Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Think of the Froobs

Think of the Froobs

I've read the nano change documents and I'm a bit concerned that RK PVM will become very very difficult for froobs. ATM with large froob raid forces ...everything up to and including Ian Warr has been done.

I am quite happy for difficulty to be raised ....just it would be a shame if RK content became "Impossible" for the F2Pers.

funcom has stated they are not keeping froobs in mind during rebalance.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

In any case, what's the problem here, really?
    Any nano req's too steep for you? if so which ones?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    funcom has stated they are not keeping froobs in mind during rebalance.
    And rightfully so, why on earth should fc make a great effort to make the game balanced around non-paying users? {removed}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:18:03.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Actually everything seems way more easy with 4h osb.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    And rightfully so, why on earth should fc make a great effort to make the game balanced around non-paying users?.
    yeah right ... because if froobs were to get pwned by green mobs due to rebalance, they would subscribe ? I think they would more likely /quit...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    yeah right ... because if froobs were to get pwned by green mobs due to rebalance, they would subscribe ? I think they would more likely /quit...
    I love when people don't bother to read the original post or at least not have it in mind at all when trolling replies to the OP.

{removed} you'd realize that we are talking about high end-game froob stuff... If you level to 200 you better damn well know if you like the game enough to pay the littlebit for SL at least to try 20 more lvls... lolz
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:18:40.

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

who cares? extending froobs abilities and balance their needs too wont lead them to pay for ao. we need a new trial-system and a new newb-experience!

think about why there are froobs... they dont wanna pay for this game... they wanna play it for free... {removed}

i would prefer new trial and froob accounts only for players that allrdy pay 1 account.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:19:12.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Um, froobs generate revenue for Funcom, too. Via advertisments, that is. So technically, kicking us (yes, "us", because i count myself as a froob - even tho i pay) from the shelves might be a step in the wrong direction...

Besides, as the OP said: We did almost everything. There have been pure froob merc raids, Hezak gankage, HI Raids, Nirtox, whatever. A bit more challenge is gooood for us
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    who cares? extending froobs abilities and balance their needs too wont lead them to pay for ao. we need a new trial-system and a new newb-experience!

think about why there are froobs... they dont wanna pay for this game... they wanna play it for free... {removed}

i would prefer new trial and froob accounts only for players that allrdy pay 1 account.
    I agree!

To make people more attracted to AO, a better idea would be to make levelling something that again is "fun" or at least gives you a feel of your profession..

I don't even know what froobs do to level, they still do mishs like before? Either way, leveling in general needs major improvement... It's NOT a newb friendly game at all, which is sad:< Doesn't brig many new faces into the game...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:19:59.

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I love when people don't bother to read the original post or at least not have it in mind at all when trolling replies to the OP.

{removed} you'd realize that we are talking about high end-game froob stuff... If you level to 200 you better damn well know if you like the game enough to pay the littlebit for SL at least to try 20 more lvls... lolz
    OP was talking about high level froobs, but Hellrule, who you quoted, was talking about froobs in general ... so, as you were answering him, your post should have been about froobs in general ... No need to get angry that quick... anger leads to dark side, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post

think about why there are froobs... they dont wanna pay for this game... they wanna play it for free... or mummy doesnt give em money to pay for it. so...

Obviously, you dont care about froobs, but you ask for froob account for paying customer... you want more slots ? pay for them, get a Vet account. But if you have to choose between your usual froob hate and kicking kittens, please continue to spew your froob hate on forum, I m all for saving the kittens.

To clarify what I wanted to say, I dont think that balancing "end game froob" contents should be a priority for FC. But FC should keep in mind TL1 to 3 froobs in term of PvM in order to encourage them to continue to play (as froob or as paying) instead of leaving.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:20:20.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Either way, leveling in AOE needs major improvement...
    good typo
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Obviously, you dont care about froobs, but you ask for froob account for paying customer... you want more slots ? pay for them, get a Vet account. But if you have to choose between your usual froob hate and kicking kittens, please continue to spew your froob hate on forum, I m all for saving the kittens.
    i dont want more slots. i have 3 (4) paid accounts and 3-4 froobs ones too. just keep the froob accs for paying customers to be able to have our bots running, cause funcom isnt able to give us the needed things that would make bots obsolete.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

good typo
    Yeah work is hectic, anyway I ment General.

And actually you may assume in any post that I post that it's referred to OP, which should be the same in any post. I was agreeing with hellrule, while answering the OP. I don't know why you assume everything east and west, but you're assuming wrong.

Anyway for the froobs, I'm happy that they are there and all.. But I dislike the fact that some of them stay froobs forever. If they keep playing they obviously like some aspects of the game, and it's not expensive at all to pay up... I mean why not support the company that made the game so that further improvements will be available.

I'd do anything to bring more popylarity to AO..
    Last edited by borriss; Mar 1st, 2011 at 14:10:23.

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Wow, feel the love in here. This thread actually hurts.

I've been paid for well over 2 years now, including LoX, and I play my paid characters as much as my froob ones, but I started as a froob. I still have all my froob characters (my sig is by no means exhaustive - those are just the characters I play these days) and I still think of myself as predominantly a froob, in the same way that Z does (see above).

I agree with Gridpain that balancing froobs should not be Funcom's #1 priority. {removed} *However*, I find the froob game an almost entirely different experience to the paid game, and I really do love raiding with TLFivePlus. If the ability to do that goes away, so does literally half of my game. No, I'm not being melodramatic. And I speak here from the situation of a larger number of players than you'd expect.

Let me give you an example of a couple of things from the nanodocs that concern me.

- The CH lockout is going to make healing raids for froobs more difficult. No, really. At the moment, several doctors are required on a looping CH cycle in order to keep the tank's health topped up. While docs're getting higher RK heals, ostensibly to make up for this, there's still a great degree of concern that we'll be able to make up the same amount of healing once CH's large local cooldown is introduced.
    - With engi AoE blinds being removed, we lose a lot of debuffing power at raids. Again, yes, these are pretty much mandatory. Yes, froob raiding is that tactical. This is why it's almost a whole new game for me.

I understand why these changes were made. I'm not questioning them in themselves. I'm not saying that paybie PvP isn't important to balance.

But I would still like to be able to (with luck) take down Ian Warr or HI with my froob friends post-rebalance.

Not saying it's got to be high on Funcom's priority list. But it'd be nice to get some official recognition from an employee, saying we've not been forgotten about.

--Argo
    Last edited by Argotach; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 18:39:51.
    Tacharnan - 220/27/70 neut Advy, NEPA [s]
    Argo - 210/23 neut Fixer, NEPA
    Argottus - 183 omni Fixer (froob)
    DrZhivargo - 153/11 neut Doc, NEPA
    Tacharkeep - 150/9 omni Kipper
    Argoleech - 106 omni Tarder (froob)
    Argomp - 73 neut MP (froob), NEPA
    Tachargo - 55/6/14 neut Fixer, NEPA

RK2 | TLFivePlus | Omneut

Quote Originally Posted by Argotach View Post
    Wow, feel the love in here. This thread actually hurts.

I've been paid for well over 2 years now, including LoX, and I play my paid characters as much as my froob ones, but I started as a froob. I still have all my froob characters (my sig is by no means exhaustive - those are just the characters I play these days) and I still think of myself as predominantly a froob, in the same way that Z does (see above).
    In all honesty most of the high level froobs are better players than any TL7, most of whom heck/kite noobed their way to 220.

I rolled a new froob soldier recently. It's been a lot of fun and challenge with no assistance from my paid toons. Much more exciting that bashing rocks repeatedly in between dailies. And the elite dailies mean froobs can level hella fast now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Um, froobs generate revenue for Funcom, too. Via advertisments, that is. So technically, kicking us (yes, "us", because i count myself as a froob - even tho i pay) from the shelves might be a step in the wrong direction...
    I actually haven't seen a single advertisement since I started my froob project thing.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Question for high level froobs: What would you think about allowing froobs access to profession (but not group or general) perk lines?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Question for high level froobs: What would you think about allowing froobs access to profession (but not group or general) perk lines?
    That would really pigeonhole certain profs. For example: Enfs would be able to perk the 2hb perkline, but not 2he, 1he or 1hb. Might be different for some other profs, but that one came immediately to mind as a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I actually haven't seen a single advertisement since I started my froob project thing.
    Oh, i have seen some in my carreer. They are there. Check your mediacache directory in you AO folder, there are possibly some .bik files...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast