the mezz wears off and you have to start over.

What would u say if ur Gun got stuck?
    Well I don't have a stuck gun, because the soldier is holding his pet in his had. There nothing to compare. Pet pathing stinks, but that doesn't mean that soldiers are that much better. If pet pathing were better you wouldn't be better would you ? Just more efficient, that's all. You would get through the room faster.

okay I agree my weapon skills is supposed to be weak I knew that... BUT! I also knew that I would have a strong pet, and that aint happening...
    You're supposed to have 3 means of damage. But you are forgetting one thing. You are not a combat class. Your debuffs should be accounted for when it comes to damage. Since Soldiers have no other means of damage, no means of debuffing and only protection from damage and pure damage, the damage we do should be considerably higher than those who have other ways of fighting.

If you think MPs are so much worse off than a soldier, then try one, level up to 150+ and pvp.

So u are strong with weapons, and im strong with my pet, yet there is a difference of 600 on ur gun and my pets attack rating...

Now I do crap damage but I always get the aggro from my pet, it wasnt supposed to be like that READ: 2.7k HP a lvl 200 as nanomage MP....
    If you as level 200 have 2.7k hp, then you can't have the 1k tokenboard, then you can't possibly have anything that adds to life at all. My soldier has now 6k hp, that is with 1k tokenboard, almost a full set of MK II armor and fully implanted life implants.

So either you must be joking or you have totally gimped yourself. And that is no excuse for coming here and saying 'oh I'm a MP and I want some loving too'

Let my pet tank and do damage again nad I will be happy...

And btw I cant always terminate my pet... u have to use the /pet terminate command 100 times or so before they get killed and u can make a new one... sometimes u are lucky, and then u might survive...
    Yep you have pet as tanks, when I solo I have myself, a mediocre healing and my TMS. I have nothing else. If I use tms I take off my previous deflect and can't heal myself. So no, the TMS isn't always a life saver, sometimes it's a gamble.

ehm... okay MK is a life saver for the soldier... CoC is a lifesaver for the MP.... Well lets see why did MK get nerfed? oh yeah it was those lvl 20 soldiers killing the juggernaut.... anyways u can still use ur MK shield and then u only take 25% damage...
    I do take 25% damage, but when you can't kill an enemy within the effect of TMS, what good is it then ?

TMS got nerfed because many people used it to level on mobs that were much higher level and because people complained about it. I don't see anything wrong with that. The reason why CoC was nerfed is because of misuse. NTs, MPs and Agents abused their stun, since they could chain stun nobody could attack back. If you think that being able to chain stun someone is causing balance, then think again.

Okay i have my stun CoC... if I use it I cant use any nukes for 10 secs... but the nerf on this is not like the MK shield nerf... U can still use MK shield on boss mobs and the new outdoor mobs cant u?

CoC is nerfed in that way, that when i execute it.. it tells me that my target is immune to it... So I have nothing to save me...
    Ok, and that doesn't tell you that FC thought that they made stuns a little too powerful ? Stuns makes the target unable to move, unable to attack and unable to cast nanos.

It's the same with soldiers, do you know HOW many times we miss on a mob ? I guess not. A team of 8 tried to take out the obedience inspector the other day. I missed at least 2 out of 4 shots. Do you know who tanked it ? Not me a fixer with GA, an adventurer and a MA.

And why didn't I tank you ask, I didn't do enough damage.

all I can say is... DIVESTED... anyways this really cant be a problem to u... u should have -4000 nanoskills by the time I nsd u... unlike trader debuffs and doctor debuff, NSD takes 9 sec to cast.. this is usefull on fixers and docs...

BTW u are gimped with -200 nanoskills aswell as -2000... I would prefer a -200 that I could instacast...
    I'll tell you one thing, nanoshutdown is worse for any class. With -200 to nanoskills I can still cast MK. With NSD I can't use any nanos.

Tell me that docs and traders rather prefer NSD instead of -348 to skills.

I did make a comparison between MP and soldiers, but that doesn't mean I was comparing those two v.s. eachother.

Yeah but u can raise ur evade skills more than us...
    I can, still doesn't explain why you got a better one, would it make sense if soldiers get +200 Nanoresist buff ? I guess it wouldn't.

Yup my nukes arent that good, even though NTs thinks that... but it is my best damage... and that is NOT good!
    Then again you are not a pure damage dealing class.

Well a lvl 50 MP and a lvl 150+ MP isnt the same...
    Did u know that I have used the same nanos and same pets since lvl 125? and unlike ur Gun my pets attackrating doesnt get any better from there... Well a RM enforcer can easily kill a Demon, and the only way to solo so high ql missions is by being a coward and run to the zone all the time... I dont even see the point in soloing ql 200+ missions... it takes too long... and i bet u can blitz this mission better than a MP...
    Forget that I ever mentioned my lowbie MP, that wasn't the point. The point is, you can solo from day 1, end of discussion. A soldier can't. But I don't care, not the reason why I made a soldier in the first place. The reason why I made one was to deal damage. How many other classes do you know that has only 3 features ? And not a single debuff or anything to affect your opponent what so ever ?

Yup I love my heal pet...
    Again mezz pet is even more broken than pets in general...
    Yup 3 ways of damage... now If just 1 of them was decent damage at my lvl...
    well maybe 2 damage sources only... since pet doesnt find target before its dead... or is rooted in the middle of 2ho... plz dont compare this with an enforcer or MA... they can break roots, pets cant... pets dont even hit in PVP at my lvl...
    On my trader I could use my best nanos at level 102, so I don't see your point. That you can use your level 200 pet at level 125 tells me this game is so unbalanced that they should remove your infuse nanos they introduced. Although I won't suggest it.

Thats exactly why I play Soldier... atleast u arent broken... just needs more stuff...

MPs have the stuff they need until lvl 125... from that day ur MP is doomed....
    Now tell me, what's the difference of being broken and need more 'stuff' ?

Do you think we need more stuff because we're so balanced ? I mean come on, this is a class that has only items to rely upon.

We have no nanos that help a great deal other than raising attack rating and making sure we aren't OE. Attackrating helps just so and so much. On a level 200 mob and if I had 1500+ attackrating I still would miss a great deal.

The only thing I can see that MPs have the biggest problem with is pet pathing. But engineers and crats have the same problem. And believe me, engies need a fix far more than MPs do.

Do u really think thats okay??

there are 10 times as many lvl 200 soldiers as MPs...
    Lol have you seen how many traders there are ? And MAs and NTs etc...

Basing a profession upon how many players there are on each profession are the dumbest argument I've heard in a long time.

And another thing... How come each time someone starts a post like this a selfish guy with an attitude comes in and claims his own case. Why is this ? I mean come on start your own and maybe people will listen and don't think you're a moron with an attitude.

NTs did that, it was a WOW effect, but they finally got the mojo running and started their own thread. (A long time ago, but that was historical on these boards).

And I don't see what others get out of not supporting someone because boohoo I am worse off than you are type of attitude. If you don't, start a constructive thread without lying through your teeths.
    Last edited by Sjoko; Oct 16th, 2002 at 13:16:00.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    But unlike you soldiers, we really don't need anything NEW, other then higher AR on our pets. We need what we have FIXED, so we can reach our potential. That's it. Now let's stop this silly mp vs soldier argument. They are completely unrelated issues.
    I agree. But that goes for all the pet professions.

I'm glad to see that there is in fact an MP with some senses out there.

About being ignorant, I'm not I believe. Like I said to James forget that I even mentioned my lowbie MP, that wasn't the point at all.

I've fought for a long long loooong time now to get Soldiers improved, it never happens and you get frustrated. Cause FC don't see what's wrong with the profession. But when you see that a profession with a smurf suit does a better job at almost everything you start to wonder, and a soldiers key ponts were what ?

You see other professions that are more masters of ranged combat than a soldier and you start thinking, what was we ever master at again ? I mean you have adventurers, the jack-of-all-traits who became the masters of pistol, I mean huh ? So now you can see soldiers as jack of all weapon skills but master none. Except AR and RE. Wheee.

And the new buffs are a joke, I mean which soldier can ever get 959 to psy mod and sense imp ? So I'm kinda wondering, what drugs are FC currently on? Or who have paid them a lot of money to spit on the soldier class...

