Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 4th, 2011 - Meetings and Setups

What's with all the hating on the new office? They JUST moved in, and as first tenants iirc. Give them a month or so to f... spruce it up.

I'm happy to see everyone's actually working instead of decorating the place... Well, except for Means, obviously, he just takes pictures and plays with his dog. :P

The post it note on the door saying Funcom just did it for me.

In a way, looks like it could be a fun new office, and in another, I think it's looking hip for the sake of looking new. Dunno if I'd want that as my office layout. Congrats on the move
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

So, do you have better parking here or will they whine when you park outside still? ;P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Adventurer document will be sent to the professionals and next week and hopefully be out to everyone else after some adjustment soon.
    Seriously, dude. I hate you. -.-
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Seriously, dude. I hate you. -.-
    You still love him deep down inside!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Woah! The graphics engine update in those pictures of the office for the daily missions make them look so lifelike!

Seriously though, we are glad that the AO devs are now moved & getting situated in their new parking garage... err, I mean office.

Can we please have an ETA on a patch for the crashing on logout, which has been happening since at least November? It is affecting many people... to the point some of the already small population do not want to play until it is fixed. I'm really getting tired of sending the crash reports dozens of times each day that I am playing.

Also, what is the ETA for the graphics engine beta please? Until then, is there any chance of getting that teaser video that was 'hopefully' going to be posted "in three weeks" last Spring?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Feb 4th, 2011 at 23:33:36.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Is there any chance to get some attention towards the new Nvidia cards/drivers support?
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

nice that you guys are settling in, but seriously >< what an ugly office space is that... i'd get an instant depression if i knew i had to work there :S
    GL making it feel less garage like
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Also, what is the ETA for the graphics engine beta please? Until then, is there any chance of getting that teaser video that was 'hopefully' going to be posted "in three weeks" last Winter?
    /correction
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Montreal is a great city! Don't let the staff out for too many late night benders... or the rebalance will never get completed :P

Welcome to Canada! It's a great place.... But I hope you don't get too many of these crazy blizzards and whatnot.

Don't forget to come to BC/Alberta and enjoy the rockies (Lake Louise is a very nice resort/ski holiday)

Also, when you have time, do a road trip to the maritimes, St. Johns Newfoundland, is one of the most well preserved cities in Canada, with much of the detail of the 1800-1900's still in tact. Beautiful land Canada is.

gotta say means, nice space...but the "cubes"? ugh! I've spend a lot of time in cubes and we only gave space like that to contractors. What happened to 4 half walls? way too much "peer over your shoulder" for my taste.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Riawn View Post
    Actually, you forget he's an artist.

Those are the linseed oil, paint thinner, etc. he needs for when he paints on those monitors.
    No I'm not - I'm a designer/writer. ;P Trust me, I am made acutely aware of this every time I actually *do* pick up Photoshop and try making a texture for the game, as Means (and previously Silirrion) love *reminding* me of the fact that I am not an artist. XD Looking at the picture I think that's a bottle of water, a bottle of orange juice, a bottle of cranberry juice, a bottle of Gatoraid, and a root beer from McDonald's. Oh, and it was green tea in the mug. I drink a LOT of liquids. ><

And honestly, the offices aren't quite as bad as you guys might think - The other floor (where AoC/TSW/etc. people are stashed) has the exact same stylings as ours, and when I first saw it in pictures I didn't care for the aesthetics either; I felt it looked too industrial-modern. But actually being there and sitting in it, it's a *lot* better and more comfortable than I thought. Yeah, sure, it's a little drab at the moment, but we also just moved in; we don't even have Mr. Squeaky shipped over yet. Soon as we get a bit more time to settle in, though, it'll feel just like home. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Adv's ? kill them, kill them ALL!
    Kill them for slander!
    Seriusly, fix so the servers don't crash when they die and it's all good!
    Still we hate them, a LOT.
    Removal of at least dof & -6k coon wouls be lovely.
    Even then, we'd looooove when they DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    At least there's new info about when it will be released in there.
    ^^ thats being too optimisitic imo.

----------------

glad to see montreal is as beautiful as ever... cough.. good to see ao in canada. break a leg guys
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Feb 5th, 2011 at 01:18:20. Reason: i r good spelling for grammer
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I drink a LOT of liquids. ><
    Yes, you do.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    ^^ thats being too optimisitic imo.
    It doesn't say which year =)
    Mpfha - your friendly neighborhood metaphysicist

The Adventurer document will be sent to the professionals and next week and hopefully be out to everyone else after some adjustment soon.
    Means, I must aware you: My pet can now found a path toward you <3 /pet attack

I drink a LOT of liquids. ><
    OMG! You cant visit hot places, cause you will never stop to drink!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    OMG! You cant visit hot places, cause you will never stop to drink!!!
    That's probably why I drink so much, in all honesty - I'm from Mississippi, where your average summer day can easily be 99*F/37*C with 70%/80% humidity. It gets *muggy* up in there for real.

Apparently Montreal does somewhat the same - Very curious to see how it stacks up vs. back home. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Montreal will hit that ... maybe a few times a year.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Funcom employee

No I'm not - I'm a designer/writer. ;P Trust me, I am made acutely aware of this every time I actually *do* pick up Photoshop and try making a texture for the game, as Means (and previously Silirrion) love *reminding* me of the fact that I am not an artist. XD Looking at the picture I think that's a bottle of water, a bottle of orange juice, a bottle of cranberry juice, a bottle of Gatoraid, and a root beer from McDonald's. Oh, and it was green tea in the mug. I drink a LOT of liquids. ><

And honestly, the offices aren't quite as bad as you guys might think - The other floor (where AoC/TSW/etc. people are stashed) has the exact same stylings as ours, and when I first saw it in pictures I didn't care for the aesthetics either; I felt it looked too industrial-modern. But actually being there and sitting in it, it's a *lot* better and more comfortable than I thought. Yeah, sure, it's a little drab at the moment, but we also just moved in; we don't even have Mr. Squeaky shipped over yet. Soon as we get a bit more time to settle in, though, it'll feel just like home. =)
    I do hope Means' special costume was shipped over as well, so we can get new pics of him wearing it while at his new desk!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast