Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - February 4th, 2011 - Meetings and Setups

Vs. your attention span?

<3
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Mine attention span?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Did you guys bring the AO-props from way back when? those were cool...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm surprised nobody noticed the biggest AO dev problem. How can we take you seriously if you use those monitors? I thought 23" wide was standard nowadays? I have 19" wides in my storage if you need :P Seriously, I hope the GFX guys have decent test machines.

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    I'm surprised nobody noticed the biggest AO dev problem. How can we take you seriously if you use those monitors? I thought 23" wide was standard nowadays? I have 19" wides in my storage if you need :P Seriously, I hope the GFX guys have decent test machines.
    Having spent 5 months developing on a pair of those screens, they're just fine.
    I don't particularly see how the size of a monitor is relevant here.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

"size doesn't matter"? :P
    Point Blank

Monitors of that size are perfect, as long as you're not used to having a couple of full-HD monitors...

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Monitors of that size are perfect, as long as you're not used to having a couple of full-HD monitors...
    google full-hd pls and think about it =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

I'm not sure I follow...

My monitor is running 1920x1080 natively, and as far as I know, that is also known as Full-HD...

I'm not sure I follow...

My monitor is running 1920x1080 natively, and as far as I know, that is also known as Full-HD...
    full-hd doesn't suggest anything about the physical size of a monitor
    Formerly Vhab.

Still not sure I follow...

Tried googling "full-HD" a few times now, but nothing seems to imply anything other than the fact that "1920x1080 progressively scanned == Full-HD".

:P

Still not sure I follow...

Tried googling "full-HD" a few times now, but nothing seems to imply anything other than the fact that "1920x1080 progressively scanned == Full-HD".

:P
    1 meter pixels, or 1 cm pixels?
    1920x1080 Meters
    1920x1080 Centimeters
    both are "full HD"
    so indeed "full HD" says nothing about size, but just number of pixels
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Wait... /facepalm

But I seriously doubt those screens are full-hd.

Note: I knew Full-HD == 1080p, but it didn't actually occur to me (at the time), those monitors *could* be Full-HD monitors.
    Last edited by Flipyap; Feb 15th, 2011 at 18:29:25. Reason: This seems like a bad case of misunderstanding on my part

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    I thought 23" wide was standard nowadays?
    Are they shrinking again? I'm using 24" for some years now... unfortunately in 16:10 (okay, still better than 16:9), because 4:3 are so f... expensive.

If someone doesn't know where to spend his money -> Dual 30" 4:3 for me please
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Monitor size really is a matter of preference and what you are used to. Personally I hate it if I have to actually turn my head when I switch from looking at top left corner to bottom right corner. Distance from the monitor(s) also effects that. I like to be fairly close to display. Now multiple displays.... that I like. AO on first, firefox on second, email and IMs on 3rd and about 101 terminals open to linux servers that I administer on 4th.... I like things in neat little boxes with borders.

Wait... /facepalm

But I seriously doubt those screens are full-hd.

Note: I knew Full-HD == 1080p, but it didn't actually occur to me (at the time), those monitors *could* be Full-HD monitors.
    They're not, due to the shape.
    But with 2 times 1600x1200 the extra vertical space over 1080 actually comes in handy at times
    Not that much less pixels either, 2073600 (1920*1080) vs 1920000 (1600*1200)

I personally prefer widescreen (16:10 being ideal, but they're being killed off ), but when working 4:3 is perfectly fine.
    Don't need to play games or watch movies all day on those screens.
    Annoying thing with widescreen is, you really need at least full-hd before it's somewhat usable.
    hd-ready is just painfully short on vertical space.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Feb 16th, 2011 at 08:02:40.
    Formerly Vhab.

They're running @ 1600x1200? Then I recall my statements. 1600x1200 works beautifully, although I prefer widescreen atm. :P

I had a 32" 'HD-ready' TV up until recently... It was horrible...

last
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

really?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567