Thread: Coming back after a few years. Many questions.

Coming back after a few years. Many questions.

First off I been playing AO on and off for many years. But I rather start and also convince my old buddy to play and stay playing for sometime to come. We been hoping around and have not found a MMO like AO since.

So lets say I have not played for a solid 3 years. It's been less about a year and a half but I hardly experienced most the features in 3 years that were added or changed. The biggest downside is AO/funcom does not really do a good recap advertisement since the game launched or certain times of major changes to the game.

So the biggest thing is what had changed in 2-3 Years? I will give you example of what I saw in my first hour of exploring:

- Ofab is now not no drop and can be traded and farmed by friends and higher level plays.
    - some kind of new battleship was it called daily that earns I think person said 1000 points at 220?
    - Battleships teleporter is 100 times more epic and now takes you to a special ship? Where all 1-220 battleship signups are located.
    - Some new level 150? Content cult or something where you can get bad ass armor and sells good to.
    - Item Mall added to the game but still pretty legit for sure not a pay to win setup.

I hope someone can add to this list make it 100 times bigger or even a few times. These are what makes me drop my mouth and say COOL. AO has never been about 10 new dungeons ADDED meh normal update. But small things like the ofab being trade able.

Questions time. First off I will be starting level 1. I have a 200 shade, 201 shade, 180 MA. But I will be starting from scratch that and I have no credits or items I must been stripped or I stripped before I quit. I will be playing RK1.

PS I have all expansions and a subscriber as I know this makes a difference on some the questions I will ask.

Questions:
    1) What is the fastest leveler from 1-220 soloing. I assume that is a tad impossible since AO is group group game but trying get an idea what takes a good beating and deals a good beating not really what would be practical.

2) What would be one the best high damage good at camping / killing were they dynbosses or something for loot? Money maker?

Side note I am trying stay away from shade though I might be willing level say to 200 switch but for my friend sake I will start from 1.

3) RK1 Clan highest exp neut second and omni omg what happen haha. End game teaming wise what is important? If I recalled for people might not be the best socializer that neutral was a better choice? How bad do Neuts get it these days?

4) How is SL grouping and leveling these days? Is there still good groups kites or no kites in SL or we kind getting owned there for new characters?

5) What is the best way to earn credits? I use to always always have credits but now having none how do you guys do it? I'm assuming there is many ways maybe suggestions and what one could earn would be great.

6) Is there good ORG's around? Last time I don't think I was as lucky. For example I had a MA do really really bad damage at level 180+ where my shade kick the MA's ass at the same level. It was really really sad and here I was told Shades are good 210+

7) Is there any cool revamped interfaces these days? New maps features that stuff?

8) I assume ofab worth grinding for and just using it till I hit 200+ or do you guys use it for all levels these days?

I have 100's of questions but I better ease up. I'm a tad of a loaner when it comes to playing MMORPG's and this will hurt me as if I recall AO not really good for loaners :P. I like to make credits too hehe. I never enjoyed AI farming would never try farm city on my own and really disliked missions farming at low levels for say pillows haha.

I love my shade but I think a third shade would be stupid? But I do have spirits I'm sure haha. I did like MA's but never ever had the right help and always did so bad with a MA.

I was suggested maybe a keeper and would not be as bad for tweaking and such.

Though I like shade for the none hardcore tweaking LOL...

Grrr so hard to decide if I were to ask ignoring I have 2 shades are they still the kick ass class?

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

EWWW After editing this I noticed my MA was 201 and my shade is 200 and 200 LOL.... Damn my MA seam to fail bad all I remember was his damage was bad.

Getting OFAB is quite a grind and full set is seldom the best option. Some professions use hardly any parts while some can do "okay" with (near) full set while waiting for better parts. With the exception of gloves that I got at low level to buff pistol skill I didn't get ofab till I was in TL7 BS and farming VP was faster. My NT on the other hand farmed almost full set of QL225 at level 150 because it seems good enough. So, getting OFAB depends on your profession and how fast you think you will out level it.

There is instance called Dark Ruins in Adonis. First you have to complete solo instance (level 150 or higher) to get access to team instance (Level 150-200). In team instance you can get Goddess Armor which is basically upgraded Predator Armor.

For credit farming Sector 10 is best, 150 is max level for that. Level 151-200 is Sector 7 that has some goodies.

Bureaucrat is probably the best choice for leveling fast and soloing and also for camping dynas. You can even level with fairly cheap gear like Miy's (nano) armor and using Exterm symbiants without losing too much. You can calm your way through missions to get your nanos or you can charm two hard hitting mobs in the mission and slaughter everything quite fast for some XP. The only thing I missed playing crat was some healing at a tough spot. Teaming with a friend's NT was fun too. No worries about running out of nano, layers to mitigate damage if mob keeps resisting, NT aoe blind combined with crat AAD aura makes mobs miss a lot and no team will turn down crat and no pocket team will turn down crat+NT. Teaming with keeper was good too.

These were just some of my thoughts, I'm sure others will give you more complete replies.
    Last edited by Crowena; Aug 28th, 2011 at 16:26:18. Reason: Added little more to this

Crowena Covered some of the questions really well, so I will try my best to share my opinion
    Now, remember lvling in AO is mostly about a good team! (except Daily Missions, you might know what that is?)
    So basically the fastest way to lvl is this:

1-10 = Noob Island.
    10-15(20) = Nascense bridge mobs
    15(20) - 30(35) = Cripplers in Nascense
    35 - 70 = Nascence Hecklers
    70-100 = Elysium Mortiigs
    100-130 = Elysium Hecklers
    130-150 = Adonis Hecklers (Also do Adonis Brain Symbiant Quest for a few lvls)

At 150 you can stop and farm s10. This might be tough at first, but when you farm some money and can equipp your character it can be very very fast!

150-160 = Adonis Hecklers (at 160 you can get to Penumbra, then to Inf for inferno missions. But note: it's not recomended unless you have a good org that can bring through Inferno Missions. If you don't have such a org, then do Ado hecks untill 180ish and move to pen for quest/key, then at 185ish you can think about MAYBE getting a pick-up team in inferno)

This is mainly the fastest way, now combine this lvling process with Daily missions: Normal daily, Battlestation Daily and Alien Daily, also you might want to try some of the Elite Dailies on the way, but they can be quite tough

Hope you understood my wall of text, and hopefully it will help! And as Crowena said: NT or Crat = win when you are doing hecklers
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

Elite daily in Subway is quite easy around level 20+ and Elite daily in ToTW is easy to get done if you team with someone. I can't stand Foremans so I can't say anything about that one.

What is an elite daily and what does daily offer in exp? and what does it require in ToTW?

I guess you don't know about the daily missions either then. There is a quick guide to location to get the mission. The XP and token rewards from the dailies are very nice especially if you are able to do all types:

1. Standard Daily Mission (XP + Token)
    2. Elite Daily Mission (XP + Token, takes more time and is harder)
    3. Battle Station Daily Mission (XP, Token, Victory Points)
    4. DOJA Chip (XP)
    5. Alien Daily Mission (AXP + Token)

At low levels these all give you a full level but at higher levels it is scaled down. At low levels the agencies can also direct you to certain old quest chains.

ToTW Daily guide
    Subway Daily Guide

Your best source of information really is AO-Universe.com for everything.
    Last edited by Crowena; Aug 29th, 2011 at 02:04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    I guess you don't know about the daily missions either then. There is a quick guide to location to get the mission. The XP and token rewards from the dailies are very nice especially if you are able to do all types:

1. Standard Daily Mission (XP + Token)
    2. Elite Daily Mission (XP + Token, takes more time and is harder)
    3. Battle Station Daily Mission (XP, Token, Victory Points)
    4. DOJA Chip (XP)
    5. Alien Daily Mission (AXP + Token)

At low levels these all give you a full level but at higher levels it is scaled down. At low levels the agencies can also direct you to certain old quest chains.

ToTW Daily guide
    Subway Daily Guide

Your best source of information really is AO-Universe.com for everything.
    Sweet thanks.

Only have a lvl 171 so far but haven't found ao very hard for a soloer, sure if you like to get the best items it could be for normal play not so much, having access to instanced missions makes it so you always have level appropriate content, then you have the static dungeons in Shadowlands, nice xp and good fun even though the bosses tends to be killed by lvl 220s by the time you fight your way there
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer