Thread: Support Beams?......eek!

Support Beams?......eek!

Why call them support beams? I guess their "Fururistic"....yeah, right....

My Suggestions:

"Radiating Support Beam"

"Radiating Transteel Support Beam"

"Glowing Shiny Smashing Thing"

"Nano Infested Heavy Support Beam"

New beams like those could be added or the current ones could be changed. They could do chemical/fire/energy dmg or something like that.

Just some suggestions.

Ohh, and they would have a glow around the beams too =)
    My Uber L33t Setup Includes:

Blazindro Clan 125 NT

"Stick".

At QL 200:
    "Big Stick".
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    "Stick".

At QL 200:
    "Big Stick".
    *lol*

good one =)

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Talking

I would love to see Enforcer Atrox playing around with a huge 2hb Dildo called 'MTI Toy-3000 **** Intruder' with a special damage effect on Opifex females
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

The item is an I-beam. But besides that, yea it should have some fancy name like Notum-Reinforced Support Beam.

There is already a weapon named Stick. It's actually called a Smart Stick. It's used by ARK's to nock some sense into the players .
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

There's also the Nerf Stick, which the Devs use to batter items and professions into uselessness. :>
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Sethil
    I would love to see Enforcer Atrox playing around with a huge 2hb Dildo called 'MTI Toy-3000 **** Intruder' with a special damage effect on Opifex females

That realllly worries me.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Originally posted by Sethil
    ROFL

Speaking of intrusion... be sure to ask TheDeacon about his visit to Tarasque. He might have some valuable insight.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I got a Martial Artist and his Support Beam does Chemical damage.

Better a Support Beam than Support Hose...
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

A 2hb giant dildo should do double damage on male characters - "Whatcha mean that's exit-only?"

--K

Originally posted by Kenlon
    "Stick".

At QL 200:
    "Big Stick".
    how about a BFS

big farking stick

Originally posted by Karanya
    A 2hb giant dildo should do double damage on male characters - "Whatcha mean that's exit-only?"

--K
    LMAO!

And it should heal atroxes...Everybody shuns them. They gotta get it some kinda way
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Frankly, i wouldn't mind having a more futuristic blunt weapon. Perhaps instead of a beam we could use the wing of a space ship. It would still be as stupid as the beam, but more period.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Buildings in the future don't use metal support beams to frame them? What, they made of plastic or something? Even if that were the case, I'd think that would be a nasty piece of plastic to swing around. I can't see the support beam going out of style until we get artificial gravity or force-field type opaque floors and walls that have no physical structure but instead rely on the conversion of energy to either counteract gravity or prevent solids from passing through a particular plane.

If you ask me, the Support Beam is probably an integral part of the infrastructure of the capitol of Omni-Tek's Rubi'Ka base of operations.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    If you ask me, the Support Beam is probably an integral part of the infrastructure of the capitol of Omni-Tek's Rubi'Ka base of operations.
    Right, well, if all the buildings need support beams then why are they just laying about for any atrox to find? And what the hell is a QL1 support beam going to hold up?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I would guess you need some kind of support beam to hold up the roofs of notum mines. Perhaps the low quality level ones are used at the entrance where they don't have to hold up as much weight. I can see an Atrox miner taking a few souveniers from a collapsed mine to fight his former opressors.

I'd expect Omni employees to get higher 'tech' weapons however. But, even so, just like NYC firemen are difficult to get out of their blue jeans and old fashioned helmets, it's quite possible that the Atrox of the future simply 'prefer' the Support Beam. Who knows? Perhaps they even get the rejects off the assembly line from the steel mill.

Re: Support Beams?......eek!

Originally posted by EliteSkillz

"Glowing Shiny Smashing Thing"
    I vote we call it that. After all, Atrox aren't the smartest people on the planet.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget