Thread: Missions in inacessible parts of the map

Angry Missions in inacessible parts of the map

Tonight I was doing the living cyber armor quest for a lower level alt, and was on the gloves. Was given a mission to find someone in Newland Desert.

Go to the desert, follow the direction arrow to go to the mission. I end up in Newland. Go back and try again. Same thing. Look on my map of the zone, and the mission is just beyond the zone boundaries, and is between the two zones.

Delete the mission. Exact same spot. Try again. Exact same spot. Finally, I have a GM warp me to the mission so I can complete it. What a pain. Finally did get the gloves though.

I ran into the same bug, in the newland /zone border area. I had a GM teleport me to the mission area only to find it broken anyways.

As did I. Very annoying as the coordinates for the camp are unreachable, thus leaving the gloves impossible to get. Surely, this bug shouldn't be too hard to fix?
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Not sure, but.......

I came across a nice guy having almost the same problem.

He would pull a mission for Lush Field. Walk thru Trade, West Zone, Ferry to Harrys, Upload the Mission, follow the yellow line to Zone into Mutant Domain. He'd step back and repeat same result.

Problem was his mission was in Lush Fields and the Mutant Domain zone cut into his path.

I say this, because if he had held the same direction he was going to start with he would have REZONED into Lush on course.

Im assuming the Living Armor Quest is EXACTLY the same as it was on TEST. IT took me way out into the DESERT and I found the mission local in a Rhino Camp with a BOSS. Made a Do or Die run for the Mission Door.

If Im right, you catching the corner of Newlands zone. Once you have the yellow line, after u zone, maintain the original Direction. You should zone again and find the Yellow line once again.

Originally posted by GreyBear
    Not sure, but.......

I came across a nice guy having almost the same problem.

He would pull a mission for Lush Field. Walk thru Trade, West Zone, Ferry to Harrys, Upload the Mission, follow the yellow line to Zone into Mutant Domain. He'd step back and repeat same result.

Problem was his mission was in Lush Fields and the Mutant Domain zone cut into his path.

I say this, because if he had held the same direction he was going to start with he would have REZONED into Lush on course.

Im assuming the Living Armor Quest is EXACTLY the same as it was on TEST. IT took me way out into the DESERT and I found the mission local in a Rhino Camp with a BOSS. Made a Do or Die run for the Mission Door.

If Im right, you catching the corner of Newlands zone. Once you have the yellow line, after u zone, maintain the original Direction. You should zone again and find the Yellow line once again.
    Sorry, but that's not the same location that I was having problems with. I know where the rhino boss is, and my quest for the cyber armor was not there. It was in a location on the west side of the zone.

So west that the zone doesn't extend that far. If you are in Newland, you can see the hole in the ground just to the east. But there's a zone wall before you can get to it. If you are in the desert, you can see the hole in the ground to your west, but there's a zone wall in your way.

Perhaps they finally moved it on test after enough of us petitioned to have us warped to it. lol

Ahh, maybe its a random local.

I did mine before it went live.

They used to have a bunch of spots like that, inaccessable, just beyond the zone edge. In Hole in Wall.

Sorry your having problems, noticed no Official word either .

Ok, problem solved, rerolled the quest for the gloves, and got new coodinates in the Rhino Scout Camp (boss camp) in Newland Desert. Seems the location on the corner of Newland zone is the bugged one, so if you get this, just delete the quest and ask the Good Time Party Mixer again
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Living Cyber Armor Gloves

This quest is broken.

I keep geting the first part, where the reward is the "Banded Ring of Hope", in an area that is inbetween zones. At location 1866,8 - 1207,1 which is just west of the Newland Desert zonewall and east of the Newland zonewall. I can see the hut where the mission is from either side (Newland or Newland Desert), hidden inbetween the zonewalls.

After a petition (which takes forever for "Quest Problems (26)") an Ark decided to teleport me to the right area.
    I enter the dungeon and fight my way to the target, who I am supposed to observe. Upon completion the mission doesn't update. It just hands me the ring and removes the quest from my mission list. So when I get to Sarah Winter to deliver the ring she just says she can't take that from me. Presumably because I don't have the quest anymore.

¤

From my experiences, about half the time this mission will be in that same inaccessible location of Newland Desert. For now, you just have to delete it, get another mission from the NPC, and make sure it's in a different location.

Hmm

I've tried again today to get that other mission spot for the Living Cyber Armor Gloves quest, but no matter how many times I get the mission it is always in the limbo area inbetween zones. I've been geting the quest from the Good Time Party Mixer in Newland (by Neuts'r'Us and the Bronto stand) and the one inside Reets Retreat in Street West.
    Should I be trying some other Good Time Party Mixer, or am I just very jinxed?

¤

I suspect it doesn't matter which party mixer you ask, but there is also one in Athen, east of the whompas. Maybe Funcom realized one of the two locations was inaccessible and removed the wrong one.

Re: Living Cyber Armor Gloves

Originally posted by Sasquash
    This quest is broken.

I keep geting the first part, where the reward is the "Banded Ring of Hope", in an area that is inbetween zones. At location 1866,8 - 1207,1 which is just west of the Newland Desert zonewall and east of the Newland zonewall. I can see the hut where the mission is from either side (Newland or Newland Desert), hidden inbetween the zonewalls.

After a petition (which takes forever for "Quest Problems (26)") an Ark decided to teleport me to the right area.
    I enter the dungeon and fight my way to the target, who I am supposed to observe. Upon completion the mission doesn't update. It just hands me the ring and removes the quest from my mission list. So when I get to Sarah Winter to deliver the ring she just says she can't take that from me. Presumably because I don't have the quest anymore.

¤
    The banded ring of hope quest is NOT in Newland its in Newland desert
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

The banded ring of hope quest isn't in Newland Desert either

I know the quest says it is in Newland Desert, but that doesn't help much when it tries to make me go in an area that is inbetween zonewalls. The location the "Banded Ring" quest is in isn't Newland nor Newland Desert. It is inbetween them. It is just beyond the north east corner of the Newland zone and similary too far into the inverted south west corner of Newland Desert.

I've tried the Clan Party Mixer (500 300, Old Athen East, thank you for the tip Volatus), just east of the wompa. Same result. Also tried to get someone else to take the gloves quest before me, to see if this would give me the other spot, which didn't work.

The "Living Cyber Armor Gloves" quest is bugged.

Guess I'll have to take my chances in the Subway.

¤

The map thingy is bugged not the mission, i cant remmber where it was i think it was that dungeon where the TK bot spawns.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Erm....

Xyberviri, when did you do this quest?
    It is broken now. It used to work before, true, but right now...broken. No map bug, nothing else. Simply a part of a quest that is hidden inbetween two zones. Inaccessable. Out of reach.

Broken.

¤