I think BGates is playing a fixer or MA and hate soldiers as much as Foxter does (if not more) and paid FC a lot of money just to let us down again and again.
    Last edited by Sjoko; Oct 16th, 2002 at 13:18:34.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Talking that is my point

mps do not need anything fancy new indeed.

once pets work as intended (ie are with you and attack what you command in about the time it takes a gun user to turn and fire) then they would do fine.

pets do not and thus you lose - damn!

but so does the crat and the engineer, it is not a META problem.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I read like pages 1-3. Jamespond if soldiers are so uber why is it that you will never find a soldier in this game that can kill your demon befor the soldier dies. You got a heal pet you can put on your demon, You can have a weapon as well so double the dmg on us soldiers. I Soloed a Demon 1 time and I won I had 6.4k hp at lvl 140. Now I tryed again however with heal pet on the demon. Wel to my surprise Demon = 3/4HP Left me = none with TMS X running. Goes to show you that your demon + you attacking one mob is alot safer and easier than a soldier with just TMS.

Also I have a 139 Engineer. Name 1 thing Engi's have that is better than an MP. Most likly there isnt nothing that anyone can mention so MPs can hold there horses on a fix they still kick most peoples butts in pvp and pvm. Let Engis, and us soldiers get our fix. Cause in the long run you know we will all need a fix again and it isnt the players faults it is FC's with the nerfing. If the would just for once leave all classes where they are and tweak the others to fit would be best. In my opinion the list below should be the order of power between classes.

Soldiers / Enforcer
    Hence there names therefor they should be the top 2. My main is a 140 soldier. reason he is lower lvl to my agent is for the simple reason of gimpness. I in no way feel that badly gimped but as I read these I started to realize most of these soldiers are right. I can't hold ago, I can't solo mission without havning to sit after every kill for 2 min to wait out TMS, and I can't cast any of the nanos I would like due to a lack of nano skills. Riot Control lvl 126 nano most soldiers cant cast till lvl 160-170+ however my Agent has been casting it since lvl 128

MAs <~~I fighting class meant to take and deal out damage more powerful than most others.

Agent <~~Main reason they deserve this spot is the simple fact that they can get the dirt work done when they need to. They are a trick of all trades, they can become virtualy invisable, and they do things other classes could only dream of. I think as of now agents are fine how they are. I have a 154 agent and I do not find a problem with him as of yet.

Traders / Nano Techs <~~Both have good ways to do dmg and deserve to be above the few below for there reasons. However should not be above Enforcers, Soldier, and MAs like they curently are. I am talking about the trader not the NT. The NT needs to be tweeked to fit in this slot and not fit below the others as they do already I have had Traders come and go one I brought passed lvl 110 and even back then they were uber.

Engineers <~~They should be placed at same lvl as a fixer. They are meant to make and build things therefor they need there tradskill buffs, there pat pathing fixed, and the respect of being an engineer and master builder. I currently have a 139 Engy and yes they are FUBAR atm.

Fixers <~~Hence the name they should be doing what there names states. Therefor they shouldnt be able to be as powerful as they curently are however dont nerf them bring the others up to there lvl more. Can you say Smurf Been there done that no fun no contest =P

Adventurers <~~Hmm I wonder can you say traveler not fighter. They are meant for fast and easy travel which they really are pretty lvl on the playing field dont see a need for a fix in there case. Havnt played extremly.

Docs <~~Of all classes this should be the lowest one on the bracket. Do you see doctors leading a pack in a real war no they are in the back round healing and helping the actual fighters. If any class in game needs a little nerf dmg wise it would be them. For the simple fact they can out dmg most other classes in PVM and PVP PVP wise they can heal them selvs with such a large nano pool and continue healing for a great period of time. PvM give them an HE and there good to go. My very first character was a Doctor and in beta I had a 152 Doctor and back then they were uber still.

Ok I know I will get Flames from all the classes that think they should be the strongest. Well to all those trust me flame away I could care less as I say to others "To Each There Own". For those that agree ty =P

I'm not going to make any comments about your soldier. But my soldier friends have no trouble killing my demon with heal pet on it. *shrug*

This is a profession discussion. Wrong forum. Closing the thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234