Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Think of the Froobs

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Question for high level froobs: What would you think about allowing froobs access to profession (but not group or general) perk lines?
    No thanks. ex-200 froob and I would hate to see prof perks be opened up to froobs. General perks such as enhanced hp/nano, gen/FS ect... Maybe those but certainly not prof perks.

As stated above it can/will cookie cut fr00bs and no one wants cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Question for high level froobs: What would you think about allowing froobs access to profession (but not group or general) perk lines?
    Sounds bad to me. Many (not all) perks would make many (Rubi-Ka) challenges a lot easier as of today. That would spoil the fun.

Just *my* 2ct. Others might have a different opinion...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

I say froobs to get SL too! They can get it as a reward for lvl 200. I wouldnt mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Oh, i have seen some in my carreer. They are there. Check your mediacache directory in you AO folder, there are possibly some .bik files...
    The company that handled placing the ads has apparently shutdown though, maybe six months ago. So new ads are not running at the moment.
    Last edited by Biancha; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 07:21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    The company that handled placing the ads has apparently shutdown though, maybe six months ago. So new ads are not running at the moment.
    Yer I haven't seen any in ages. Froobs may have generated income back in the day but not anymore. Most of the lvl 200 froobs I know simply don't want to pay for the game much the same way that jaded and bitter long-time paid players who have cancelled their accts no longer wish to pay for the game.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Oh, i have seen some in my carreer. They are there. Check your mediacache directory in you AO folder, there are possibly some .bik files...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    That would really pigeonhole certain profs. For example: Enfs would be able to perk the 2hb perkline, but not 2he, 1he or 1hb. Might be different for some other profs, but that one came immediately to mind as a bad idea.
    Rebalanced perks will be rather different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Yer I haven't seen any in ages. Froobs may have generated income back in the day but not anymore. Most of the lvl 200 froobs I know simply don't want to pay for the game much the same way that jaded and bitter long-time paid players who have cancelled their accts no longer wish to pay for the game.
    Froobs generate revenue by buying stuff in itemstore and by turning into paid customers. There's always going to be people who never pay of course, but if you don't let anyone try the game they're not going to convert into paid customers.

Also what's with the bitching hate over froobs? People keeping the game alive and there's nothing but hate? Worst community ever. Makes me ashamed to be associated with you people.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Also what's with the bitching hate over froobs?
    <sarcasm>It's an urban myth that froobs deserve love</sarcasm> Anyway, i can easily ignore live with it.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Rebalanced perks will be rather different.
    I'm so glad you've got some insider information that says that Reaver, Blunt Mastery and Edged Mastery are suddenly going to be Profession perks

So until that information is released (dubious) froob profs w/ profession perk access WOULD be pigeonholed into cookie cutter setups.

P.S. The worst ad was the one with the race car (think it was an AM PM ad).
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Isn't SL only AO $5 per month?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Tone down some of the rhetoric in here, please. Discussing how much froobs may or may not be included in the balance is one thing, but calling them (or each other) rude names is not appropriate.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

i think its fair to say that the game is getting harder for all players not just froobs. BUT i think that FC needs to not only give some froob love, which will also benefit paid players, but also be sure not to cripple end game froob raiding. oh yeah and get the ad revenue back up too lol..

i really hate how elitist the AO community is at times...
    Last edited by Sama; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 03:26:13.

My point is, Froobs are good and I like that there's more players coming into AO.. But if they become a expense for FC I will fight with teeth and claws against Froobs:P I would do anything to secure the future of AO, and I think that with some attention AO is and will be an amazing game. And I always come back to AO, no matter what games I fly around trying out... AO is always my set point of zero, you might say.

PS: GEE-ZUS we've been keeping Anarrina busy in this post All apologize and let's make love (err friends)
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    In all honesty most of the high level froobs are better players than any TL7, most of whom heck/kite noobed their way to 220.

I rolled a new froob soldier recently. It's been a lot of fun and challenge with no assistance from my paid toons. Much more exciting that bashing rocks repeatedly in between dailies. And the elite dailies mean froobs can level hella fast now.
    qft, a lot of high level froobs have been paid in the past, and chose not to take the easy, overpatched, and imbalanced way out(that's not to say that froobs are balanced, just not as unbalanced IMO)

I've been enjoying my froob trader greatly

Another useless thread...

Don't worry, Engine/Rebalance proly wont come out and if it dose it will be in 2-3 years when u proly wont play this game anymore.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

I hate to have to justify the existence and validity of froobs' comments on the rebalance but I'd just like to point out a couple of things.

The recent introduction of 18.4 whereby RL money can be traded for ingame credits through the tokenboard packages makes the value of every single player in AO vitally important. Whether a froob/SL or fully paid player buys the tokens in game for Ao credits....they have directly contributed to the RL money entering funcoms account. Froobs also come into possession of some nice RK nanos that are of considerable game value (e.g GA4 /NS2 etc) and pass through the economic chain which may involve the same RL money starting point.

Froobs can buy items in the paid points store.

In these economic times of uncertainty paid accounts are frozen/unfrozen frozen depending on the liquidity of the player. The froob account provides a solid and steady contact within the game during these "blips".

Personally I feel that the froob game needs no hand outs in the form of perklines/SL access as it is so well balanced. I am happy for playstyles and abilities of professions to change but only that it would be sad if RK content became impossible for a froob force to stand a chance of completing.

peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    i really hate how elitist the AO community is at times...
    rotflmao....most froobs I meet are Elitist against paid players. I'm betting paid subs generate more revenue than advertising. BTW getting adverts is based on total pop not just froob pop. There is zero benefit to balancing endgame AO for froobs. The froob program is to give ppl a trial of AO, froobs are just lucky there's so much content available for them. If FC listens to the elitists of AO(frood or paid), then the pop will never increase to a decent size.

just give froob *soical armor....Beast...Zodiac...Collector...etc ^_=

that's solve it ^_==ta-dah!

*ofcourse it's be in the in store paid shops*
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    rotflmao....most froobs I meet are Elitist against paid players.
    Has it ever occurred to people how much this might have to do with the way paid players treat froobs? Give a bad impression of yourself and leave a group of people with a bad taste in their mouth, and they will naturally choose to avoid or shun you. It's no wonder they don't feel like having to pay on top of that to spend more time around us...
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by AhndraCorvid View Post
    Has it ever occurred to people how much this might have to do with the way paid players treat froobs? Give a bad impression of yourself and leave a group of people with a bad taste in their mouth, and they will naturally choose to avoid or shun you. It's no wonder they don't feel like having to pay on top of that to spend more time around us...
    So because a paid player treated a froob poorly justifies them doing it in turn? I've met more than enough Elitists on both sides and both make AO a worse environment.

Justification and explanation are not always one and the same. I was aiming for the latter.

If you really want to see this kind of "elitism" cut down throughout the game environment you'll recognize that it requires an effort on both sides. One side isn't going to stop being "elitist" on its own. That's not really a froob or subscriber thing as much as it is simply a human nature thing; people are always pointing fingers and whining "why should I have to put in the effort if the other side isn't?"

Currently there's this kinda vicious cycle where subscribers treat froobs badly so froobs have a negative view of subscribers, which only gives subscribers more reason to think negatively of froobs in turn, and so the cycle just continues. I think a good first step in the right direction would be for people to be more welcoming of froobs when the two groups mix in-game (Tara raids come to mind, at least as far as RK2 goes). Often this seems to be where the negative impressions first occur.

And on another note, to all those who argue that the future subscriber base can't be found in froobs because high level froobs supposedly never upgrade? I count at least 3 such high level froobs who have since gotten paid accounts posting in this thread alone, at least 2 of which have made fully endgame level 200 characters, and know of a bunch more in-game. And that's just the ones *I* know. :P It does happen.
    :E

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast