Thread: Deconstructing implants

Deconstructing implants

I keep getting conflicting info on this, but is it possible to remove the nanoclusters from implants?
    --- Sly
    a.k.a. "Chazzer," level 52 Omni trader, Rubi-Ka 2

yes. required B&E and an implant dissasembly kit. /tell arsiine if you want some done.

Here's an odd question about implant disassembly.

As I'm sure everyone here is aware, it is possible to "improve" the QL of an implant by adding clusters to it. However, normally this can only be done once, and only at high levels of skill.

However, the Implant Disassembly kit presents an alternative. If one implants junk clusters (Psychobabble implants, for instance) into an implant, then disassembles it, does the QL of the implant stay at the raised state, or does it drop back down?

In other words, could these kits theoretically allow someone who carefully hoards clusters throughout their career to keep a set of implants for longer, at a cheaper rate than would normally be required?

If you remove the clusters the implants stays at the ql it was. If you put in new ones it will go up as usual. If you remove again, it will stay at the higher level. Eventually you could push it to ql200. However, implants (full or basic) are so common that this is not worth doing. And it takes very high skills to do (NP to build and B&E to clean). Both those skills need to be near the same level as the trreatment to wear it, so near 1000 for ql200.

I didn't think it would really be practical. I just think it would be cool.

"I've been using these same implants since I was fighting off Rookies. They don't need replacements, just give'em a tuneup every once in awhile and they work better than ever."

Well, I finally got a hold of my first disassembler. Yay! So I went to take apart some implants I had lying around...and my B&E skill wasn't high enough. Fair enough, so I start plopping points into B&E...and I go, "Wait a minute!" And I look at the other skills I'm working on, mechanical engineering, weapon smithing, and I realize it may be fun to diversify, but I'm already out half the nanos that other traders are enjoying just because I'm fiddling around with other skills.

And I agree, Lirona. "Because it's cool" is a very good reason, especially when you're playing a game.
    --- Sly
    a.k.a. "Chazzer," level 52 Omni trader, Rubi-Ka 2

I agree - "because its cool" is an excellent reason to do it.

I've been thinking about this. I collect a pile of 'junk' implants with things in it that are around QL193. Clean it. Pop a faded (5K) cluster in to raise the QL of the implant to 195. Clean it pop 1 more in for good measure and your at 197. So you have taken a QL193 implant and moved it up to 197 which will be 200 when I'm done with it. On average I raise implants by 2 quality levels.

You could really put these items on sale also with an additional 2 5K clusters. Converting something that you would get around 30K for if you sold it to 400K if you spent the time stripping and reimplanting faded twice into it.

Cash cow by all means.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Upgrading plants -- useful indeed

Yup, those pesky ql193 plants finally have a use now. I have even upgraded plants as low as 180 just becuase i was desperate and it was all i could find that min.

Faded clusters are relatively cheap and I actually tend to get 3 levels per cluster, although it has occasionally been 2. My NP is just 1k, probably the same as you Elbo, so it might just be cluster/plant specific.

Re: Upgrading plants -- useful indeed

I posted this idea when the implant disassembly clinic was first introduced.

JimSalabim (Dev) replied that it is indeed possible, and that we're perfectly welcome to do it.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.